Tears Geo says JD has been hired

Advertisement
I'm broken-hearted that my beloved program continues to devolve into a good ole boys network, where administration seeks to placate the BoT by hiring their friends into roles they have no business getting.

I thought Arteaga should have been fired, regardless of DiMare stays or not, and they somehow chose to promote him to HC when you had actual interest from real head coaches.

Can you imagine any other program that has won five national championships and is considered one of the true blue bloods of the country to first hire a non-HC experienced hitting coach, then replace his failed regime with a non-HC experienced pitching coach?

This is the kind of program that should be poaching other outstanding, proven HC's from lesser programs, not promoting from within constantly.

As the first hire of Radakovich, this is about as uninspiring as you could possibly get and taints all the optimism I had for this guy.

If you gave me 100 choices of who to hire for this job, I still wouldn't get to Arteaga after the performance he has put out on the field recently.

FSU fired their genetic mistake after two years and hired Link Jarrett.

Miami splices the DNA of two failed regimes when they had legit interest from high caliber coaches.

Following this school is asking to be mocked and scorned by the people running it. They are blind, dead, and dumb, and I hate that even the slightest amount of my emotions is under their warted thumb.

Miami isn't offering the type of money to attract high caliber coaches. Your post otherwise is 100% correct, and if we're not willing to pay top dollar, then what are we doing here? But Rad can't force people to take jobs where they'll be underpaid. He tried. At the end of the day, this is his athletic department and he failed the supporters of it miserably with this hire. But when you're offering half the money that the big coaches are getting, this is where you end up. I thought we were going all in on athletics now? What happened? We spend $8M a year on a head coach for football and wind up with Meat Martin 3.0 (Gino was 2.0) for baseball now?

Meanwhile around the state….

1687794692939.gif

Advertisement
whoever is pushing money and “support” into the baseball team made this hire happen… flat out JD must be absolute best buddy’s with Arod or whoever

Unbelievably pathetic hire that now proves we don’t care about our baseball program… RIP Fraser he must be turning in his grave

This isn’t even an improvement from Gino which is unimaginable. Whole program is cursed. We should move to the A10.

Miami isn't offering the type of money to attract high caliber coaches. Your post otherwise is 100% correct, and if we're not willing to pay top dollar, then what are we doing here? But Rad can't force people to take jobs where they'll be underpaid. He tried. At the end of the day, this is his athletic department and he failed the supporters of it miserably with this hire. But when you're offering half the money that the big coaches are getting, this is where you end up. I thought we were going all in on athletics now? What happened? We spend $8M a year on a head coach for football and wind up with Meat Martin 3.0 (Gino was 2.0) for baseball now?
I don’t know the money side of things on this one, but somehow this makes it better and a lot worse at the same time.

Nah we clearly only prioritized the money for one coach. The one that had the Columbus mafia behind him. Not saying Mario wasn’t the right hire but it wasn’t rads hire so he gets no credit there.

Advertisement
What is the context behind the first half of it before Pollard, with the fundraiser, lieutenants, building over NIL?
I guess he's just saying, we should have seen this coming. At the company I retired from, he'd be called the VP of Property Management.

We’ll take a young up and comer from the lower level… or how about a nice assistant whose put out quality talent that would love a shot at being a power 5 HC

No let’s take a lazy recruiting, way behind pitching coach from a failed regime that couldn’t get past our own regionals.

Advertisement
this hiring does not seem to correlate with the reasons that DiMare resigned.

Didn´t DiMare resign because he was instructed to fire JD and others and he refused to do so? So Miami is now going to hire the very person that the administration wanted fired? Either DiMare was not given said instruction or something else intervened to make this hire happen. There seems to be something brewing below the surface.

Advertisement
Always had football first but I was pretty invested in the baseball team as more of a casual fan and contributor. Done, thats now over. Im stepping away until they can field a quality product and convince me its worth coming back to.

I don’t know the money side of things on this one, but somehow this makes it better and a lot worse at the same time.

I believe the offers were WAY short of what the good coaches are making. As in, half of some of the top SEC coaches.

Kevin O'Sullivan makes $1.2M a year (and is probably due a big raise soon). 4 other SEC coaches make over $1.5M a year.

I would bet you JD is getting half that. You're not pulling someone like Pollard from Duke for $700k.

Advertisement
Back