Gerald Willis ready to eat this season

Advertisement
I feel like we finally get a chance to see what the hype was all about this year. This guy has been the Scout Team player of the decade at UM. All we hear about is how he has made the scout team look silly the since he has been here. I am ready for him to make his mark at the next great UM DT. And he can be a great mentor for Silvera to boot.

Advertisement
Willis will not be a 1st round pick no matter what he does. Too much off the field stuff with him.

This 1st round lock talk is obviously comedy at this point BUT if a Randy Gregory can go in the 2nd round then Willis definitely can overcome any off-field issues in the eyes of the NFL if he has some sort of monsterrrrr year this season.

Advertisement
Sounds good.

But you can't blame any of us for being in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode on Willis.

Wow, so many negative responses to what I posted above.

What part of "you can't blame" don't you guys understand???

I already said you can't blame, so don't blame me, bro.

This 1st round lock talk is obviously comedy at this point BUT if a Randy Gregory can go in the 2nd round then Willis definitely can overcome any off-field issues in the eyes of the NFL if he has some sort of monsterrrrr year this season.
Randy gregory was actually playing at nebraska. Willis has only played in 14 games in his career. Arden key ia going through it now as he was projected to go 1st round but off field concerns have some saying 3rd round for him.

Overall the DTs are going to be bigger than last year which should help some with stopping the run. Willis at 295 now which is bigger than mcintosh was. Ford at 300, silvera at 300, tito at 305, miller at 335-340.
Bethel while only 285-290 is one of the strongest guys on the team too

Advertisement
whatever happened to him is under wraps. His lawyer posted something on twitter about how proud he was to be able to secure his eligibility for this season etc...

Makes me think there was a legal case pending which was beaten behind closed doors.

Regardless,

I CANNOT remember a single player getting so much positive praise from just about everyone and their mother in years. Probably since ST. I don't get it, but I know its not bull**** because its coming from the staff not from us armchair QBs.

Things are fishy but we all will forget after he sacks the **** outa whoever is under center for FSU.

Glad he is saying all the right things and is looking dominant in practice.
This is his money year I am sure he is going to ball out. Hopefully he can stay healthy and out of trouble.

Advertisement
Guy was picked 13th overall after a video of him smoking a facemask bong surfaced the day of the draft.

Stop it.
Their was no history of issues before that. Look at arden key this year. Was projected to be a 1st round pick now off field issues has hurt his stock. Willis is entering year 5 and has only played 14 games. That shît is going to hurt him come draft time.

I'll be conservative(dont wanna be too outlandish or anything) but Im predicting a Warren Sapp 1994 type of season from Willis

Advertisement
Back