Gerald Bowman S JUCO

Advertisement
Judging only by his last few twitter updates, I get the feeling Bowman had a great trip but he probably never truly considered coming here.

The X Factor in all of this is if T J McDonald decides to come back to USC. If he does, Bowman would be a backup, but the way USC uses it's DB's would still play a lot.

you think the canes are in the mix though? like hes really considering us?

I really don't know very much about him, compared to what I knew about Woods, Farmer, Lee or even Vaughn Telemaque. I have heard he is set to enter USC in January, and it has been that way for over a year I think.

But I also hear that he really likes Oklahoma.

So I would say that his visit would have had to been mind blowing for him to SERIOUSLY consider going all that way, but it happened with VT, so anything is possible.

I also don't know anything about the depth chart at The U, so it is hard for me to comment.

But I honestly know very little about him, just that he seems to be a high priority for USC's staff.

Obviously, you hope to bring in kids to try and flip them, but a good visit is also a contingency plan should something fall through with their original plans. Let's say, for ex., he's set to go to USC all year, he comes here, has a good visit, but still wants to go SC. Then something happens over there, transcript issue, schollie issue, they get someone else, etc., and now this kid needs a backup plan. His visit here, at that point, hopefully pays off.

Obviously, the staff hopes to flip these kids, but it doesn't hurt IMO. Also, I have to believe all these Cali long shots are Brennan Carrol's doing. Every now and then, they'll pay off.

Los Angeles (CA) Pierce Junior College DB Gerald Bowman's had a whirlwind few days.

He took the long flight to Miami on Friday, stayed up late over the weekend spending time with Cane players, flew back today and then went to night school directly from the airport.

He's on pace to graduate early and is doing whatever it takes to make sure that happens.

So what did his UM visit accomplish?

Well, it put the Canes among his finalists.

"I was down to Oklahoma and USC before the vsiit, but after the Miami trip I'm definitely thinking about them," Bowman said. "It's pretty much even now (between the three). I had a great time on the visit. You hear about things, but actually seeing it is another thing. I'm really glad I had a chance to go out there. It definitely opened up my mind and increased the chances with them."

Advertisement
Advertisement
promising. if he is going to EE when is the latest he could announce?

Actually, EE's don't have to announce. they just show up and register for classes. I know at USC, they have had EE's register for classes as much as a week after the official start of classes.

I realize that technically, players who are coming in August do not have to announce either, but with EE's, there is almost no need.

Advertisement
at first I thought no chance... but im really getting a feeling he has decided on the U.

Advertisement
Don't know how many more EE we have left.

I would trade any LB for Bowman. Our LB class as a whole is very good. We are in trouble at defensive back. Bowman would be **** near as impactfull as duke

I understand what you're saying, but I don't want to give any of our LB's up. I would be willing to give him a shot at RRA spot from day 1.

Advertisement
Back