Tears Geo says JD has been hired

Advertisement
Heard from a someone close to the program for a long that a big issue with the other candidates was the lack of commitment from UM to “trust fund” scholarships (his words not mine) and not paying market value for a coach. Once both of those things happened the other candidates pulled their names from consideration. Just curious if you heard something similar.
So to cover their *** they brought quality guys in and underbid the field just so they could say they did due diligence before landing on the under qualified target who they always wanted to give the job to. Great

Heard from a someone close to the program for a long that a big issue with the other candidates was the lack of commitment from UM to “trust fund” scholarships (his words not mine) and not paying market value for a coach. Once both of those things happened the other candidates pulled their names from consideration. Just curious if you heard something similar.
Pollard believes Duke is more committed to baseball than Miami, so this sounds right.

Advertisement

We obviously have a huge disadvantage recruiting wise due to our costs to attend and the scholarship limit.

Gotta wonder if part of JD’s leverage was the financial backing to level the playing field with NIL/recruiting

Did you hear this from someone? I am trying to compare everything I've seen/heard regarding our search and hire, as I have been left baffled.
“Dollar amount did not blow him away.” And “Uncertainty.”

That’s why I made the comment that I didn’t believe Rad would be here that long. That’s what I took from the “uncertainty” comment I was told. And of course that was reiterated by multiple people here and was apparently common knowledge.

Add that to the D1 Baseball article I posted about Pollard staying at Duke and how they’re committed to him and building the program and that’s the conclusion I came to.

Advertisement
Something tells me he won’t be here in 5 years. This is his ride off into the sunset job. Once the buildings are built he retires.
A hire like this tells me he is already retired. Miami doesn’t get anyone on the way up anymore. The number of lazy hires at this University just numbs the pain of the ******* losing that always follows.

A hire like this tells me he is already retired. Miami doesn’t get anyone on the way up anymore. The number of lazy hires at this University just numbs the pain of the ******* losing that always follows.

Stupidity permeates the water at Hecht.
They never learn. Every 1diot AD keeps repeating the same mistake, hire after hire.
I have given up on these blithering f001s..

I’m not trying to be an insider or anything like that, but I have a good buddy who’s the hitting / middle infielders coach for a too high school program in Hollywood. The original “ target” turned it down.

Advertisement
I’m not trying to be an insider or anything like that, but I have a good buddy who’s the hitting / middle infielders coach for a too high school program in Hollywood. The original “ target” turned it down.
Might as well spill the name…

Rad gave a contract extension to Gino, we will be paying for that, now promotes Arteaga, The U will be paying for that and then in 2/3 years when we have to spend a lot of money for a coach we will pay for that! This promotion was not good! His pitchers and coaching have been suspect. This will not go well!

siap

John H. Ruiz, CEO LifeWallet and Attorney at Law

@JohnHRuiz

Let it play out- very good coaching staff coming as well. Substantial MLB experience coming to the U!!!
Quote Tweet

hou1VwyI_mini.jpg

Mike Ryan (Ruiz)

@MichaelRyanRuiz
·
21h
Been thoroughly unimpressed with Dan Radakovich so far. This was the first major coaching search he’s headed up in Miami. He couldn’t convince his top choice to leave Duke. Decided to promote someone on staff… meanwhile the reigning coach of the year wanted to be here & keep JD twitter.com/michaelryanrui…

Advertisement
Rad gave a contract extension to Gino, we will be paying for that, now promotes Arteaga, The U will be paying for that and then in 2/3 years when we have to spend a lot of money for a coach we will pay for that! This promotion was not good! His pitchers and coaching have been suspect. This will not go well!
Gino donated his salary to the school. I don’t think he’s taking any money.

What makes me the most angry about this whole situation is that a couple weeks ago I was bragging to my best friend (an Oregon State baseball fan) that UM was taking sports seriously again and we were going to make a big time hire. Now I have to admit that nothing has changed at UM. Cronyism is still the UM way.
Yep...I watched the Super Regionals and CWS with vigor believing that we were about to turn the tide and hire someone exciting.

Imagine how much worse this would feel if Florida had won the CWS last night.

I believe the family income is $150k for tuition grant and then under $65k you get tuition grant, housing, food, etc.
miami would never do this tho UM used to be generous in their grants based on financial status. idk how they are now though

Advertisement
Back