Gentleman, we have a real football program. (Clinic recap)

Guys, it would not surprise me if we were actually kinda good this year. I know new staffs and new systems come with growing pains sometimes, but from what I've seen so far, they have made massive strides in a short period of time.

Whether we're actually good or not this season, we'll have to see. There's still roster deficiencies.

I do know where we're headed though. And that's elite level. It's just a matter of time.
And if Mario is able to do that, I don't see us falling off for a long time. He ain't going anywhere IMO. It was told to me that he has aspirations of surpassing Saban. He wants to be on THAT level. Someone who is competing for titles on a regular basis and is top-5 in the country yearly. We all know that's lofty expectations, but that's where his head is at.

I also see us as a destination where coaches come, get better, win, and move on to HC or coordinator positions...much like we used to be...and how Bama is now. Gattis, Ponce, Addae are the first 3 guys that come to mind. I can see all 3 of them eventually getting promotions, either at Miami or somewhere else. Addae has future DC vibes, Gattis future HC and Ponce probably taking over as OC here. Mario certainly didn't hire any inexperienced slapd!cks like Manny did.

Lots of buzz around the program right now. Plenty of high school coaches were thoroughly impressed.
Man I’ve been waiting for this for almost 20 years. Blessings found their way back to CG. Going to be a fun ride the next 5-10 years. My son and I are headed down next week from KY. Time to replenish my ‘Canes wardrobe and prep to enjoy the Super Mario era.

Advertisement
ice cube film GIF
@Brooklyndee you deaded my mans. Dayam!
1648559394880.gif

What a great feeling reading this writeup and the one by Macho. When Mario was hired I was all in. I never worried about the coach hires or the recruiting. I just worried about how quickly he could turn things around. Looks like 3-5 years is now 1-3 years given how committed Mario and the 3 billionaires are to competing and building a dominant organization.

All that said, I can’t say I love reading about our defense as is. It seems every position needs more talent except safety. The portal thread is now the first one I read every time I jump back on.
Fortunately the coaching on the defensive side of the ball is light years ahead of where it was last year

But you’re right the portal is important now. I’ve been waiting for the next wave to hit after spring and some kids to move around again

And i hope our offense looks similar to bama 2018 but…what should i look at more as a gattis offense,one year as a co-oc at bama or 3 years as an oc at Michigan?
Probably not and frankly, Alabama doesn't look the same since Mike Locksley left for Maryland after the '18' season. Gattis was our WR coach for a cup of coffee so it's hard to say what Gattis's offensive values were overall in Tuscaloosa. I would think his time with Michigan as OC seems to tell the bigger story. From watching Mario's approach at Oregon, I don't know how Gattis is not feeling right at home with Mario's offensive philosophies. Mario Cristobal's value system at Oregon seems to be on full display.

Advertisement
Probably not and frankly, Alabama doesn't look the same since Mike Locksley left for Maryland after the '18' season. Gattis was our WR coach for a cup of coffee so it's hard to say what Gattis's offensive values were overall in Tuscaloosa. I would think his time with Michigan as OC seems to tell the bigger story. From watching Mario's approach at Oregon, I don't know how Gattis is not feeling right at home with Mario's offensive philosophies. Mario Cristobal's value system at Oregon seems to be on full display.
Do y'all understand what it is to play into your strengths? Would you not agree physical play has been there strengths? The wideouts were basic & the QB play has been a lil above average. What's conducive out of that towards a high powered offense if it isn't based in pounding the ball?

Typical keyboard assassin who'd do nothing but run his pockets in the real world. The hoe should've been used to dredge the ground and bury your ***** *** in it before you could start wasting tax payer money. If only your mother would've been a lil more into anal the likelihood of you wasting breath would've been substantially less...
The Beach Reaction GIF by Kel Cripe

Advertisement
This is how i see it but we will see.

Do y'all understand what it is to play into your strengths? Would you not agree physical play has been there strengths? The wideouts were basic & the QB play has been a lil above average. What's conducive out of that towards a high powered offense if it isn't based in pounding the ball?
His strengths are run designs not pass designs and route concepts, thats the point im making. Im not worried about pounding the ball, of course they’re gonna let tvd throw. Im just not high on a super heavy quick game/rpo based offense.

Playing certain personnel according to strength shouldn't mean having to reinvent the offensive wheel. If you have Derrick Henry in the backfield then run, run, run and then run some more. But offensive identity can be just as much about formations and schemes as talent.

Typical keyboard assassin who'd do nothing but run his pockets in the real world. The hoe should've been used to dredge the ground and bury your ***** *** in it before you could start wasting tax payer money. If only your mother would've been a lil more into anal the likelihood of you wasting breath would've been substantially less...

Holy shlt! How did I miss this sniper shot? Like that guy from Saving Private Ryan, those were kill shots.

B7612854-17F1-4715-B1B2-3354F6C77159.gif

Advertisement
His strengths are run designs not pass designs and route concepts, thats the point im making. Im not worried about pounding the ball, of course they’re gonna let tvd throw. Im just not high on a super heavy quick game/rpo based offense.
His strengths are versatility... Run design was prevalent BECAUSE THE TEAM HE WAS WITH LACKED THE QB OR THE ATHLETES TO FEATURE ANYTHING ELSE... Guess we'll see.

Playing certain personnel according to strength shouldn't mean having to reinvent the offensive wheel. If you have Derrick Henry in the backfield then run, run, run and then run some more. But offensive identity can be just as much about formations and schemes as talent.
A scheme or a formation is wasted and tips your hand to even an average defense if DC knows you're not capable of utilizing it.

A scheme or a formation is wasted and tips your hand to even an average defense if DC knows you're not capable of utilizing it.
So you're looking for an OC that confuses power-5 DCs? Mario is looking for an OC that simply runs his stuff. He plans, by all accounts, to create a football team that emasculates you at the LOS. He's gonna challenge your manhood for 4 quarters. The kind of offense that is built inside out and can execute in the red zone as easily as at midfield.

In harmony with that thought, Kevin Steele is innovative in his approach and it matters, but, he will have the defense playing like their hair is on fire. Worth far more than the scheme in the final analysis.

Advertisement
So you're looking for an OC that confuses power-5 DCs? Mario is looking for an OC that simply runs his stuff. He plans, by all accounts, to create a football team that emasculates you at the LOS. He's gonna challenge your manhood for 4 quarters. The kind of offense that is built inside out and can execute in the red zone as easily as at midfield.

In harmony with that thought, Kevin Steele is innovative in his approach and it matters, but, he will have the defense playing like their hair is on fire. Worth far more than the scheme in the final analysis.
That you for teaching me about what a man I've known since I was 12 years old would like to do. Physicality on the line and dominating the man on the opposite side of you is a given. Also has nothing to do with the oc other than to infer we will pound the rock.

That you for teaching me about what a man I've known since I was 12 years old would like to do. Physicality on the line and dominating the man on the opposite side of you is a given. Also has nothing to do with the oc other than to infer we will pound the rock.
I'm simply saying that you don't wave a magic wand and turn into a physical team. An adage Mario knows well enough since his days at BAMA is coach Saban's mantra, "making their *** quit." It's still just football at the end of the day.

I'm simply saying that you don't wave a magic wand and turn into a physical team. An adage Mario knows well enough since his days at BAMA is coach Saban's mantra, "making their *** quit." It's still just football at the end of the day.
Why do all of y'all try to make it seem that everything Mario praises relates to Satan? By the by it's butch who they all learned from. Satan included. Satan simply refined it to where it applies to modern day principles

Advertisement
Back