Gerald Willis III signed to Dolphins practice squad (SIAP)

Yeah but that isn’t just a Miami thing, it’s everywhere
Exactly, my point is that a bunch of posters here are legit surprised that Willis or M. Jackson didn't make a 53 men roster, sometimes we only see the good traits on our players and our eval is flawed.

It's not really a critique, it's observation that we should be more impartial to avoid disappointments.

I saw a response to a tweet by a SCar fan saying how he aways hears about how talent their WR group is, but Muschamps elected to punt on a 4th down . I immediatly remembered us in this board yelling about how talent our WR room is, although a few of the young guys are having trouble getting on the field consistently. There's probably 30 programs around the country that think their WR core is top 5 in the nation.

Maybe I'm raging against the very nature of fandom, but it bothers me sometimes

Advertisement
Exactly, my point is that a bunch of posters here are legit surprised that Willis or M. Jackson didn't make a 53 men roster, sometimes we only see the good traits on our players and our eval is flawed.

It's not really a critique, it's observation that we should be more impartial to avoid disappointments.

I saw a response to a tweet by a SCar fan saying how he aways hears about how talent their WR group is, but Muschamps elected to punt on a 4th down . I immediatly remembered us in this board yelling about how talent our WR room is, although a few of the young guys are having trouble getting on the field consistently. There's probably 30 programs around the country that think their WR core is top 5 in the nation.

Maybe I'm raging against the very nature of fandom, but it bothers me sometimes

In another crazy move, Fins just cut Vincent Taylor, who was our best play making DT.

So, it looks like Willis is gonna have a lot of playing time.

In another crazy move, Fins just cut Vincent Taylor, who was our best play making DT.

So, it looks like Willis is gonna have a lot of playing time.
They aren't even pretending anymore.

They might fire Flores for winning two games at this point.

They might as well trade the rest of their assets and go full tank. Get rid of Howard. They might be able to pull a second for him. Get rid of Fitzpatrick who I don't think Flores cares for too much. ****, they might as well get rid of Rosen (trade him to Indy).

They might as well trade the rest of their assets and go full tank. Get rid of Howard. They might be able to pull a second for him. Get rid of Fitzpatrick who I don't think Flores cares for too much. ****, they might as well get rid of Rosen (trade him to Indy).
tenor.gif

Advertisement

He gonna have to get off the practice squad first

we did him a favor RObert Nkideche coming soon no need to keep Vincent here for 6 weeks then cut him
According to Armando Salguero, Nkemdiche is far far away from playing shape. Then again, there isn’t a bigger Debbie Downer than Salguero, so we shall see.

I’ve been ok with all the moves so far but the Taylor release is the first one to really **** me off.

The long game here should be to get Lawrence. Not Tua. We need to suck for 2 years in a row. Doesn’t matter how many picks we have.

We won’t be able to trade them for a one overall to get Lawrence in 2 years if there is even one team ahead of us.

That guy is a once in a generation type qb.

This may be an unpopular take, but Willis and Mike Jackson have to serve as a wakeup call for fans overrating the talent of players on UM roster. There were people saying they would go 1st RD or had 1st RD talent, both went late/undrafted in the draft and were cut by their original teams.

That doesn’t mean their careers are over, but it shows us as fans overrated their ability

BOTH WENT TO TALENTED TEAMS...that got them for depth purposes/ future potential. Both will play nfl games this year..chill out.

The gators have a 3rd rounder...cut

Advertisement
According to Armando Salguero, Nkemdiche is far far away from playing shape. Then again, there isn’t a bigger Debbie Downer than Salguero, so we shall see.

I’ve been ok with all the moves so far but the Taylor release is the first one to really **** me off.

The long game here should be to get Lawrence. Not Tua. We need to suck for 2 years in a row. Doesn’t matter how many picks we have.

We won’t be able to trade them for a one overall to get Lawrence in 2 years if there is even one team ahead of us.

I mean even if he was in playing shape, he ain't that good.

I agree. I'm not sold on Tua. I don't think he physically holds up in the NFL. I'd be more inclined to take Herbert over him if you're truly deadset on taking a QB early. But there's some big time OT's in this years draft the Dolphins need to be targeting.

Wasnt Taylor hurt all last year and still injurd?

Advertisement
That Vincent Taylor surely set him off the deep end.
He was the best DT on the team. Not pretending he's a world beater, but he was the most consistent guy at the position. He'll get snapped up in an instant and be a solid player for another team.

I don't like letting Taylor go unless you're dead set on Gerald Willis III stepping in as an upgrade over him behind Godchaux and Wilkins.

Even then, we're keeping 6 RBs including our FB, why the **** didn't we just put Myles Gaskin on the PS and keep Taylor?

Advertisement
I don't like letting Taylor go unless you're dead set on Gerald Willis III stepping in as an upgrade over him behind Godchaux and Wilkins.

Even then, we're keeping 6 RBs including our FB, why the **** didn't we just put Myles Gaskin on the PS and keep Taylor?
Only thing I can think of is Taylor was a 4-3 attacking, disrupting DT and I remember reading that he was trying to adjust to new scheme, which was more read and react and less attacking.

So, apparently, we don’t like DT’s wreaking havoc in the backfield.

Crazy! Reminds me of Donofrio scheme.

This may be an unpopular take, but Willis and Mike Jackson have to serve as a wakeup call for fans overrating the talent of players on UM roster. There were people saying they would go 1st RD or had 1st RD talent, both went late/undrafted in the draft and were cut by their original teams.

That doesn’t mean their careers are over, but it shows us as fans overrated their ability

Gerald Willis is definitely a 1st rd talent and Mike Jackson around the 2nd especially after including his combine performance.

Gerald Willis is definitely a 1st rd talent and Mike Jackson around the 2nd especially after including his combine performance.

You just verified his point in the most glaring fashion imaginable.

I love the poster who tried to deflect with Alabama and Clemson examples. Hilarious. Once we have multiple first round picks again every year no kidding some of them won't pan out. The first round is basically 50/50 toward overall disappointment. But it's a numbers game and right now the Canes are not involved

Vincent Taylor is a tough guy but not versatile or agile and definitely not New England style. To play for the Patriots in a role like that you had to be extra special like Wilfork. They resurrected Danny Shelton from the Browns because he has more raw ability than someone like Taylor. I'm sure Flores is comparing Taylor to interior guys they had with the Patriots and Taylor simply isn't maneuverable enough.

The New England defense always looks vulnerable at times during the season. But they always have athletic types who can play narrow through gaps and come at you in waves. Taylor doesn't fit that mode so I'm not shocked he is gone. Willis is more of a fit.

Dolphins need to connect on the early round picks. Many of these late picks are touted as great finds but they really don't do anything for you in relation to the top teams in the league. Right now the Dolphins are no longer in pretend mode with guys like that. Flores doesn't see Taylor as someone he can win with long term.

Regarding Gaskin, I didn't follow preseason but he's a dependable high character guy, just the type of player the Patriots have utilized over the years, in spot play and special teams. Walton has more raw ability than Gaskin. I got challenged on that on Finheaven many months ago but I don't see how it was debatable.

Advertisement
Back