Georgia Radio talks UM status and brand decline under AG

They talk a lot of shizz about Richt and the Georgia football program on sports radio in Georgia too. Don't mean shizz. Y'all a bunch of whiney *** ******* ain't ya?

Just sayin' that we don't need anyone from or near the worst sports town in America (Atlanta) whose closest real program (UGA) hasnt won anything since Jimmy Carter was president offering a critique of the Miami program. We can do that ourselves with more credibility.

Worst sports town in America? I've never heard Atlanta called that, so what do you base that claim on? Not that I care what people say on fan talk, but we've been labeled that far more than any other city I've ever heard mentioned.

Miami gets that rep partly based on actually deserving it but also partly based on jealously- see how Heat fans were constantly being unfairly ridiculed in recent seasons. Atlanta fans just suck. They don't sellout playoff games and couldn't even keep their hockey team. Sure, there are a lot of transplants in Atlanta too but a lot of those people are from cities in the South ($EC Country) with no or limited pro sports so it's not like here where we're inundated with people (myself included) that still hold allegiances to their childhood pro teams. Even with that, the Dolphins and Heat still have better fanbases than their Atlanta counterparts and the Panthers at least still exist here. This was a decent article from a few years ago talking about what a junk sports town it it.

The city of Atlanta is the worst sports town in America

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the "brand decline" was happening long before Golden took over. It really started happening at the beginning of the Shalala era. She just absolutely killed this program.

yeah but Alfraud has torched it with gasoline and then topped it with a steamy pile of ****

I live in ATL and I can tell you that 1) there are a lot of fans here and 2) Miami gear IS NOT only behind UGA in availability. All these programs are far more prevalent than Miami:

UGA
GT
Clemson
Florida
Alabama
Auburn
FSU

Also, listening to Chuck Oliver in the past, I think he is a 'fan' of Miami. He just loves good college football. And he tends to be pretty fair with his opinion. He felt that the NCAA should have dropped the case against us when it came out about them messing with the investigation.

They talk a lot of shizz about Richt and the Georgia football program on sports radio in Georgia too. Don't mean shizz. Y'all a bunch of whiney *** ******* ain't ya?

Just sayin' that we don't need anyone from or near the worst sports town in America (Atlanta) whose closest real program (UGA) hasnt won anything since Jimmy Carter was president offering a critique of the Miami program. We can do that ourselves with more credibility.

Worst sports town in America? I've never heard Atlanta called that, so what do you base that claim on? Not that I care what people say on fan talk, but we've been labeled that far more than any other city I've ever heard mentioned.

Miami gets that rep partly based on actually deserving it but also partly based on jealously- see how Heat fans were constantly being unfairly ridiculed in recent seasons. Atlanta fans just suck. They don't sellout playoff games and couldn't even keep their hockey team. Sure, there are a lot of transplants in Atlanta too but a lot of those people are from cities in the South ($EC Country) with no or limited pro sports so it's not like here where we're inundated with people (myself included) that still hold allegiances to their childhood pro teams. Even with that, the Dolphins and Heat still have better fanbases than their Atlanta counterparts and the Panthers at least still exist here. This was a decent article from a few years ago talking about what a junk sports town it it.

Without even clicking that article I can tell you the primary reason is because of fair-weather fan support, and 'just good enough' teams to make it to the first round of the playoffs and go out or have a completely **** season. Our last championship was the Braves in 95.

Nowadays people only go to Braves games to tailgate and for girls to get photos in their sun dresses for social media.

Advertisement

Without even clicking that article I can tell you the primary reason is because of fair-weather fan support, and 'just good enough' teams to make it to the first round of the playoffs and go out or have a completely **** season. Our last championship was the Braves in 95.

Nowadays people only go to Braves games to tailgate and for girls to get photos in their sun dresses for social media.
Sounds like reason a lot of posters here still attend Miami games.

Advertisement
Back