Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Advertisement
When he played his little heart out vs Temple the CIS victory laps were astonishing. I'm embarrassed I was apart of this tbh.
It’s always the same posters never found in threads that are even the least bit questionable and concerning…you know the drill.

If I was a real *******, I’d bump 10 of these easily. Everyone makes mistakes, but the ones that went on the attack…after temple of all games 😂😂

One day they’ll learn.

It’s always the same posters never found in threads that are even the least bit questionable and concerning…you know the drill.

If I was a real *******, I’d bump 10 of these easily. Everyone makes mistakes, but the ones that went on the attack…after temple of all games 😂😂

One day they’ll learn.
Being correct and being a mope continue to align.

Holy **** this thread is GOLD @cway313

God I just laughed for 30 min re-reading this thread…what a rollercoaster

I placed my trust too highly in Salave'a and then Gore played okay the first few games. He was exposed and everything went downhill soon enough.

Looking back, we were atrocious at DT. LT and JHH played mid-ACC level. The rest were bottom quartile or worse. Guidry was masterful hiding our slop.

Advertisement
Had a nice chat about this with the great @AtlAtty yesterday at the Atlanta Game Watch.

It's now beyond obvious that we have a few dozen toxic porsters who are going to spread negativity NO MATTER WHAT. They are just miserable people.

And it's very common for these toxic porsters to use the "there's good people on both sides" defense, to act as if the somewhat more positive posters are "just as bad, if not worse".

The reality is that I'd like to come to a sports board that is devoted to my alma mater in order to read about news on the games, on recruiting, on practices, on injury recovery...without the same couple dozen toxic porsters feeling OBLIGATED to say something negative in every thread. One of these porsters, on the thread involving OUR HIGHEST RATED BASKETBALL RECRUIT EVER, felt compelled to **** on Laranaga "taking a year off of recruiting" last year, and our "only 3 star" international recruit from the last recruiting class.

And before anyone tries to make this conversation binary, and act like the only two possible choices for posting are "slurping" and "moping", I'm going to reject that silly "fake news" pre-emptively. Speaking only for myself, I don't search out every anti-Miami post in every thread and then immediately rebut with "positive thoughts". I have been VERY critical of the negative things that UM has done over the past 25 years.

But we all know there are some very insecure porsters who (insanely) believe that their "manhood" is at stake if they indulge in any positivity or hopefulness or happiness.

**** it. We are 4-0. I'm not going to keep making excuses for our success.
Would love to know how that porster faired in his assessment.

I placed my trust too highly in Salave'a and then Gore played okay the first few games. Looking back, we were atrocious at DT. LT and JHH played mid-ACC level. The rest were bottom quartile or worse. Guidry was masterful hiding our slop.
There’s nothing wrong with being wrong. It happens to everyone, and we’re just fans on a message board. I’ll never drag someone for being wrong.

Now those that were aggressive to differing opinions on a very questionable take…and are THEN horribly wrong…that’s where I get a good chuckle out of it. Just no need to be hostile and boisterous about it, and if you are…crow will be served.

There is some Gold in this thread. LOL. GOLD. But one thing I agree with and was said many times..at the time we took Gore..we absolutely were desperate. There was no way around that. We were swinging and missing on DT transfer prospects left and right. The "I told ya so" posters wont want to remember that but its true. We were getting dragged in the portal when it came to DTs. It was embarassing. But after you go 5-7..we shouldnt have been shocked.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
There is some Gold in this thread. LOL. GOLD. But one thing I agree with and was said many times..at the time we took Gore..we absolutely were desperate. There was no way around that. We were swinging and missing on DT transfer prospects left and right. The "I told ya so" posters wont want to remember that but its true. We were getting dragged in the portal when it came to DTs. It was embarassing. But after you go 5-7..we shouldnt have been shocked.
That's fine but the confidence and ****iness did not support that. Gore was not presented as a last resort spot holder. He was mentioned as someone the staff really liked and people that said he would not play well at this level were insulted. When he showed signs of life during preseason games in September victory laps and mocking ensued. In retrospect we can all say "What did you expect."

That's fine but the confidence and ****iness did not support that. Gore was not presented as a last resort spot holder. He was mentioned as someone the staff really liked and people that said he would not play well at this level were insulted. When he showed signs of life during preseason games in September victory laps and mocking ensued. In retrospect we can all say "What did you expect."
LOL. Come on man. You thought after going 5-7 that the staff would admit that Gore was a Plan E pickup? We were whiffing like crazy. Gore was absolutely one step above us asking Lou Christobal if he wanted to consider switching to DT! LOL.

LOL. Come on man. You thought after going 5-7 that the staff would admit that Gore was a Plan E pickup? We were whiffing like crazy. Gore was absolutely one step above us asking Lou Christobal if he wanted to consider switching to DT! LOL.
Would have been quite the spectacle if you made that assesment 18 months ago.

Advertisement
Advertisement
PFF has taken more Ls than the Washington Generals

Nothing is funnier than when Krusty The Clown bet on the Generals & said I thought they were due!! Lol.

Total side note:

I FCKIN HATE REVISIONIST HISTORY. Just so we’re clear, yes the staff did a thorough evaluation of Gore, & yes they really liked him. This was an evaluation issue as well as a depth issue.

Advertisement
Back