Tears Geo says JD has been hired

I believe the offers were WAY short of what the good coaches are making. As in, half of some of the top SEC coaches.

Kevin O'Sullivan makes $1.2M a year (and is probably due a big raise soon). 4 other SEC coaches make over $1.5M a year.

I would bet you JD is getting half that. You're not pulling someone like Pollard from Duke for $700k.
No, you aren't. But you could pull dozens of real HC-experienced, proven winning HC's from lesser programs.

I'm going to need to log off just to cool off. This is the exact scenario of Richt retiring and then hiring Manny all over again. Exact Manny actually had good defenses.

Advertisement
No, you aren't. But you could pull dozens of real HC-experienced, proven winning HC's from lesser programs.

I'm going to need to log off just to cool off. This is the exact scenario of Richt retiring and then hiring Manny all over again. Exact Manny actually had good defenses.

Yeah, it's really embarrassing. Who is the Coach of the Year that wanted to come that Mike Ryan is referencing?

I believe the offers were WAY short of what the good coaches are making. As in, half of some of the top SEC coaches.

Kevin O'Sullivan makes $1.2M a year (and is probably due a big raise soon). 4 other SEC coaches make over $1.5M a year.

I would bet you JD is getting half that. You're not pulling someone like Pollard from Duke for $700k.
Scott Brown makes close to 2mil.

If we can’t even match what other programs are paying for top notch assistants, we’re done.

Advertisement
I forgot what Omaha feels like.

Haven't watched in years in looks like that will continue.

Scott Brown makes close to 2mil.

If we can’t even match what other programs are paying for top notch assistants, we’re done.

Well there is a 0.0% chance JD is getting a million, and I'd bet you it's not even close to that.

So if that was the full budget regardless of who was hired, then what's it matter? You're either getting JD or someone totally unproven. I wouldn't argue with a soul who said they'd rather have some Go5 coach who has at least been a head man...I'd agree with you. Just saying, from a much higher level view, it's just like football. If you're not willing to spend with the big boys, then you shouldn't exepct to run with the big boys. We're a second rate program in baseball now, simple as that.

Advertisement

Manny was a MUCH BETTER and deserving of the job than JD, and that’s saying something. Hiring JD is lazy and bowing down to the booster network. I’m officially against Radakovich now, that was the ONE PERSON YOU COULDNT ******* HIRE

I feel like if we wanted to match or pay more we could with ease. Maybe not 2 million.

This was a choice and its going to likely backfire horrifically when we look the same next year with all the players JD helped recruit.

That is assuming none transfer and we arent scraping the portal for whats left that could help us (and god forbid we have to develop the kid).

Advertisement
Well there is a 0.0% chance JD is getting a million, and I'd bet you it's not even close to that.

So if that was the full budget regardless of who was hired, then what's it matter? You're either getting JD or someone totally unproven. I wouldn't argue with a soul who said they'd rather have some Go5 coach who has at least been a head man...I'd agree with you. Just saying, from a much higher level view, it's just like football. If you're not willing to spend with the big boys, then you shouldn't exepct to run with the big boys. We're a second rate program in baseball now, simple as that.
You know what’s insane? I agree we’re second-rate, but what other program is second-rate that is constantly in the top 15 nationally?

We’re like inches from giving a f^ck away from being back to a perennial top 8 program, and yet we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot. What the f^ck are we doing here?!?

Advertisement
Porsting again.

We get JD and UF is going to win the CWS tonight.

What a day to be alive.

This Is Fine GIF

Now with dumpster fire

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

And finally this is every other program….

ha ha simpsons GIF

Not happy… now I need to see the staff to know if I’m gonna be even more unhappy.

Get a decent pitching coach and hitting coach and it will ease me a little

Advertisement
Back