Georgia Puppy Dog tears

Advertisement
I don't know. I live in Athens right now and I haven't seen any signs of the lemmings stopping. They are all in. They really do think they have a top 5 dynasty program. They think Kirby is Jesus and they all tell me how glad they are that we are now "stuck with Richt."

The delusion is strong here. I really look forward to seeing some tears.
Where I live (Savannah) is big time Dawg country, too, and I'm getting the same vibe from these folks, including the line about being glad we're "stuck" with Richt now.

One thing I am hearing that I find interesting, though, is that Kirby dropping bags for these top recruits is common knowledge and talked about openly. Nobody believes for a second that Kirby is a better recruiter than Richt. They know he brought the bag game from Bama, and they're okay with it if it means winning now.

So mark my words, when the wins stop piling up...let them somehow miss the playoffs, lose to LSU or Auburn again--or even worse, UF or Kentucky--the fans are going to turn on him real quick. They all know he's paying players rather than coaching and recruiting, but they believe they are buying a championship. They're not paying to come close. They were doing that with Richt without the risk of long term damage to the program.

Advertisement
I think they will be just fine with the boo$ter$ now so activated.

Let's not forget, Kirby is the same guy that most around here said would fail in his first year. Then it was, he only did well his first year because of all the upperclassman and running backs....he will suck in 2018.

Granted, they still have KY and UFag to play, but unfortunately, the smart $$$ is on them in the $EC title game again.

The willingness to cheat and deep pockets can in fact cure a lot of issues, if your not caught or if nobody cares to look ala Saban.

UM

Are you aware his 1st year wasn't 2017

Advertisement
Where I live (Savannah) is big time Dawg country, too, and I'm getting the same vibe from these folks, including the line about being glad we're "stuck" with Richt now.

One thing I am hearing that I find interesting, though, is that Kirby dropping bags for these top recruits is common knowledge and talked about openly. Nobody believes for a second that Kirby is a better recruiter than Richt. They know he brought the bag game from Bama, and they're okay with it if it means winning now.

So mark my words, when the wins stop piling up...let them somehow miss the playoffs, lose to LSU or Auburn again--or even worse, UF or Kentucky--the fans are going to turn on him real quick. They all know he's paying players rather than coaching and recruiting, but they believe they are buying a championship. They're not paying to come close. They were doing that with Richt without the risk of long term damage to the program.
This must be the difference between being near HQ and being in other areas of the state. I have not met a UGA fan who has mentioned or admitted to the bag game. I guess it's much more hush hush near ground zero.

there's a poster or two on one of the Uga 247 threads puffing their chests out saying CMR won't be able to hang on to TS soon... Read between the lines on that...

Advertisement
Lol, they should be arrogant right now...they've been landing 5 stars left and right. Maybe they blew through their budget for 2019.

Advertisement
Richt got Michel out of SO FL and he almost helped them to a title. Im not of the mind that you can't win at Miami because you cant win the big one at UGA. Miami us a total different animal. Only USC maybe can assemble so much speed and talent on one roster imo. Not even Bama, none of their teams under Saban have been considered all time great. Smart will never live up to what he did last season. Sorry i see him flaming out like Chizik and Jimbo after they won the titles

Advertisement
Back