Georgia Radio talks UM status and brand decline under AG

Advertisement
The only that matters to this admin, BOT and the Prez are those ACC checks, wins and losses are not relavent anymore.

THIS! I just wonder how long the ACC is going to put up with it.

For as long as Miami wants too. A decline in brand is different from not even being a brand. It's like all the headlines about McDonalds sales declining, they're still a monster.

winning creates brand awareness ,Donna has had a 10 year comedy of errors in judgement starting at AD position.
Can not say it enough we need a new AD, let him select new HC and BOT and new President have to accept the fact that
the Canes football program is what put UM on the map

Putting the lack of on field success aside...as far as fundraising goes, I don't remember Paul Dee pushing fundraising like Hocutt or James. ****, according to this article by their fundraising contractor, they just diversified how they received donations in 2012:

"The University of Miami Athletics approached Pursuant Sports about creating a catalytic fundraising strategy to help them meet their 2012 goal of 500 new donors and $650,000 in revenue over and above ticket-related giving.

The campaign was driven primarily by email directing recipients to a landing page featuring a video and supporting copy. A form embedded directly on the landing page pre-filled the recipient’s address information and provided a targeted ask amount. To reduce friction and facilitate the giving process for donors, Miami Athletics moved away from using their current ticketing system to accept donations and worked with Pursuant Sports to develop a payment form integrated with the University’s Advancement Computer Systems."

University of Miami Athletics | Pursuant

Last edited:
That's bull****, I live in metro Atlanta and a lot of people up here are UM fans. The 2nd most team apparel I see here inAtlanta behind uga is miami

Thats interesting considering FSU is much closer.
Lot a gator, Clumpson & GT fans in Atlanta as well.

You will see more um fans than uf or Clemson for sure. In the metro Atlanta area I see more Miami fans than any other school not located in ga.

Advertisement
That's bull****, I live in metro Atlanta and a lot of people up here are UM fans. The 2nd most team apparel I see here inAtlanta behind uga is miami

That is a crock. Miami team apparel is not 2nd to UGA. Auburn, Alabama every school in the SEC has more apparel representation. There is also a **** of a lot more FSU and Clemson apparel.

UGA's last title was before our first. It doesn't make what these twangers are saying false but it does make it irrelevant. Mark Richt is going to retire after about 30 yrs there with real success always being one season away.

One UM person has likened him in the past to Richie Incognito in terms of personality, though we emphasize that there is NO indication that Gadbois bullied teammates like Incognito did.

Stay classy Folden...throwin kids under the bus is not cool

Advertisement
They talk a lot of shizz about Richt and the Georgia football program on sports radio in Georgia too. Don't mean shizz. Y'all a bunch of whiney *** ******* ain't ya?

That is a crock. Miami team apparel is not 2nd to UGA. Auburn, Alabama every school in the SEC has more apparel representation. There is also a **** of a lot more FSU and Clemson apparel.

As I'm sure any visit to any sporting retailer would show. I'd love to see this mass of UM apparel on display and a simple trip with your camera phone to a sporting goods store could prove your point Brock.

This. While I did see a lot of Miami stuff when I lived there, it still wasn't as much as UGA, GT, Bama, Auburn, Clemson

Advertisement
I think the "brand decline" was happening long before Golden took over. It really started happening at the beginning of the Shalala era. She just absolutely killed this program.

Yep.
I wish our fans would stop focusing on Golden and his coaches (esp. his DC) and instead focus on the folks who really call the shots
at the school....school prez, boosters,etc....I wouldn't even concern myself much with Blake James, who is nothing but a muppett.

This. While I did see a lot of Miami stuff when I lived there, it still wasn't as much as UGA, GT, Bama, Auburn, Clemson

Depends on the area I guess but there are bunch of Miami fans up here. All I was saying is from personal experience and my own two eyes I see a lot them up here

One UM person has likened him in the past to Richie Incognito in terms of personality, though we emphasize that there is NO indication that Gadbois bullied teammates like Incognito did.

Stay classy Folden...throwin kids under the bus is not cool

So he's Richie Incognito without the bullying? In other words he's a guy who likes to talk some **** and joke around? Yeah. Can't have any of those guys in a locker room.

Advertisement
They talk a lot of shizz about Richt and the Georgia football program on sports radio in Georgia too. Don't mean shizz. Y'all a bunch of whiney *** ******* ain't ya?

Just sayin' that we don't need anyone from or near the worst sports town in America (Atlanta) whose closest real program (UGA) hasnt won anything since Jimmy Carter was president offering a critique of the Miami program. We can do that ourselves with more credibility.

Just sayin' that we don't need anyone from or near the worst sports town in America (Atlanta) whose closest real program (UGA) hasnt won anything since Jimmy Carter was president offering a critique of the Miami program. We can do that ourselves with more credibility.

Worst sports town in America? I've never heard Atlanta called that, so what do you base that claim on? Not that I care what people say on fan talk, but we've been labeled that far more than any other city I've ever heard mentioned.

Depends on the area I guess but there are bunch of Miami fans up here. All I was saying is from personal experience and my own two eyes I see a lot them up here

And you're definitely right about that.

Advertisement
Back