George McDonald leaves to be Arkansas WR coach

Probably too costly but maybe Tim Brewster who's coaching WR at Miss. State. I believe he and Fisch were together in Denver and Minnesota.

Advertisement
****. He is a very good position coach. Good recruiter, too.

Arky got themselves a good one. Now, he doesn't have to buy an apartment, he can buy a house.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Western Kentucky: Sources tell me that Bobby Petrino has offered a job to Hampton University wide receivers coach Lamar Thomas. Coachingsearch.com

Coley plays for a former Cane, and our RB Coach went to school there. Tough loss, but only WR in recruiting this year anyway. Good time for it to happen IMO. McDonald was good, but lets not act like we didnt have tons of drops this year

Advertisement
Nothing against Lamar, but I would be hesitant to have him go from coaching at Hampton to Miami.

But hey if Golden would feel comfortable with it.

Jesus Chr@st, we lost a position coach. Not exactly the end of the world. Randy ain't running the ship here anymore. Plenty of talent will want to work with Al. We'll be fine.

Advertisement
I was trying to think of any local coaches who would be known for good teaching, but honestly I don't know any. I say use Jedd's or Carroll's NFL connects and get a young guy. Brewster is interesting but word on him is those Minnesota teams were all kinds of effed up.

Advertisement
Back