George McDonald leaves to be Arkansas WR coach

I would never take Michael Irvin because I think his ego is too big. Good for a halftime speech but he would distract from the process and I doubt he would put in the work we need.

I think you either need a top level talent developer who is likely to be here long term or a prime time recruiter. My gut tells me it is hard to find both in one person, and if they have that skill set they are likely destined to be an OC and then HC. It's like any business. You want to find people who are really good at their job in at least one respect, but not necessarily upper management so they don't get hired away (tough to do when we don't pay competitive salaries).

Michael Barrow is great at his job for a player (and I think might be a good DC but not head coach). I would take Dorsey for anything in a heartbeat. I actually think Ray Lewis would be an awesome position coach because the man doesn't know how to stop working but wouldn't undermine Golden. Not sure I would take Lamar Thomas, but trying to think who would be a good former player that would make a good coach.

Kevin Beard

Advertisement
What about Chris Carter who coached at STA? Golden should go after him or Keyshawn...

Anyway this **** is funny what the razorback fans are saying... lol..

Last year, McDonald was the lead recruiter for:

5-star RB Duke Johnson
5-star CB Tracy Howard
4-star WR Malcolm Lewis
4-star WR Robert Lockhart
4-star WR D'Mauri Jones
3-star WR Herb Waters
3-star WR Jontavious Carter
4-star OT Ereck Flowers
3-star CB Larry Hope

Just last year. Wow

Arky gone full ******

LOL where did he get that list from?

I would never take Michael Irvin because I think his ego is too big. Good for a halftime speech but he would distract from the process and I doubt he would put in the work we need.

I think you either need a top level talent developer who is likely to be here long term or a prime time recruiter. My gut tells me it is hard to find both in one person, and if they have that skill set they are likely destined to be an OC and then HC. It's like any business. You want to find people who are really good at their job in at least one respect, but not necessarily upper management so they don't get hired away (tough to do when we don't pay competitive salaries).

Michael Barrow is great at his job for a player (and I think might be a good DC but not head coach). I would take Dorsey for anything in a heartbeat. I actually think Ray Lewis would be an awesome position coach because the man doesn't know how to stop working but wouldn't undermine Golden. Not sure I would take Lamar Thomas, but trying to think who would be a good former player that would make a good coach.

Kevin Beard

Sorry, but im taking Thomas all day

South Florida Connections
Celebrated Alum
Some coaching experience
Former great WR
Recognizable name

GET HIM

****. He is a very good position coach. Good recruiter, too.

Arky got themselves a good one. Now, he doesn't have to buy an apartment, he can buy a house.

He is going to keep the apt for his recruiting trips down here..
:(

Arky doesn't recruit SoFla all that much. I wouldn't worry about them being legitimately in the mix for a while lot of players...perhaps a steal here and there from a mid-level player?

Bielama was always down here when he was @wisky. And I am sure with McDonald he feels he has a guy who should know his way around and be able to compete for a guy or 2 every year. Remains to be seen how it works but McDonald might be at south plantation first chance he gets, lol..

Kevin Beard
no love for omar rolle?

Advertisement

Arky got themselves a good one. Now, he doesn't have to buy an apartment, he can buy a house.

Arky doesn't recruit SoFla all that much. I wouldn't worry about them being legitimately in the mix for a while lot of players...perhaps a steal here and there from a mid-level player?

Bielama was always down here when he was @wisky. And I am sure with McDonald he feels he has a guy who should know his way around and be able to compete for a guy or 2 every year. Remains to be seen how it works but McDonald might be at south plantation first chance he gets, lol..

This. Wisky has about 12 players on their roster from Florida (mainly south FL). It wont be hard to convince them to come to Arkansas.

Stop saying Chris Carter. He gets paid more to be on ESPN than what he'd make as a position coach here.

This. Wisky has about 12 players on their roster from Florida (mainly south FL). It wont be hard to convince them to come to Arkansas.

If it wasn't a good/smart hire by Ark, we wouldn't be so upset. Three years ago they could have taken Hill and no one would have blinked.

Advertisement
I can't get too wound up over a WR corch. Just replace him. Opens up a spot on the staff for a major hire and monster recruiter. I'd go hire Zook and shuffle the staff around if you don't think Zook can handle a dopey assignment like corching WRs.

I can't get too wound up over a WR corch. Just replace him. Opens up a spot on the staff for a major hire and monster recruiter. I'd go hire Zook and shuffle the staff around if you don't think Zook can handle a dopey assignment like corching WRs.

lol idk bout the zook part but im with you

Advertisement

Bielema got third tier type talents at best though. They never really got a SoFla player we wanted or were even close to offering.

Collins would be an interesting swing...but we'll see.

to whoever said Arkansas gets south fl kids...Just looked at their roster on Scout. they have 1 player from the state of Florida. A JR Wr from Jacksonville. Wouldnt say they get alot of sofla kids..

Why are people saying Cris Carter, Keyshawn, or Michael Irvin...those guys get paid way more to work a cushy TV job than they would be to coach here...A LOT more.

Advertisement
to whoever said Arkansas gets south fl kids...Just looked at their roster on Scout. they have 1 player from the state of Florida. A JR Wr from Jacksonville. Wouldnt say they get alot of sofla kids..

Isn't James White from Aquinas?

yeah i remember a james white from STA. you can go look i didnt see anyone but a Jr WR on their roster.

Advertisement
Back