Georgia Radio talks UM status and brand decline under AG

Paranos

All-ACC
Here is a link to the Chuck Oliver Podcast on Southern Sports Today talking about the status of Miami football and the decline under Al Golden.

Select podcast from Friday 6-26, hour 1, segment 3
680 The Fan - Play Now

It is an interesting listen, but it is airing Miami's dirty laundry in the state of Georgia which is not the best PR move for recruiting in Talent rich state that is often the first stop for out of state recruiting.

Go Canes

Advertisement
We rarely get kids from Georgia as it is. The dirty laundry is the administration refusing to admit their fault with Golden and fire him. The entire country is laughing at Miami football while our fearless leader is in the process of making up new catch phrases and slogans.

UM is a national joke. UM is Johnny Unitas with the Chargers. Joe Namath with the Rams. Ali against The Easton Assassin Larry Holmes.

That's bull****, I live in metro Atlanta and a lot of people up here are UM fans. The 2nd most team apparel I see here inAtlanta behind uga is miami

Advertisement
I think the "brand decline" was happening long before Golden took over. It really started happening at the beginning of the Shalala era. She just absolutely killed this program.

winning creates brand awareness ,Donna has had a 10 year comedy of errors in judgement starting at AD position.
Can not say it enough we need a new AD, let him select new HC and BOT and new President have to accept the fact that
the Canes football program is what put UM on the map

I mean Blake James really? If I use to sell popcorn at the OB, let me be the man in the AD seat.

Advertisement
The only that matters to this admin, BOT and the Prez are those ACC checks, wins and losses are not relavent anymore.

Advertisement
That's bull****, I live in metro Atlanta and a lot of people up here are UM fans. The 2nd most team apparel I see here inAtlanta behind uga is miami

Thats interesting considering FSU is much closer.

It's the truth man.

ATL is loaded with UM fans no question about it. Still doesn't help us pull top talent from Georgia though.

I live in metro Atlanta and UM does a poor job recruiting here. UM has a ton of fan support here.

UM has not been relevant for 10 years....well before Golden...

Here is a link to the Chuck Oliver Podcast on Southern Sports Today talking about the status of Miami football and the decline under Al Golden.

680 The Fan - Play Now

It is an interesting listen, but it is airing Miami's dirty laundry in the state of Georgia which is not the best PR move for recruiting in Talent rich state that is often the first stop for out of state recruiting.

Go Canes

Advertisement
UM has not been relevant for 10 years....well before Golden...

680 The Fan - Play Now

Go Canes

If UM could manage to recruit those 35 year old dudes in Atlanta who started liking UM in 2000 we'd strike it rich. Unfortunately, the guys who count in that area--17 year old blue-chip recruits with offers from UGA, FSU, Bama, etc.--don't give a crud about UM.

Thats interesting considering FSU is much closer.

It's the truth man.

ATL is loaded with UM fans no question about it. Still doesn't help us pull top talent from Georgia though.

I live in metro Atlanta and UM does a poor job recruiting here. UM has a ton of fan support here.

Probably so, metro Atlanta is an extremely talented area and right behind south Florida IMO

This is the truth. The decline started when Larry Coker was named head coach, by the players. The administration should have hired a real coach when it was a great job.
I think the "brand decline" was happening long before Golden took over. It really started happening at the beginning of the Shalala era. She just absolutely killed this program.

Advertisement
Back