Georgia Tech Game Watch Party at Titanic Restaurant and Brewery

Advertisement
I’m a season-ticket holder and have been my whole life.

If someone wants to go to the game, they will go to the game. If they don’t or can’t, Titanic is the best place to watch the game.
I’m also a season ticket holder and have been for over 20 years. You’d think with that kind of knowledge of our attendance, one wouldn’t try to promote any directly competing events during our home games (which are VERY affordable to go to). You’re a sell-out and I hope whatever Titanic is giving you is worth it.

I’m also a season ticket holder and have been for over 20 years. You’d think with that kind of knowledge of our attendance, one wouldn’t try to promote any directly competing events during our home games (which are VERY affordable to go to). You’re a sell-out and I hope whatever Titanic is giving you is worth it.

The 50 people who show up to Titanic weren't going to HRS. After these 20 years of holding season tickets for UM football, your prescription for better attendance is to reduce the number of viewing alternatives to attending games at HRS?

How likely is it that DMoney is selling out his Canes fandom for whatever small amount of money Titanic sends him for this partnership? Is it possible that posters other than yourself on this site are also Canes fans?

The 50 people who show up to Titanic weren't going to HRS. After these 20 years of holding season tickets for UM football, your prescription for better attendance is to reduce the number of viewing alternatives to attending games at HRS?

How likely is it that DMoney is selling out his Canes fandom for whatever small amount of money Titanic sends him for this partnership? Is it possible that posters other than yourself on this site are also Canes fans?

Imagine being a freshman (luke-warm about football) without a car living across the street from Titanic. If an alternative is to take a two minute walk to “the official watch party of the Canes home games” or go out of your way to attend the game (for free), I think many new kids on campus may choose the former. Yes that may only be a couple kids but those kids could’ve end up like some of us and been hooked for life. Those kids grow up and have a family and friends etc. If you want to change the atmosphere at Hard Rock and bring more people to the games, it makes zero sense to compete with home games for the same demographic in the same area across from campus.

Why not make Titanic the place to go AFTER the game? Bring your ticket in and get a free beer? Or make it the place to go for away games? The fact that this even needs to be discussed is absurd.

Last edited:
Imagine being a freshman (luke-warm about football) without a car living across the street from Titanic. If an alternative is to take a two minute walk to “the official watch party of the Canes home games” or go out of your way to attend the game (for free), I think many new kids on campus may choose the former. Yes that may only be a couple kids but those kids could’ve end up like some of us and been hooked for life. Those kids grow up and have a family and friends etc. If you want to change the atmosphere at Hard Rock and bring more people to the games, it makes zero sense to compete with home games for the same demographic in the same area across from campus.

Why not make Titanic the place to go AFTER the game? Bring your ticket in and get a free beer? Or make it the place to go for away games? The fact that this even needs to be discussed is absurd.

The absurdity lies in the response given the scale of the effect. A small handful of people going to a pub the size of a single family home will not impact attendance at HRS.

If there was some kind of video board projection at Watsco, that would be a different beast. But I don't see the point in thumping my chest over 20 people getting an ESB and a bucket of wings instead of going to the game.

Advertisement
The absurdity lies in the response given the scale of the effect. A small handful of people going to a pub the size of a single family home will not impact attendance at HRS.

If there was some kind of video board projection at Watsco, that would be a different beast. But I don't see the point in thumping my chest over 20 people getting an ESB and a bucket of wings instead of going to the game.
You seem very concerned about the concern.....

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Advertisement
This is the first 8 PM conference/big game with undefeated hype since 2017. There hasn't been many of these.

You can tell by the ticket prices, starting at $40+ (Tickpick) there'll easily be over 50k.

Last edited:

Looking forward to the thread after the Clempsun game where someone complains the sell-out crowd at JRS is to blame for the half-full house at Titanic

Advertisement

This is where we all so often get it wrong. Instead of abiding by the serenity prayer, we use our perception of scale of effect as a justification for inaction or counterproductive action.

Nobody needs to thump their chests, but also exponential growth starts with one single person.

By providing a forum to cultivate cane fanaticism, this board positively impacts Hurricane athletics. That is awesome and is true regardless of a titanic gameday event during a home game.

But it’s also fair for people to voice their opinion that promoting an in-person fan event in Miami during a home game in Miami is not helping our attendance problems.

Last edited:
This is where we all so often get it wrong. Instead of abiding by the serenity prayer, we use our perception of scale of effect as a justification for inaction or counterproductive action.

Nobody needs to thump their chests, but also exponential growth starts with one person single person.

By providing a forum to cultivate cane fanaticism, this board positively impacts Hurricane athletics. That is awesome and is true regardless of a titanic gameday event during a home game.

Namaste

🙏

But it’s also fair for people to voice their opinion that promoting an in-person fan event in Miami during a home game in Miami is not helping our attendance problems.

And urinating in the ocean isn't helping with sea level rise.

Advertisement

I wish “freshmen lukewarm about football” were listening to the CanesInSight podcast. We’d have a lot better numbers.

Namaste

🙏

And urinating in the ocean isn't helping with sea level rise.

Scale is a bit off my friend. It’s actually funny you say that because it kind of illustrates the point. You can pee in the ocean because the dilution ratio is so great it has virtually no effect. If everybody in the world started peeing in the ocean there would be a nutrient pollution problem but not a sea level rise effect.

But you shouldn’t pee in a mid-size lake (even where the volume ratio of lake to urine is way more than 70,000 to 1) because of nutrient pollution issues.

But back to Miami football, every additional fan in the stadium is important and good for the team and program.

Advertisement
Back