Gaynor reacts to Herbert's commitment

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami offensive line commit Corey Gaynor and news Canes commit Kai-Leon Herbert go way back, knowing each other from their youth football days. Many might not have realized that Gaynor was working Herbert behind the scenes big-time.

When asked how excited he was about Herbert's commitment on Wednesday night, Gaynor said, "Oh you have no idea. I put in so much work with him."

"It was on the daily. I never gave up cause we're boys and I just talked to him like any friend would," Gaynor added.

The Canes have now pulled in a spectacular offensive line class on paper, between Herbert, Gaynor, Navaughn Donaldson, Zach Dykstra, and Zalon'tae Hillery (who could potentially end up elsewhere).

"This offensive line class is really, really special. Coach Searels did a great job and on Wednesday we finish the puzzle," Gaynor told CanesInSight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
yea, big time credit to coach Searels

dude did his part on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement
"This offensive line class is really, really special. Coach Searels did a great job and on Wednesday we finish the puzzle," Gaynor told CanesInSight.

Awesome insights, Pete. Do you know what CG means by "on Wednesday we finish the puzzle? Any more commits coming? Or just that the papers get faxed in? Bateman still a possibility?

Advertisement
This legitimately can be our starting O-line 3 years from now

So that's 3 4 star OLinemen added this year!
WR is also looking much better than 3-4 weeks ago. A Class with Njoku, Harley(done deal), Thomas(probably done deal after the donk arrives tonight)and maybe, just maybe Smith!
Add McFarland and Henderson/Edwards/both and this class is ridiculous!!!

That's exactly what I'm saying. I honestly think that smith is the silent commit. I think Henderson is having a change of heart and comes here too. All his recent tweets are all UM

Advertisement
So that's 3 4 star OLinemen added this year!
WR is also looking much better than 3-4 weeks ago. A Class with Njoku, Harley(done deal), Thomas(probably done deal after the donk arrives tonight)and maybe, just maybe Smith!
Add McFarland and Henderson/Edwards/both and this class is ridiculous!!!

Who's a four star besides Donaldson and Herbert?

Gaynor's a badass. You want your center to be a leader. Sounds like this kid has it figured out.

man who the **** had Slaton to UF & Herbert to Miami..

**** was supposed to be the opposite.

Advertisement
Gaynor is good. He finishes blocks like nobody I have ever seen. He is very quick. This is a huge get for our class. I don't care how many stars he has.

man who the **** had Slaton to UF & Herbert to Miami..

**** was supposed to be the opposite.

That's Crootin' for you.

But on the real, it kinda makes sense. I'm guessing based off following this cycle, but I think we had Slaton higher on our board as an OL. then he all of a sudden decided he only wants to play dl in college and we put the **** full court press on Herbert.

Regardless of what happens with Slaton, Pete deserves a huge thumbs up for getting the Herbert call right at a time when many on the board were preoccupied with throwing Rumph under the bus.

Advertisement
Back