Gattis production at Michigan

Scoring Offense (35th at 31.7 ppg)
Yards Per Game (61st at 402.1 ypg)
Yards Per Play (58th at 5.6 ypp)
Rushing Yards Per Game (68th at 151.2 ypg)
Yards Per Rush Attempt (79th at 4.0 ypr)
Passing Yards Per Game (48th at 250.8 ypg)
Yards Per Pass Attempt (37th at 8.0 ypp)
Red Zone Scoring % (82nd at 81.36%)

Scoring Offense (63rd 28.3 ppg)
Yards Per Game (77th at 381.3 ypg)
Yards Per Play (44th at 5.8 ypp)
Rushing Yards Per Game (94th at 131 ypg)
Yards Per Rush Attempt (51st at 4.6 ypr)
Passing Yards Per Game (42nd at 250.3 ypg)
Yards Per Pass Attempt (73rd at 7.1 ypp)
Red Zone Scoring % (75th at 80.95%)

2021 (Moore promoted to CO-OC)

Scoring Offense (14th at 35.8 ppg)
Yards Per Game (19th at 443.1 ypg)
Yards Per Play (17th at 6.3 ypp)
Rushing Yards Per Game (15th at 214.4 ypg)
Yards Per Rush Attempt (15th at 5.2 ypr)
Passing Yards Per Game (66th at 228.7ypg)
Yards Per Pass Attempt (35th at 8.1 ypp)
Red Zone Scoring % (21st at 89.55%)
But...but.. He won the broyles award..... And so did Brian Van Gorder

Advertisement
Which is why I didn’t like the fact that Mario passed on more successful coordinators to hire him.

Maybe he passed on some but I think he got turned down a couple of times. Jason Candle was one in particular who I believe was offered first (I remember all the buzz that UM was hiring a guy with HC experience as OC). Would have been a good person to follow Lashlee.

I'm not calling for Gattis' head but if we don't beat the ACC teams like UNC, FSU, and VT due to poor offensive performance, I can't see Mario letting that slide.
Right now I’m grouping this one on Mario and saying this is the offense he wants to run, especially if nothing changes. I’d hope for spread concepts and such but if nothing changes, that’s on him.

Advertisement
Lashlee was making less than half Gattis is. When you make what Gattis does, you need to produce a top 10 offense year in and year out. He is making top 7 OC money.
What is Gattis' salary? What was Lashlee's?

Players just need to execute!!!111
Wait, they don't? If you know some magic-*** plays that will force the player to catch the ball even when he's not paying attention, you should be the OC. Or are you going to say we'd have lost the game if our guys could catch?

Really tired of dudes rolling up making every single problem THE problem. Like playcalling caused drops. Like playcalling caused missed/blocked fieldgoals. Like playcalling caused muffed punts. So yeah, better playcalling would be swell, but that's not even in the top 3 problems right now. And execution is !!!111

Lashlee also inherited and offense that finished 98th in total offense and 90th in scoring offense.

Gattis inherited and offense that finished 19th in total offense and 23rd in scoring. There should be a significant improvement for what they’re paying him.
I was flat out told the wr’s and qb will regress under him and I was like “ come on? Really?” The blocking has even gotten worse by the wr’s.

Advertisement
Michigan fans said the offense was trash before Matt Weiss got there. Sherone hets a lot of credit too. Go compare the offense to pre Weiss.

Yea this was pretty well known. It was always why the O was the biggest question mark heading into the season. And why 2-3 weeks into camp I had questions about them struggling so bad.

Wait, they don't? If you know some magic-*** plays that will force the player to catch the ball even when he's not paying attention, you should be the OC. Or are you going to say we'd have lost the game if our guys could catch?

Really tired of dudes rolling up making every single problem THE problem. Like playcalling caused drops. Like playcalling caused missed/blocked fieldgoals. Like playcalling caused muffed punts. So yeah, better playcalling would be swell, but that's not even in the top 3 problems right now. And execution is !!!111
The guy calling the plays is also the wide receiver coach. So, it’s a double failure

so blame the WR coach. we can't do that? just put all the blame on the kids and none on their teachers?

Advertisement
Problem is this is the type of offense Mario wants

I think Cristobal defaulted to it because he was striking out with other OCs. When all else fails, go back to what you know. Candle's spread O is nothing like Gattis's (basically same O that Moorhead ran at Oregon) .

Advertisement
Lashlee also inherited and offense that finished 98th in total offense and 90th in scoring offense.

Gattis inherited and offense that finished 19th in total offense and 23rd in scoring. There should be a significant improvement for what they’re paying him.
I wasn’t RL’s biggest fan but the changes him and Likens made after Tvd entered made me appreciate him. He inherited a horrible OL that was mostly Soph’s and unproven wr’s. Likens also coaches those wr’s up. From blocking on up.

Check out his offenses at Oregon and the criticism the oregon fans warned us

I don't disagree. I watch a ton of Oregon football as both my sisters are Oregon grads. What is interesting is that the Marios #1 guy was a lot closer to Lashlees style than Gattis's.

Jesus Christ can we at least play half a season before we fly the banners?

This time last year that vaunted Lashlee offense you’re all begging we had looked like **** against Alabama, was mediocre against App State, and got blown out by Michigan State.

Then we went on a run. Yes there are concerns but god **** some of y’all need to get a hold of yourselves.

I wasn’t RL’s biggest fan but the changes him and Likens made after Tvd entered made me appreciate him. He inherited a horrible OL that was mostly Soph’s and unproven wr’s. Likens also coaches those wr’s up. From blocking on up.
I liked Rhett but what I mostly liked was that we finally had a coordinator running a modern offense. It could have been any number of guys who were mixing some form of hurry up spread with air raid passing concepts. With Mario and Mirabal coaching the o line, we could have one of the nation’s best offenses.

Advertisement
Back