Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Advertisement
To be fair, Marley Cook is very much the archetype of Gore. Undersized, penetrator type. (Jokes I’m sure)

Cook played alright against Alabama, but as a one-gap player who tried to get in backfield. Same way Gore played well against UNC (off memory).

If you’re looking for a nose, it’s the NC St. kid.

Miami is such a long way from the Georgia/Alabama realm on the DL and that’s the difference every year for me.
This recruiting class should be the foundation but now Canes need to add 2-3 each class

We've brought in 30 portal players in 2 years. The hit rate is far below 50%.
Not sure if we just don’t (or can’t) allocate the money the way we do with the high school guys or what

As we are seeing with Cam getting someone top flight in the portal is a bit out of our league at the moment

I know I heard a lot of stories about WRs we were after when Mario first got here and they all told us to **** our faces basically

As we are seeing with Cam getting someone top flight in the portal is a bit out of our league at the moment
This is why I cringe everytime I see one of the CIS insiders write about just portal in a starter. Miami is ******* terrible at the portal. Putting any stock in that working once yet alone twice is an insult.

Advertisement
This is why I cringe everytime I see one of the CIS insiders write about just portal in a starter. Miami is ******* terrible at the portal. Putting any stock in that working once yet alone twice is an insult.
I agree with you but what are we paying Zo for then? Dude was supposed to be some master talent evaluator with NFL experience. Would love to know what he does besides collect a fat check and is likely untouchable because of his background here

I agree with you but what are we paying Zo for then? Dude was supposed to be some master talent evaluator with NFL experience. Would love to know what he does besides collect a fat check and is likely untouchable because of his background here
You and me both. Seems like another name boosted up to reassure the fanbase things would be different. IE: Reed w/ Manny. Would love a football overseer that had an actual defined role with no previous allegiance to Mario or Miami.

Yeah I remember the comments over the summer when we were taking beatings on the trail

It’s a nice thought to say “portal” but why would an elite player go to Miami to finish their career? We just aren’t on that level yet. I think we can get OL because of Marios pedigree but nothing else moves the needle unless we just throw money around, which even then isn’t a good idea always

But you get it so I’m just rambling at this point

Advertisement
We would have won 3-4 more games with better DL play this season. There's a reason Mario's focused on it. Definitely the difference in the GT, NC State, UL and Rutgers.

Disagree.

Tech was a win. Chaney was down. Lost that game cause of Mario and turnovers by the QB. Defense did enough besides the last two plays to win the game.

NC State is 100% on TVD and the offense again. Defense did enough to win.

Louisville was on the defense that was without LT and a couple other key players coming off a battle against FSU. Tough spot to be in.

Rutgers beat up on some freshman and guys just not good enough so yes that game showed how far behind Miami is With stacking proper depth.

Yeah I remember the comments over the summer when we were taking beatings on the trail

It’s a nice thought to say “portal” but why would an elite player go to Miami to finish their career? We just aren’t on that level yet. I think we can get OL because of Marios pedigree but nothing else moves the needle unless we just throw money around, which even then isn’t a good idea always

But you get it so I’m just rambling at this point
You can sell hope to high school players. To get portal guys you need to either be great at putting their spot in the NFL previously or setup to compete for playoffs.

Miami hasn’t done either and you’re seeing that in their portal recruiting.

This is a legit slow build.

Everytime this thread bumps I start envisioning an IG post. I hate all of you.

Everytime this thread bumps I start envisioning an IG post. I hate all of you.
For this person an IG post is a positive. He's just taking up a roster spot. If miami needs to make space with 6 or 7 more guys hitting the portal, this guy should be 1

Advertisement
Disagree.

Rutgers beat up on some freshman and guys just not good enough so yes that game showed how far behind Miami is With stacking proper depth.
We didn’t play many freshmen. Three on defense including Bain, we should have played more. Defense never adjusted, I don’t know what Lance was thinking, he should’ve sold out against the run.
With all the naps Dawson took, offense still played well enough to win.
Rutgers had better coaching flat out. There X’s and O’s were better.

We didn’t play many freshmen. Three on defense including Bain, we should have played more. Defense never adjusted, I don’t know what Lance was thinking, he should’ve sold out against the run.
With all the naps Dawson took, offense still played well enough to win.
Rutgers had better coaching flat out. There X’s and O’s were better.

I said freshmen and guys who don’t belong on the roster.

Wayne couldn’t hold up on the edge and then you add in guys like Gore and Litchenstien you get your **** pushed in. JHH and Deen also got mauled.

Wes is not good against the run. Just a flat out mismatch. Then you add in Williams and Kam out. There was no run support coming from the safeties either. Pointless game with pointless results honestly but it shows this roster is still lacking true depth

Advertisement
Rambo and Stevenson >>>>> Harrell, Ladson, Porter, Richard, Brown
Amber Riley Tea GIF

Advertisement
Back