George McDonald leaves to be Arkansas WR coach

Advertisement
What about Chris Carter who coached at STA? Golden should go after him or Keyshawn...

Anyway this **** is funny what the razorback fans are saying... lol..

Last year, McDonald was the lead recruiter for:

5-star RB Duke Johnson
5-star CB Tracy Howard
4-star WR Malcolm Lewis
4-star WR Robert Lockhart
4-star WR D'Mauri Jones
3-star WR Herb Waters
3-star WR Jontavious Carter
4-star OT Ereck Flowers
3-star CB Larry Hope

Just last year. Wow

****. He is a very good position coach. Good recruiter, too.

Arky got themselves a good one. Now, he doesn't have to buy an apartment, he can buy a house.

He is going to keep the apt for his recruiting trips down here..
:(

Advertisement
Just in case you guys forgot about Trooper Taylor:

If things at Auburn aren't bad enough for Gene Chizik and his staff, you can add an NCAA investigation of the two ace recruiters to the list according to Yahoo! Sports:
According to multiple sources, NCAA investigators have spent weeks looking into potential improprieties involving Auburn recruits, players, coaches, representatives of the school's athletic interests and third parties. Assistant coaches Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper have been scrutinized by the NCAA, sources said. Taylor is the assistant head coach and wide receivers coach, while Luper coaches running backs and is the recruiting coordinator.
Both Taylor and Luper were taken off the road recruiting several weeks ago amid the NCAA probe, sources said. Taylor was a finalist this season for national Assistant Coach of the Year honors from the American Football Coaches Association.
The matter at hand is the recruitment of Jovon Robinson, a true freshman (not enrolled this fall, though) who is ineligible right now because his high school transcript was forged. It's one of several cases involving shady recruiting in Memphis, which are also being investigated according to Yahoo! Sports.
This investigation has nothing to do with Cam Newton. Notably, Gene Chizik's contract has a clause that suspends payment to him if he or his staff is involved in an NCAA investigation.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2012/...k-trooper-taylor-curtis-looper-jovon-robinson

Probably not a good idea to hire a guy under investigation while we are still under investigation...

What about Chris Carter who coached at STA? Golden should go after him or Keyshawn...

Anyway this **** is funny what the razorback fans are saying... lol..

Last year, McDonald was the lead recruiter for:

5-star RB Duke Johnson
5-star CB Tracy Howard
4-star WR Malcolm Lewis
4-star WR Robert Lockhart
4-star WR D'Mauri Jones
3-star WR Herb Waters
3-star WR Jontavious Carter
4-star OT Ereck Flowers
3-star CB Larry Hope

Just last year. Wow

Arky gone full ******

Advertisement
I want an OC-in-waiting type who can take the reins after Fisch bolts. I really thought McDonald was perfect.

I always assumed that this was plan. I know McDonald was well respected in the NFL. I figured he decided to go to the college ranks in hopes of getting some OC experience. The thing that shocks me is the this move is a lateral move. He wasn't promoted (may get a pay increase tho). Plus, he'll have better athlete the work with in the wide-open offense at UM. Besides the potential raise, this is a strange move.

Jesus Chr@st, we lost a position coach. Not exactly the end of the world. Randy ain't running the ship here anymore. Plenty of talent will want to work with Al. We'll be fine.
smh..McDonald was the goods...I don't know of too many coaches that could turn around our wr like he did

Advertisement
seriously, do any of you think Chris Carter would leave espn to coach the canes? He did a nice job with green and dorsette at STA...

Advertisement
****. He is a very good position coach. Good recruiter, too.

Arky got themselves a good one. Now, he doesn't have to buy an apartment, he can buy a house.

He is going to keep the apt for his recruiting trips down here..
:(

Arky doesn't recruit SoFla all that much. I wouldn't worry about them being legitimately in the mix for a while lot of players...perhaps a steal here and there from a mid-level player?

Advertisement
Back