Gentleman, we have a real football program. (Clinic recap)

Will Smith Applause GIF

Advertisement
100% Agree. Schematically i dont have alot of worries on defense with steele but im worried about the front 7. Offense i have no doubt about the talent besides a couple questions on the oline but im more worried schematically on how this offense fits us, the more i watch gattis 3 years at Michigan the more worried i am.
I'm curious why all these comments on here. I obviously don't know your level of football comprehension & I'm not trying to take a shot at you or anyone else. But anyone who watched gattis offense learned one thing first & foremost. He's proven his versatility. He's proven that he calls a game based on his players strengths. We all understand our players strengths at this point. We also SHOULD understand neglecting to attempt to establish the run isn't conducive to winning at big time football. Time of possession is real. Just my two cents here, but I'd say it would be BAT**** ****** CRAZY to question the dude who literally won the award for top assistant in the country JUST LAST YEAR before he's even called one play of live football...

I'm curious why all these comments on here. I obviously don't know your level of football comprehension & I'm not trying to take a shot at you or anyone else. But anyone who watched gattis offense learned one thing first & foremost. He's proven his versatility. He's proven that he calls a game based on his players strengths. We all understand our players strengths at this point. We also SHOULD understand neglecting to attempt to establish the run isn't conducive to winning at big time football. Time of possession is real. Just my two cents here, but I'd say it would be BAT**** ****** CRAZY to question the dude who literally won the award for top assistant in the country JUST LAST YEAR before he's even called one play of live football...
Just like other Posters who continually Bash Mario over 2 losses to Utah....but JJ and Erickson, who had wayyyyy more embarrassing losses to even worse teams at that time (see Tennessee..Maryland, and BYU)...gets passes...

My favorite was coach Steele talking about *****'s Rugby line, " I don't teach that **** ". I would've stood up and applauded tbh. I echo your sentiment on how Gattis' scheme will appeal to SoFLA kids but the guy definitely seems smart, just keep the ball in TVD's hands more often than not and we'll be fine I think. Sounds like it was an awesome experience.

I’ve watched all most every game from his time at Michigan, i see versatility in the run game i dont see near as much versatility in the pass game…Im not just talking about how much times we pass im speaking on what the route concepts and play designs are when we pass. Of course we’re gonna throw the ball lol.

And every time someone is concerned about TOO much running people think it means we dont want to run at all which is literally ignoring the entire point lol. And if u dont want to question him thats cool but I don’t go by that way of thinking just because he won the broyles award, the reason he won that award wont translate here.

Advertisement
Just like other Posters who continually Bash Mario over 2 losses to Utah....but JJ and Erickson, who had wayyyyy more embarrassing losses to even worse teams at that time (see Tennessee..Maryland, and BYU)...gets passes...
This doesn’t correlate to what im talking about at all but aight😂😂😂I know the context behind those 2 utah losses and 2 losses weren’t gonna just make me not want a top candidate lol

Georgia just won the NC running the ball. Oklahoma has a wide open offence….but look over the last bunch of years with Heisman QB’s and you’ll see they had more run than pass plays.

If we want to win we need to be more efficient running the ball, it will improve the pass game and make it even better.

Gattis was at Bama when they were running it 571 to 438 passes…with Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle and Smith.

We will have a balanced O that will be much better than what we’ve seen here in a long time.

I’ve watched all most every game from his time at Michigan, i see versatility in the run game i dont see near as much versatility in the pass game…Im not just talking about how much times we pass im speaking on what the route concepts and play designs are when we pass. Of course we’re gonna throw the ball lol.

And every time someone is concerned about TOO much running people think it means we dont want to run at all which is literally ignoring the entire point lol. And if u dont want to question him thats cool but I don’t go by that way of thinking just because he won the broyles award, the reason he won that award wont translate here.
I’m going to hope that’s what ponce is for…. Well to help and adapt gattis passing game

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing, Coach. It’s cool to have a first person perspective from a local coach here on the board. I’m very excited about the new defense. I really liked the Steele hire and his staff is loaded at every level. We may not be there personnel wise yet but we should se a marked improvement on that side. I am a big fan of cover 3 when using a 4-2-5 look. It allows you to play an extra guy near the line but your centerfielder in a single high has to be able to cover a lot of ground.

Offense, I’m waiting until I see it in a game type setting before I make any conclusions. I’m trying to give the benefit of the doubt but I’m getting a ton of “spread coast” vibes. I guess by the spring game we’ll have an idea of what’s going on.

First and foremost, but communication from the football program has been excellent leading into the clinic. Not only did I get emails containing our entire itinerary, but we got separate emails that contained parking information, including a map. First time this has ever happened. Everything at Miami right now is a very organized operation.

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

I'd also like to add that this clinic was a bargain at $50. Not only because of the legendary speakers, but the networking opportunities, the ability to watch practice, and unlimited drinks, breakfast and dinner. Most clinics I go to cost $100+ and give you absolutely nothing.
(nicest notebook I've ever gotten at a clinic too)

View attachment 180388

The level of hospitality is completely different from Manny's tenure. None of these coaches act stank and unapproachable. Coaches, and legends, or actually spread out and actively making efforts to sit around HS coaches. The effort to establish a relationships is night and day from Manny's staff. (collectively) Manny's staff had a few personable dudes, but when your head guy is a pompous politician's son, that arrogance tends to trickle down. You can tell that Cristobal demands that his coaches are engaged.

I get there early on Friday to beat the rush, and there was still a long *** line waiting for the gates to open. I finally walk in, look on green tree, and who's out there running routes with Braxton Berrios? Restrepo. X never stops working.

Mirabal is a fvckin' OL guru. That is all. You're about to see much improved OL play, especially when he gets more of his guys through the door. A lot of his clinic tape contained Scaife and McLaughlin. He seems to think McLaughlin is going to be really good.

Gattis does some really nice things offensively. He went into detail and showed the crowd some tape. A lot of 11 and 12 personnel. Very run heavy. A lot of variations in their run game. No more Inside Zone 37 times in a row. Gattis and Mirabal both spoke about establishing and identity. And some of the techniques we're teaching on ol, or very imposing and have the ability to wear down defensive players. You definitely can't be a pu$sy and play in this offense. Even the WR's are required to block a lot. Matter of fact, Gattis actually pulls H-Backs and WR's and asks them to block. Honestly, some of his stuff acts like a modern-day Wing-T out of the shotgun. My only question is, how will this offense resonate with South Florida skill kids? I guess we'll see.

The Friday clinic started at about 1:00 p.m. and dinner wasn't until 7:00. Although they kept us hydrated with unlimited Gatorade and water, your boy was getting hangry. 😫 No worries. To um coaches, including one on the strength staff, took me to their snack room and hooked your boy Macho up with something to get him by. #EstablishingRelationships #Hospitality
View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

Our DB's are in great hands!
Addae is as detailed as they come. I've seen a lot of clinics, but this was the best press-man clinic I've ever seen. Oh by the way, we are going to be a press defense.
View attachment 180392

Steele is my man crush on the staff. He's from the Saban tree, and to much of my excitement, you will see a lot of press coverage and Cover-3 "Match". You're going to see a much more sound defense that will no longer give up easy 7 yard throws to wide open receivers that turn up field for 30 yards. They're putting a huge emphasis on tackling, being sound, contesting throws, and getting 11 hats to the ball violently. And we are not teaching rugby tackling. Steele said something like "I don't know that **** so I ain't teaching it. ****, somebody gotta teach me. Here at Miami we're gonna be biting the ball."
You're going to see better tackling by default, simply because the soundness of the defense will have more people in the vicinity of pass-catchers and runners.
View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

Ugh! 💩 Must've been that Muscle Milk.

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
They definitely knew what they were doing with this food selection. They didn't want anybody getting up and leaving during the night session. We all had da itis!
View attachment 180400

They finished up the night session by having Jimmy speak. This man can work a room. He can have you ready to run through a brick wall one moment, and shed a tear the next. This was truly a unique experience brought to us by Mario. Watching Jimmy speak was a true blessing and great experience. Jimmy even opened up the room for questions.
View attachment 180401

First day was great. Let's see what Saturday brings.
Thanks coach

Even for a novice like myself, it’s as obvious as the nose on my face that Gattis will base his O on the available personnel. He’s said it multiple times in his pressers. The really good coaches adapt their O or D to their players. They don’t try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Pigeonholing a coach based on his previous stint at another school is asinine.

Advertisement
Even for a novice like myself, it’s as obvious as the nose on my face that Gattis will base his O on the available personnel. He’s said it multiple times in his pressers. The really good coaches adapt their O or D to their players. They don’t try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Pigeonholing a coach based on his previous stint at another school is asinine.
This is true and what I choose to believe as well, but we’ve also seen (many times) coaches come in saying they will adapt the scheme to the personnel available, then not doing so. It’s become a cliche and appropriate thing to say, but it’s actual execution is a whole different thing.

Awesome stuff coach, thanks!! I can’t wait to see our O when a D has to actually respect and account for the run game. It will create more explosive plays in the passing game, such as Arroyo up the seen w safeties biting the run. And we have the accurate QB to make them pay. On D, we’ve been talking for years about lack of development and lack of proper technique’s etc. that is in the rear view mirror, and our LBs will actually look like LBs. Super news ref Steed. Young man has busted his *** w rehabs to put on for us. Go Canes🙌🙌🙌

Exactly. And it’s not working for them, obviously. She knew he was bisexual when she got with him but chose to stay and benefit from his come up. Now she is punishing him in a passive aggressive way in public whenever she gets the chance. That’s BS. If you gonna hold the dude’s secret then hold it, don’t emasculate him even more for it. She ain’t the victim.
That was Will trying to get his manhood back. She stay embarrassing him in public. If she's soo torn about him cheating then leave.
Nope she's using that to act a fool and be disrespectful. Women got a lot of game. If you don't check that **** you'll be like Will and D Wade.

Advertisement
Not sure how to feel when things like modern wing T are thrown out there. Especially with the athletes in sofl
Don’t worry. Every power scheme in football roots in wing tee concepts. From Urbans gators, Gus @ auburn, even Kelly at Oregon all root in classic wing tee concepts in addition to incorporating elements of the veer on option plays. Key is what they can do with formational scheming and tweeks to make **** modern

Advertisement
Back