Gerald Willis III signed to Dolphins practice squad (SIAP)

Only thing I can think of is Taylor was a 4-3 attacking, disrupting DT and I remember reading that he was trying to adjust to new scheme, which was more read and react and less attacking.

So, apparently, we don’t like DT’s wreaking havoc in the backfield.

Crazy! Reminds me of Donofrio scheme.
If that is what flores is trying to implement, Willis went to wrong team and needs to question his agent.. wtf..

Advertisement
Vincent Taylor is a tough guy but not versatile or agile and definitely not New England style. To play for the Patriots in a role like that you had to be extra special like Wilfork. They resurrected Danny Shelton from the Browns because he has more raw ability than someone like Taylor. I'm sure Flores is comparing Taylor to interior guys they had with the Patriots and Taylor simply isn't maneuverable enough.

The New England defense always looks vulnerable at times during the season. But they always have athletic types who can play narrow through gaps and come at you in waves. Taylor doesn't fit that mode so I'm not shocked he is gone. Willis is more of a fit.

Dolphins need to connect on the early round picks. Many of these late picks are touted as great finds but they really don't do anything for you in relation to the top teams in the league. Right now the Dolphins are no longer in pretend mode with guys like that. Flores doesn't see Taylor as someone he can win with long term.

Regarding Gaskin, I didn't follow preseason but he's a dependable high character guy, just the type of player the Patriots have utilized over the years, in spot play and special teams. Walton has more raw ability than Gaskin. I got challenged on that on Finheaven many months ago but I don't see how it was debatable.
Walton is noticeably better than Gaskin. He runs much harder and seems faster and bigger even though their measurable s are almost the same. Between Drake, Ballage, Walton, and Laird, there’s no need for Gaskin. Laird is more of a New England type of player than Gaskin, IMO, if you haven’t seen him at Cal or on Miami.

He was the best DT on the team. Not pretending he's a world beater, but he was the most consistent guy at the position. He'll get snapped up in an instant and be a solid player for another team.
Dude is always injured he played like
If that is what flores is trying to implement, Willis went to wrong team and needs to question his agent.. wtf..
@Peter Ariz

In another crazy move, Fins just cut Vincent Taylor, who was our best play making DT.

So, it looks like Willis is gonna have a lot of playing time.
That was an unbelievable move. He had to at least have trade value. The ONLY thing I like about the dolphins is the recent pick ups from UM

Advertisement
He was the best DT on the team. Not pretending he's a world beater, but he was the most consistent guy at the position. He'll get snapped up in an instant and be a solid player for another team.

Umm he is in the way of Wilkins....and he cant rush the passer. Wilkins can do what he does. Willis, Nkemdiche have better up field pass rush ability. Taylor was a solid player and cheap...so im just guessing something wasnt a fit.

Vincent Taylor is a tough guy but not versatile or agile and definitely not New England style. To play for the Patriots in a role like that you had to be extra special like Wilfork. They resurrected Danny Shelton from the Browns because he has more raw ability than someone like Taylor. I'm sure Flores is comparing Taylor to interior guys they had with the Patriots and Taylor simply isn't maneuverable enough.

The New England defense always looks vulnerable at times during the season. But they always have athletic types who can play narrow through gaps and come at you in waves. Taylor doesn't fit that mode so I'm not shocked he is gone. Willis is more of a fit.

Dolphins need to connect on the early round picks. Many of these late picks are touted as great finds but they really don't do anything for you in relation to the top teams in the league. Right now the Dolphins are no longer in pretend mode with guys like that. Flores doesn't see Taylor as someone he can win with long term.

Regarding Gaskin, I didn't follow preseason but he's a dependable high character guy, just the type of player the Patriots have utilized over the years, in spot play and special teams. Walton has more raw ability than Gaskin. I got challenged on that on Finheaven many months ago but I don't see how it was debatable.

Walton isnt even comparable with Gaskin. Walton has starter ability some games for us. He's looked pretty good this preseason...alot like jAMES wHITE.

Umm he is in the way of Wilkins....and he cant rush the passer. Wilkins can do what he does. Willis, Nkemdiche have better up field pass rush ability. Taylor was a solid player and cheap...so im just guessing something wasnt a fit.
It was a fit thing. I'm not counting on anything from Nkemdiche. Willis I have high hopes for obviously.

It was a fit thing. I'm not counting on anything from Nkemdiche. Willis I have high hopes for obviously.

Yea im not counting on him either. Willis definately can play....maybe they see Taylor going unclaimed and grabbing him back when there is an injury.

I honestly would of just waved Gaskin. Laird seems to have out performed him.

Advertisement
Yea im not counting on him either. Willis definately can play....maybe they see Taylor going unclaimed and grabbing him back when there is an injury.

I honestly would of just waved Gaskin. Laird seems to have out performed him.
Laird is the type of guy who if we had cut him, I’m 100% convinced the patriots claim him. He runs smooth without hesitation and hits his top gear early. He’s like a poor man’s Philip Lindsay in some ways. And I would take Laird over Gaskin any day.

Walton isnt even comparable with Gaskin. Walton has starter ability some games for us. He's looked pretty good this preseason...alot like jAMES wHITE.
Walton is an extremely pedestrian running back, he can never be a starting RB in NFL not sudden enough... he has elite hands tho and is a demon on special teams and catching the ball. He is a 3rd down back that is all. Gaskin is a better runner just too small and needs to be faster for his size.. gaskin is smaller than I thought he was

Walton is an extremely pedestrian running back, he can never be a starting RB in NFL not sudden enough... he has elite hands tho and is a demon on special teams and catching the ball. He is a 3rd down back that is all. Gaskin is a better runner just too small and needs to be faster for his size.. gaskin is smaller than I thought he was

All preseason Walton showed to be much better runner than Gaskin. Gaskin is the last rb on the depth chart...the Laird dude is better than him.

Don’t know if anyone answered the question but Joe Jackson did make the roster for the Cowboys.

Advertisement
All preseason Walton showed to be much better runner than Gaskin. Gaskin is the last rb on the depth chart...the Laird dude is better than him.
True I would say Laird is a better runner behind the line of scrimmage then Walton.... I think they both laird and gaskin have better instincts then Walton ..Walton is just the superior athlete imo

Not that I'm a lions fan but they've won one playoff game in 60 years... so be patient dolphins fans, it could be much worse

Advertisement
Back