Gaynor reacts to Herbert's commitment

View as article
Miami offensive line commit Corey Gaynor and news Canes commit Kai-Leon Herbert go way back, knowing each other from their youth football days. Many might not have realized that Gaynor was working Herbert behind the scenes big-time.

When asked how excited he was about Herbert's commitment on Wednesday night, Gaynor said, "Oh you have no idea. I put in so much work with him."

"It was on the daily. I never gave up cause we're boys and I just talked to him like any friend would," Gaynor added.

The Canes have now pulled in a spectacular offensive line class on paper, between Herbert, Gaynor, Navaughn Donaldson, Zach Dykstra, and Zalon'tae Hillery (who could potentially end up elsewhere).

"This offensive line class is really, really special. Coach Searels did a great job and on Wednesday we finish the puzzle," Gaynor told CanesInSight.

SO pumped!

#WatchTheFinish !!!

Advertisement
Can't tell based on the context, but is Gaynor implying we have another target out there? Or everybody signs Wednesday? I'm assuming signing.

man who the **** had Slaton to UF & Herbert to Miami..

**** was supposed to be the opposite.

That's Crootin' for you.

But on the real, it kinda makes sense. I'm guessing based off following this cycle, but I think we had Slaton higher on our board as an OL. then he all of a sudden decided he only wants to play dl in college and we put the **** full court press on Herbert.

Could Slaton ever get a better D-Line coach than Coach Kool if he really wants to be Big Time on Defense?

Advertisement
Back