Georgia recruits

I’d rather get from GA than Texas due to proximity. We all know how this far away from home stuff pans out for kids so I’d rather pluck talent from only one state away. There’s enough there to do it. A team 70% FL and 30% elite OOS but 10-15% from GA and we are in there.

**** that was some Anchor Man math I just put up there. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houston is a 2 hour flight from Miami.... that's around the same flight time as Miami to Atlanta. Texas is just on the other side of the Gulf.

If you're driving, it's a lot farther. But who the **** would drive that far.

Flight to Atlanta from fort lauderdale hollywood international is 1 hour and 20 minutes at worst.
I have no idea why google lists those flight times as being near 2 hours, i've flown between the 2 airports many times and its never even gotten close to 2 hours.
Maybe the count how long you sit on the tarmac in the flight time. I dunno.

Advertisement
Love what we are starting to do in the state
Deejay Dallas
Zalontae hillery

Jarren Williams
Marquez Ezzard
Jamarcus Chapman
Realus George
Jalen Goss?

This is a talented state, 2nd behind Florida imo but we need to continue to recruit kids from here

Texas says hello.

Georgia has eclipsed Texas and it’s not close

Georgia has 42 four/five star recruits this year.

Texas has 52.

Just the facts.

how about the per capita facts?

Who gives a **** about per capita? If you want to go by per capita, I think Louisiana has the best numbers.

Georgia produces a lot of talent. But when you say "Georgia surpassed Texas and it ain't even close..." that's just ******* wrong. Didn't happen.

It's still Florida, Texas, and California.... then everyone else.

Deejay Dallas
Zalontae hillery

Jarren Williams
Marquez Ezzard
Jamarcus Chapman
Realus George
Jalen Goss?

This is a talented state, 2nd behind Florida imo but we need to continue to recruit kids from here

Texas says hello.

Mexicans are driving the blacks out of Texas .

Houston took a good majority of the folks who lost their houses when Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana a few years back. Most stayed. As you probably know, the hurricane hit black neighborhoods especially hard and so most of the people who migrated to Houston at that time were black.

Houston and Dallas are the 4th and 5th largest cities in America. Both are quite a bit bigger than Miami, for example. When I go back to Miami, it feels small. That's to say, Dallas and especially Houston are very diverse cities.

Advertisement
C9sxAneXoAEyAcH.jpg

Texas and Cali percentages are low cuz they're huge states, but Georgia is right there at the top with Florida.

Won't happen over night, but we gotta be able to snatch out the blue chippers from GA and LSU the way they dip down and snatch them out of S. FL.

I do like what we're building however.

I know I know, pound south florida but In a landscape where kids are more willing to leave home, we can pray on a talent rich state like Georgia. Just like plenty of Miami kids just want to leave home, some Georgia kids are down to move to an iconic city like Miami. It's the breadbasket of the SEC

C9sxAneXoAEyAcH.jpg

Texas and Cali percentages are low cuz they're huge states, but Georgia is right there at the top with Florida.

What I see on this map is that it makes no sense for Alabama to be where it is without bags - lots of bags. LOL. Anyway, look at DC at 7.2% and MD at 6.5% and the former basketball state of NC with a higher percentage than Alabama, Mississippi, and Arkansas. And explain again how we lost to Wisconsin. I kid, but I wouldn't have expected that New Hampshire and the Dakotas would have a higher percentage of their players recruited than Wisconsin.

Advertisement
C9sxAneXoAEyAcH.jpg

What I see on this map is that it makes no sense for Alabama to be where it is without bags - lots of bags. LOL. Anyway, look at DC at 7.2% and MD at 6.5% and the former basketball state of NC with a higher percentage than Alabama, Mississippi, and Arkansas. And explain again how we lost to Wisconsin. I kid, but I wouldn't have expected that New Hampshire and the Dakotas would have a higher percentage of their players recruited than Wisconsin.

Not too surprising considering there are 250 D1 schools. It's not just FBS level.

Meat is right. Katrina drove a lot of the bayou talent into the greater Houston metro area, and Texas has been better for recruiting because of it. Maybe per capita overall low, but heavily concentrated in a few areas. Bama has done well there in the past. Oklahoma always draws elite kids out of the lone star state, as well. But the OOS schools are going to have a MUCH tougher time now that Herman and Jimbo own that state.

With respect to Miami recruiting, I think it makes little sense for Miami to cast a wide net there. Richt's staff is doing the right thing by targeting a few top players who return the interest, and focusing on recruiting areas where they're already established like Georgia and the North half of Florida.

Last edited:
Deejay Dallas
Zalontae hillery

Jarren Williams
Marquez Ezzard
Jamarcus Chapman
Realus George
Jalen Goss?

Texas says hello.

Texas players are overrated and overhyped. Georgia is putting out more talent these days. Check all the SEc rosters.

I totally agree and always have for years. Texas over rated. Georgia has better football players

I love this. Georgia thinks they can come in our house and take our kids. Go into their house, take a dump on the floor, and walk away with ballas.

We are also dominating Jax. Richt has always killed it their as a Nole and Dawg. With Hartley up there we are getting whomever we want.

Advertisement
Deejay Dallas
Zalontae hillery

Jarren Williams
Marquez Ezzard
Jamarcus Chapman
Realus George
Jalen Goss?

Texas says hello.

Mexicans are driving the blacks out of Texas .

Really? What they driving, car, truck, van? Ignorance is indiscriminate

Deejay Dallas
Zalontae hillery

Jarren Williams
Marquez Ezzard
Jamarcus Chapman
Realus George
Jalen Goss?

Texas says hello.

Texas has 52.

Just the facts.

Then Louisiana rules.

Its always been known that for football talent its top 3 Cali, Texas & Florida.

GA is a clear #4

Texas says hello.

Texas has 52.

Just the facts.

For the last 10 years Georgia has supplied the sec conference with most players by far. Georgia had 27 players drafted in its state last year too

Alabama has more kids from Texas on its roster on scholarship than from Georgia.

Georgia had a good year in the draft last year with 27 picks... Texas had 24.

Texas had a ton of players go in the first round. In fact, it had four players selected in the top 10 picks (Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams and Patrick Mahomes).

But 2017 was an off year.

In 2016, for example, Texas had 32 players drafted, while Georgia had only 15.

Players in the League, by state (2016)
Which states produce the most NFL players? Florida, California, Texas, Georgia, Ohio | cleveland.com

Advertisement
Look at the 2019 class in Georgia.. They have 3 5star WR in the state..... Bias much?

Deejay Dallas
Zalontae hillery

Jarren Williams
Marquez Ezzard
Jamarcus Chapman
Realus George
Jalen Goss?

Texas says hello.

Texas has 52.

Just the facts.

Texas' per capita compared to Georgia is a completely different ball game when you factor in that 40% of the population is Hispanic playing futbol.

Deejay Dallas
Zalontae hillery

Jarren Williams
Marquez Ezzard
Jamarcus Chapman
Realus George
Jalen Goss?

Texas says hello.

Texas has 52.

Just the facts.

Texas also has 3 of the most populated cities in America and double the state population. If anything it proves his point that Georgia has passed Texas.

Florida, Georgia, Texas, Louisiana, and California are the Top 5 states in Order of Overall talent.

Advertisement
Back