Gerald Willis Comparison

I remember watching Dominique Easley pretty much destroy our offensive line when we played Fla.
My question is Willis in the same mold as him? or what would be a good comparison?
Willis is faster and stronger than Easley..

He may be stronger but he's not faster. Easley has the quickest first step for an interior DL in the NFL.

I didn't think so that dude Easley has a rare first step.

Advertisement
I feel good about our depth at DT for two reasons-

1. We'll have a competent DC!!!!!

2. Jenkins, Moten, Norton, Willis, McIntosh (inside) and Fines :). Seriously! Anybody got any news if Fines got anything?

We strong at DE with Chad able to move inside too. Chad, Harris, AQM, Jackson, McIntosh (outside) and Patchan (whats the word on Patchan)

LOL at the dude claiming he's faster than Easley. Easley has a freakish get off. He was singlehandedly wrecking our offense.

Willis' floor in a downhill gap shooting defense is Vince Wilfork.

Willis' ceiling in the current defense at UM is Earl Moore.

P. S. Willis is also the kind of guy that Richt likes to kick off the team.

Advertisement
LOL at the dude claiming he's faster than Easley. Easley has a freakish get off. He was singlehandedly wrecking our offense.

Seems like Easley is finally getting back to his old self. After he got injured that same year he didnt look the same since... Saw him this year with the Pats and he looks back..

that said, if Willis is anything like Easley then we will have 3 1st round draft picks on our Dline alone (him, Norton and CThomas) because he will make them all look like world beaters like Easley made SFloyd and RPowell look like beasts.

He isn't in Easley's league, but not many people are. He's not quicker, not as ferocious of a hitter, and I'm not sold on his high school tape if I'm being honest. We'll see what happens, but I see a lot of room for improvement.

As for his hit on the sideline, while unacceptable, people make dumb mistakes. I'm not going to far and feather him for a rash and dumb decision.

Advertisement
Lets just hope this kid can keep his head on straight for another 6 months and then the beast will be unleashed.

Hes done better then most on here predicted so far. Most thought he wouldnt be able to get through the season without getting into trouble. Looks like we have a great support system around him. And he is focused too. This is his last shot at being at a big time FBS school. He screws up here and hes off to Grambling St.

Over time, I predict he and Kendrick Norton will be our best DT tandem since Kennedy and Maryland in 89'. I got a real good feeling about these two if we put them in an attacking scheme.

not bashing the kids or doubting their ability to be really good...BUT this statement right here makes me SMFH Do you proof read or think out what your typing BEFORE posting? ****!!!! you actually comparing these two to some of the all time greats? FOH!!! And people wonder why the intellectual capacity of our fan base get questioned.

while we are at it....lets anoint one of the current back up QB's as the next mark Richt

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember watching Dominique Easley pretty much destroy our offensive line when we played Fla.
My question is Willis in the same mold as him? or what would be a good comparison?

He may be stronger but he's not faster. Easley has the quickest first step for an interior DL in the NFL.

Aaron Donald says hello

Aaron Donald says hello

Willis is much quicker than Donald.

Advertisement
I think Demetrius Jackson in a 4-3 single gap defense will be a terror of the first order. He too should end up off the board on day 1.

Seems like Easley is finally getting back to his old self. After he got injured that same year he didnt look the same since... Saw him this year with the Pats and he looks back..

that said, if Willis is anything like Easley then we will have 3 1st round draft picks on our Dline alone (him, Norton and CThomas) because he will make them all look like world beaters like Easley made SFloyd and RPowell look like beasts.

Aaron Donald says hello

Fletcher Cox, too. Never seen a guy his size be in the backfield by the time the center gets into his stance.

Lol at people saying a guy who has played 1 year of CFB and faster and stronger than an NFL 1st round pick. M
Kid is talented but cmon ..

Advertisement
So what I'm gathering is that we just went from being an average in the trenches at best to having 5 or so sure fire 1st Rounders?

Aaron Donald says hello

Don't sleep on Donald. He is dominating right now. He is about to put his size 13s in Jameis Winston's *** tomorrow night in front of a national TV audience.

"Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF
Aaron Donald (+64.7) has a higher overall grade than J.J. Watt (+63.9), something nobody has been able to do since Watt's rookie season" - And that metric was calculated prior to last week...when he destroyed the Lions with 3 sacks and a ton of QB hits.

He now has 11 sacks on the season.

Last edited:
So what I'm gathering is that we just went from being an average in the trenches at best to having 5 or so sure fire 1st Rounders?

Looking average and being average are two different things.

Wouldn't say 5 first rounders, but I see at least 6 NFL players. A couple of them as 1st day picks. In comparison to other teams, especially in our conference, it's a superior DL (in terms of talent).

Aaron Donald says hello

Don't sleep on Donald. He is dominating right now. He is about to put his size 13s in Jameis Winston's *** tomorrow night in front of a national TV audience.

"Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF
Aaron Donald (+64.7) has a higher overall grade than J.J. Watt (+63.9), something nobody has been able to do since Watt's rookie season" - And that metric was calculated prior to last week...when he destroyed the Lions with 3 sacks and a ton of QB hits.

He now has 11 sacks on the season.

Donald is an old school Canes style DT. He's a savage of the highest order.

Advertisement
Back