Gerald Mincey

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great, hopefully he doesn't want to go play with his buddy that changes his mind like a girl changes clothes 😁.

Big upside kid. High ceiling but low floor. Doesn’t fit the mold of no bad weight but does fit the mold of being athletic. Every time there’s a 6’6 315 pound local lineman you have to at least do your hw becau that doesn’t happen too often. Seems coach Barry has and likes him. UF wants him bad and it’s gonna be a battle between us and them. Last year the gators kicked our *** (hate to say it but no other way to put it) in O Line recruiting flipping 2 of our guys and locking up Wardrick Wilson early. Would be nice to win here especially since we are taking 5 o line.

I don't see this kid as a tackle at all....he's a guard all the way for me. Nasty guard and plays tough, but guard. His testing scores were not good and his feet do not look good in camps. His feet stop, then he reaches.

I said it before and will say it again.....we need to recruit more tackles bc when kids don't work out, they can usually kick inside and survive. We have struggled recruiting tackles for years. Over-recruit tackles with only a few stud interior guys.

Advertisement
With how many big time offers he’s picked up he should be getting a bump in the rankings

Advertisement
We talked about this guy during the camp circuit. He was the only OL who could block Donnell Harris.

One of his old coaches described him to me like this: “He has physical tools and he’s a d1ck. That’s a rare combo.”
Add that I believe Harris gave him peer credit (something I value greatly) and even said "we'll see each other again" or something like that. And, I've said what I think about Harris.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back