Official Gattis Fired!!

I am violently caucasian, so help your boy out here. K's? Sorority girls, I assume?

I know a lot of the "younger posters" are very anti-Greek, but it was a LOT of fun back in the 80s/90s.

I was not in an FBG organization, but had some great friends who were. Also, these differences were why Miami founded AGLO to be a broader organization compared to IFC and Panhellenic.

Advertisement
I wanted to ask you about this I really did. Because my mind immediately went there but in my head I was like he learned his lesson. And then I remembered he coached at Miami

Ha!

Man, I've been walking a tightrope with hints. At one point, I actually had to ask @RVACane to pull back one of my hints, though I can't remember if it was a Gattis hint. I DM'd him and told him "I ****ed up", and he cleaned up my mess.

@RVACane is amazing!

the info revealed about what occurred at Bama obviously was known in the coaching community and to Mario. this confirms Mario's level of desperation (to use a word) and how Mario had struck out with more viable/acceptable candidates, that he had to hire a person with such bad judgment/poor character, something that betrays what Mario preaches.

e71a030f-5823-44bb-ad05-79bf43ff2079_text.gif

Advertisement
the info revealed about what occurred at Bama obviously was known in the coaching community and to Mario. this confirms Mario's level of desperation (to use a word) and how Mario had struck out with more viable/acceptable candidates, that he had to hire a person with such bad judgment/poor character, something that betrays what Mario preaches.
I typically don’t like to use the word desperation as it pertains to Mario but I do think he gambled his *** off.

I mean, either I'm a complete idiot or I missed the hints, don't answer that.

Just seems a little odd everything is so tight lipped in this day and age of sharing too much.

It's all good. I'm a UM alum, so while some want to **** around and call me a "slurper", I'm just a guy who loves my alma mater and wants to see UM do well. If anyone asks me to put something in the vault, I do it.

But with the guys I talk with, DM with, text with...they know I've seen a few comparable situations at UM in the past. And things are being handled very differently today, compared with some horror stories I could share from 30 years ago.

I didn't want to go too far with details, because a lot of people on the board don't understand how to be delicate with these situations. Just because you hear part of the story doesn't mean you will get every salacious detail eventually.

Sad situation. We tend to focus on Gattis ******* up his career, but he may have also damaged the lives of some young people along the way. So let's just try to have some balance, that's about all I can hope for.

Advertisement

And now people can figure out why I'm CAUTIOUS on Frost. I don't pretend to know everything, but I do know that you have to take past occurrences (or even "rumors" of occurrences) seriously. Nobody wants to be the person (or institution) that ignores all the red flags.

Ha!

Man, I've been walking a tightrope with hints. At one point, I actually had to ask @RVACane to pull back one of my hints, though I can't remember if it was a Gattis hint. I DM'd him and told him "I ****ed up", and he cleaned up my mess.

@RVACane is amazing!
Good job @RVACane i also want to take this time to be a man and apologize to you. I would have DM’d it but I can be a man and face the public music. You’re a good man and I was going through a lot of personal issues some of which you know about. I’m sorry man. You can ignore this if you want lol

It's all good. I'm a UM alum, so while some want to **** around and call me a "slurper", I'm just a guy who loves my alma mater and wants to see UM do well. If anyone asks me to put something in the vault, I do it.

But with the guys I talk with, DM with, text with...they know I've seen a few comparable situations at UM in the past. And things are being handled very differently today, compared with some horror stories I could share from 30 years ago.

I didn't want to go too far with details, because a lot of people on the board don't understand how to be delicate with these situations. Just because you hear part of the story doesn't mean you will get every salacious detail eventually.

Sad situation. We tend to focus on Gattis ******* up his career, but he may have also damaged the lives of some young people along the way. So let's just try to have some balance, that's about all I can hope for.

agreed. i posted the info that i received today to provide an explanation on what occurred and why the delay. i'm sure gattis has left a lot of tire tracks in his various jobs, but i suspect he's out of options now, at least for a while.

Advertisement
I typically don’t like to use the word desperation as it pertains to Mario but I do think he gambled his *** off.

I understand your feelings. But let's not also ignore the fact that a healthy chunk of Americans "love a good redemption story".

Ha!

@RVACane is amazing!

agree to disagree on @RVACane. he banished me for half a fortnight for . . . actually let me be quiet.

/he's not a bad dude.

Advertisement
Good job @RVACane i also want to take this time to be a man and apologize to you. I would have DM’d it but I can be a man and face the public music. You’re a good man and I was going through a lot of personal issues some of which you know about. I’m sorry man. You can ignore this if you want lol
Thank you and I apologize too. I shouldn’t have wished an indifferent fate like that on you for certain. I find you to be a very honorable person and if you saw my kids and wife and more pointedly my own step-kid, you’d know where I’m coming from on that.

I know a lot of the "younger posters" are very anti-Greek, but it was a LOT of fun back in the 80s/90s.

I was not in an FBG organization, but had some great friends who were. Also, these differences were why Miami founded AGLO to be a broader organization compared to IFC and Panhellenic.
I was a LXA and lived in the house at UM. It was still a lot of fun in the 2000s lol

Well I mean yeah from that perspective it would have been even more of a home run than it was in the eye of the public originally

Yep. Obviously, Gattis sold himself well during his interview.

And...NOW...people can figure out why I've been pounding the table for Alonzo. That guy made a career out of crisscrossing this great country, talking to college coaching staffs, and getting the lowdown on everything and everyone.

I wish to God that Alonzo had been hired a few months earlier. Because I can very well imagine a quiet conversation between Alonzo and Dan that would have involved the words "no ******* way".

Advertisement
Back