George McDonald leaves to be Arkansas WR coach

Advertisement
to whoever said Arkansas gets south fl kids...Just looked at their roster on Scout. they have 1 player from the state of Florida. A JR Wr from Jacksonville. Wouldnt say they get alot of sofla kids..

No one said Arky. I said Wisky has about 12 players from FL. I am just saying that Bielema can recruit Florida and McDonald only helps his cause. I dont think he sweeps SFLA but he might pull 1 or 2 we want.

to whoever said Arkansas gets south fl kids...Just looked at their roster on Scout. they have 1 player from the state of Florida. A JR Wr from Jacksonville. Wouldnt say they get alot of sofla kids..

No one said Arky. I said Wisky has about 12 players from FL. I am just saying that Bielema can recruit Florida and McDonald only helps his cause. I dont think he sweeps SFLA but he might pull 1 or 2 we want.

ohhhh ok. Yeah wisconsin does have a few..I don't think we need to worry about Bielema. I don't think we have to worry about anyone. We out recruit Saban, Miles, Spurrier, Meyer...stoops...jimbo...******* everyone down here. All these kids know whats up. The hometown team is back on the up and up. We won't lose anyone we actually want to arkansas.

Advertisement
Can't hold Brewster's failed HC reign at Minnesota over him when discussing him for an assistant position. Guy is a tremendous recruiter/

Advertisement
I can't get too wound up over a WR corch. Just replace him. Opens up a spot on the staff for a major hire and monster recruiter. I'd go hire Zook and shuffle the staff around if you don't think Zook can handle a dopey assignment like corching WRs.

lol idk bout the zook part but im with you

Zook is one of the best recruiters in the game. If you think McDonald can recruit, Zook makes him look like a piker.

Scott Loeffler, Damon Cogdell, Tim Harris JR, Lamar Thomas, Tyrell Conyers

Just throwing some names out there for conversation..

People forget that McDonald was the passing game coordinator as well. So we cant just bring in some nobody that needs to get his feet wet.

Would like to see some DII OC or a veteran WR coach come in.

Advertisement
Al Golden will find a suitable replacement. This isn't the only guy to have ever developed a good WR. If Randy was the HC then this would be troubling but if that were the case McDonald would have never been here in the first place.

I'm sure the hire will be a MONSTER recruiter or a really young guy who Al knows will turn into a MONSTER recruiter. Kind of like FSU did with some of their position corches when Jambutt got hired. Certain positions on the staff need to be big-time recruiters, and WR corch is one just like RB corch. You need the real technicians at OL and DL corch.

Advertisement
People forget that McDonald was the passing game coordinator as well. So we cant just bring in some nobody that needs to get his feet wet.

Would like to see some DII OC or a veteran WR coach come in.

Come on bruh. He was given that title as a thank you and a promotion to get a raise. He may have had more responsibilities, but this is Fisch's O. We don't need to go out and find someone to replace the passing coordinator part. Just coach WRs and be a monster recruiter.

I'm sure the hire will be a MONSTER recruiter or a really young guy who Al knows will turn into a MONSTER recruiter. Kind of like FSU did with some of their position corches when Jambutt got hired. Certain positions on the staff need to be big-time recruiters, and WR corch is one just like RB corch. You need the real technicians at OL and DL corch.

This guy gets it. Look for a young coach who will recruit some studs for us. Between Golden, Fisch and Carrol, we have enough connections to get a guy who can come in and bring ballers in from day 1.

Why the **** would anybody leave Miami for Arkansas?

Whatever. We talking 'bout position coaches. POSITION COACHES!!! There are like 50 of them just as good just waiting for Golden to hire them. The only guys not looking so good on Golden's staff are the ones he carried over from Temple. ALL of his other assistant hires have been fantastic, so I'm not worried.

Advertisement
Back