Get rid of the striker position.....

Tweed

Sophomore
Get rid of the striker position..... and just put a third corner out there already. This new scheme CLEARLY leaves them as a huge liability in coverage. Every big play with the exception of a couple blown coverages has come on them being isolated by the other team. The opposition clearly sees that as their biggest mismatch. The striker is GREAT when you create pressure, but this new scheme just allows the QB to sit back there clean.

Advertisement
Get rid of the striker position..... and just put a third corner out there already. This new scheme CLEARLY leaves them as a huge liability in coverage. Every big play with the exception of a couple blown coverages has come on them being isolated by the other team. The opposition clearly sees that as their biggest mismatch. The striker is GREAT when you create pressure, but this new scheme just allows the QB to sit back there clean.
It’s not a new scheme man. There is no such thing as a perfect defense in today’s game

Advertisement
Advertisement
My problem is I saw horrible de play , setting the edge, allowing multiple cut backs. I also hate standing the dl up. The dt’s are not Miami quality starters , and we were out leveraged multiple times.

Bad angles , missed tackles ( again) and blown assignments ( again).

It’s obvious to see there’s a new dc though. More mental mistakes and bad fundamentals.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Striker position. And Romeo has been a bright star back there.

Baker is doing some dumb things w the front 4. That’s the issue at the moment.

This 1000% although Frierson has not played the run well at all

Advertisement
It’s not a new scheme man. There is no such thing as a perfect defense in today’s game

Then it's a poorly coached/executed old scheme. There's no pressure from the front and the demeanor is more passive. Where's the attacking, edge-setting and lane-filling? Tackling sucks as well. There's no excuse for the way we've played the last two games on defense and I question weather the players buy in to what they're doing.

We've had our best success just rushing 4...maybe 5 on 3rd downs, but Manny and Blake would rather go 3 man rush or exotic with zone blitzing and we get burnt every time.

This is without a doubt a new scheme. It doesn’t look like anything we have run in the previous 2 years
Are you talking about the 3-3-5 we go to in 3rd n long?..we’ve been doing that..like I say this “scheme” is not new...last night I saw a lot blown coverages, especially early. On that 4 Nd 17 the corner blitz that we’ve run a lot did not get home. bandy should’ve been under that out route. He was in no mans land in zone. He had a rough night.. RN on defense our safeties are not playing well. Way too miscommunication on the backend..

Advertisement
Then it's a poorly coached/executed old scheme. There's no pressure from the front and the demeanor is more passive. Where's the attacking, edge-setting and lane-filling? Tackling sucks as well. There's no excuse for the way we've played the last two games on defense and I question weather the players buy in to what they're doing.
Y’all can’t have it both ways man..this secondary is young. But they are being coached by the same staff that coach the previous secondary that was very good..blown coverages, ppl playing out of zones, missed tackles are on players. From an accountability stand point, it’s on coaches to get them ready to play..we are young asf on the back end

Advertisement
Back