CFB Georgia to sign NIL bill. (But now there's a catch--see post #5)

Advertisement
They'll probably make it retroactive by about 50 years to cover for all of their prior cheating
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Advertisement
With all due respect ...
Nothing like a bad law out of the state of Georgia. Looks to help the kids, but only by 25%. Georgia and much of the SEC has always had a ........ (insert controversial statement) plantation mentality towards its student athletes. Just another example of throwing crumbs to the students while the school/owner/massa keeps the lion’s share.
And of course nothing better than a photo of 5 old, white guys standing around smiling while Kemp signs a law that gives them even more money. Utter and complete BS and completely normal for the state legislature of this backward, redneck state.

And no one can be offended because I started this comment “with all due respect”.

👆Who thought this was going to have a good outcome??? What staffer, on what committee, had this inserted and said "don't worry boss, this will be fine"?
z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

a terrible look. My guess is they don't actually enforce this. They can't be that tone deaf, can they?

👆Who thought this was going to have a good outcome??? What staffer, on what committee, had this inserted and said "don't worry boss, this will be fine"?View attachment 146522

a terrible look. My guess is they don't actually enforce this. They can't be that tone deaf, can they?
"My friend, you need to sign with the Bulldogs. Georgia Tech....you see the Yellow Jackets only give you 25% of your money. Out here in Athens, we'll give you 26%!"

Advertisement
With all due respect ...
Nothing like a bad law out of the state of Georgia. Looks to help the kids, but only by 25%. Georgia and much of the SEC has always had a ........ (insert controversial statement) plantation mentality towards its student athletes. Just another example of throwing crumbs to the students while the school/owner/massa keeps the lion’s share.
And of course nothing better than a photo of 5 old, white guys standing around smiling while Kemp signs a law that gives them even more money. Utter and complete BS and completely normal for the state legislature of this backward, redneck state.

And no one can be offended because I started this comment “with all due respect”.
Exactly. They have to make sure they get a cut when these high profile athletes start pulling in 6 figures.

Advertisement
With all due respect ...

Florida isn't far behind.

👆Who thought this was going to have a good outcome??? What staffer, on what committee, had this inserted and said "don't worry boss, this will be fine"?View attachment 146522

Hope to god Manny and Co. print this law out and show it to every recruit that is also considering UGA.

Doesn’t matter if UGA doesn’t enforce it the fact is they can take it and add the fact Georgia has state income tax while Florida does not.

This is the plantation sharecropper mentality and policies of college sports. Where has a college institution taken 1 knickel let alone 75% of any non athlete student's income? Could you imagine a university saying were going to take 75% of your internship income because we educated you in your field of study or we're taking 75% of your YouTube revenue for business and maketing majors. Just crazy!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back