Gerald Willis Comparison

So what I'm gathering is that we just went from being an average in the trenches at best to having 5 or so sure fire 1st Rounders?

Looking average and being average are two different things.

Wouldn't say 5 first rounders, but I see at least 6 NFL players. A couple of them as 1st day picks. In comparison to other teams, especially in our conference, it's a superior DL (in terms of talent).
I agree and am excited about the talent but you gotta admit these threads get out of hand quick. Willis is now quicker than Easly and Norton who showed a ton of promise is now a first rounder. It reminds me of out vaunted WR class of 08, Byrd Aldarius Benjamin Stretet and Thompkins were all at worst 2nd round talents. Thompkins was a green tree maniac that never saw the field.

Advertisement
He may be stronger but he's not faster. Easley has the quickest first step for an interior DL in the NFL.

I didn't think so that dude Easley has a rare first step.
Aaron Donald says hello

Willis is much quicker than Donald.

Don't sleep on Donald. He is dominating right now. He is about to put his size 13s in Jameis Winston's *** tomorrow night in front of a national TV audience.

"Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF
Aaron Donald (+64.7) has a higher overall grade than J.J. Watt (+63.9), something nobody has been able to do since Watt's rookie season" - And that metric was calculated prior to last week...when he destroyed the Lions with 3 sacks and a ton of QB hits.

He now has 11 sacks on the season.

He's garbage compared to Willis.

So what I'm gathering is that we just went from being an average in the trenches at best to having 5 or so sure fire 1st Rounders?

Looking average and being average are two different things.

Wouldn't say 5 first rounders, but I see at least 6 NFL players. A couple of them as 1st day picks. In comparison to other teams, especially in our conference, it's a superior DL (in terms of talent).
I agree and am excited about the talent but you gotta admit these threads get out of hand quick. Willis is now quicker than Easly and Norton who showed a ton of promise is now a first rounder. It reminds me of out vaunted WR class of 08, Byrd Aldarius Benjamin Stretet and Thompkins were all at worst 2nd round talents. Thompkins was a green tree maniac that never saw the field.

Sure, some things are unrealistic. I think this group of DL has more promise than that WR group showed. Some of these guys, somehow, some way actually made some plays this year while playing in a scheme that makes them look awful. Norton, Mcintosh, Jenkins and Moten @ DT. That's a really solid group of players. Willis will likely play a little bit of both. If AQM returns, he and Chad are probably our best DE duo in a decade.

Lets just hope this kid can keep his head on straight for another 6 months and then the beast will be unleashed.

Hes done better then most on here predicted so far. Most thought he wouldnt be able to get through the season without getting into trouble. Looks like we have a great support system around him. And he is focused too. This is his last shot at being at a big time FBS school. He screws up here and hes off to Grambling St.

Over time, I predict he and Kendrick Norton will be our best DT tandem since Kennedy and Maryland in 89'. I got a real good feeling about these two if we put them in an attacking scheme.

I'm excited and encouraged too and Willis's and Norton's talent is off the charts but let's pump the breaks on that one a little bit. That is a hefty expectation for these kids.

Hope you're right though.

Advertisement
He may be stronger but he's not faster. Easley has the quickest first step for an interior DL in the NFL.

Aaron Donald says hello

Don't sleep on Donald. He is dominating right now. He is about to put his size 13s in Jameis Winston's *** tomorrow night in front of a national TV audience.

"Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF
Aaron Donald (+64.7) has a higher overall grade than J.J. Watt (+63.9), something nobody has been able to do since Watt's rookie season" - And that metric was calculated prior to last week...when he destroyed the Lions with 3 sacks and a ton of QB hits.

He is dominant and an absolute beast this year which makes me even more impressed about what that says about our O-Linemen from 2013. I know we clearly game planned to stop him but if I recall correctly Donald had half a tackle and was pretty much irrelevant that day.

I remember watching Dominique Easley pretty much destroy our offensive line when we played Fla.
My question is Willis in the same mold as him? or what would be a good comparison?

In my four years as a student at Miami, Easley was far and away the best player I saw in my time there and that includes Winston, Cook, Duke, Kuechly, Bridgewater, and anybody else.

Read recent stat: no Miami player with >5 sacks/yr in last 5 seasons. That data point alone indicates why our once mighty Hurricanes have fallen so far off the CD or ACCCG pace.

[/B]

Aaron Donald says hello

"Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF

He's garbage compared to Willis.

What you've done here...I now see it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back