Get rid of the striker position.....

Advertisement
Get rid of the striker position..... and just put a third corner out there already. This new scheme CLEARLY leaves them as a huge liability in coverage. Every big play with the exception of a couple blown coverages has come on them being isolated by the other team. The opposition clearly sees that as their biggest mismatch. The striker is GREAT when you create pressure, but this new scheme just allows the QB to sit back there clean.

You're right. last night in the GameDay Thread I made a comment that every time the striker was over a receiver, the QB went there with the ball. Clearly not working in coverage.

again, very Al Golden-era...

Manny coached 3 true-freshmen starting LBs year 1 and Rumph coached everyone he put his hands on the first several seasons... Now the same SENIOR LBs are missing, we're not setting the edge, and Bandy gets beat on a double moves with no S help? This all starts with Baker's leadership and disposition on defense.
It’s been 2 games..2 close games. In the mean Time ima give CIS a break until next weeks game..y’all going through it right now. Too much overreaction

Our secondary is terrible. Not enough speed. I knew we’d miss JJ and the other vets badly, but we’re straight trash. Unc is bad, and they ran and threw on us at will.
I believe it’s a combination of being too aggressive and scheme. At this point we can’t leave our corners on a island. We lost to a one read offense. That’s on Baker.

Advertisement
Nothing wrong with the strike position but I just feel like Finley can get exposed with a speedy guy in man coverage. He plays the run well and plays good zone coverage hence the pic he made in Florida. Just feel like he’s a little to bulky to run with some of those slot guys

This is without a doubt a new scheme. It doesn’t look like anything we have run in the previous 2 years
It definitely looks different to the naked eye.
I'm furthest from the analytical type. I go on feel and perception. I've mentioned this on another porst. I didn't get a good vibe at all from the D at the end of the game.

I believe it’s a combination of being too aggressive and scheme. At this point we can’t leave our corners on a island. We lost to a one read offense. That’s on Baker.
This right here except Baker is running Manny’s defense so it’s on Manny as much as it is on Baker. The difference is we are not getting to the QB as often this year, and our secondary is depleted. We really miss Willis on the DL and Redwine, JJ, and MJ in the secondary.

Advertisement
My problem is I saw horrible de play , setting the edge, allowing multiple cut backs. I also hate standing the dl up. The dt’s are not Miami quality starters , and we were out leveraged multiple times.

Bad angles , missed tackles ( again) and blown assignments ( again).

It’s obvious to see there’s a new dc though. More mental mistakes and bad fundamentals.
It's kind of disheartening. What was considered a plus hasn't materialized...

My problem is I saw horrible de play , setting the edge, allowing multiple cut backs. I also hate standing the dl up. The dt’s are not Miami quality starters , and we were out leveraged multiple times.

Bad angles , missed tackles ( again) and blown assignments ( again).

It’s obvious to see there’s a new dc though. More mental mistakes and bad fundamentals.

If the best we have to offer is Patchman we should fold the program already. We are dead meat. Even FSU is not that stupid

Advertisement
Nothing wrong with the strike position but I just feel like Finley can get exposed with a speedy guy in man coverage. He plays the run well and plays good zone coverage hence the pic he made in Florida. Just feel like he’s a little to bulky to run with some of those slot guys

Well that is exactly the point of my post & why I didn’t name names.

Get rid of the striker position..... and just put a third corner out there already. This new scheme CLEARLY leaves them as a huge liability in coverage. Every big play with the exception of a couple blown coverages has come on them being isolated by the other team. The opposition clearly sees that as their biggest mismatch. The striker is GREAT when you create pressure, but this new scheme just allows the QB to sit back there clean.
I was screaming this at my tv

Then aren’t you more vulnerable to the run? Corners are more susceptible to the run. Safeties are bigger bodied and more flexible as a hybrid lb. I think maybe Diaz ought to be more situational with his packages. But whatever you do the offense has a counter. Sometimes it just boils down to your athletes against theirs.

Advertisement
Well that is exactly the point of my post & why I didn’t name names.

I think Finley is your LB on obvious passing downs. Get him off the slot guy.

In fact, I hate our entire approach to X and Long situations.

For starters, it's stale, and being exploited. These DB blitzes aren't getting home.

I also think we need to be more creative in getting multiple pass rushing ends loose.

When Stoops was at FSU, he excelled at that.

Finley has been the most surprising player to me the last two years. Definitely should get a look back at safety

Advertisement
Back