Official Gattis Fired!!

Isn’t everyone on offense right now a good recruiter? Mirabal, Smith, Field. If we add Coley at WR, I feel like we’d be fine with a smart X&O OC who’s less recruiting inclined?
I can agree with this. If we land an elite X and O guy I’m good with taking a hit on recruiting

It’s why I was cautious about people talking about Hartline for OC. Not that it was wrong but for an OC I lean more towards the X and Os and let the position guys do the heavy lifting if that makes sense

Advertisement
Maybe it’s naive of me but if there was this huge connection with Mario and Arroyo like this board is making it out to be I think Arroyo would have been the choice last year. He was kinda in the same position as Candle IIRC.

Mario bringing some familiarity with him to a new school. Yes I realize he was UNLVs coach but if Mario was dead set on him I think it would have been last year. They would have figured it out.

I could be totally wrong of course but I don’t see Arroyo coming here now
The only reason I went there was the immediacy of the report. The familiarity and this leaking the day of made me believe it could be him. I don’t know jack so it was a quick assumption.

The only reason I went there was the immediacy of the report. The familiarity and this leaking the day of made me believe it could be him. I don’t know jack so it was a quick assumption.
Totally understandable

I didn’t really mean it to be directed at you since lots of people have brought his name up so I was kinda thinking out loud

The ties to Mario. Not trying push anything. Relax.

Ever since Arroyo got fired at UNLV I have always had him connected to the next OC job. Its just to many connections. He was Mario's OC at Oregon and he just happens to be still available right now. Not my choice but I do think this is who Mario wants as his OC.

Lol; u do realize we were the first P5 to give Coley a shot to be OC here, right? He had the title of OC at FSU, but Jimbo called the plays.

-2013: O (48th) Scoring (33rd)
-2014: O (44th) Scoring (59th)
-2015: O (68th) Scoring (71st)

He got another shot at UGA to be an OC in 2019, & was fired immediately b/c their offense struggled mightily.

I don’t want Coley no where near calling plays, again. WR Coach? Sure, since he can recruit, but that’s about it.
This right here

Advertisement
Ever since Arroyo got fired at UNLV I have always had him connected to the next OC job. It’s just too many connections. He was Mario's OC at Oregon and he just happens to be still available right now. Not my choice but I do think this is who Mario wants as his OC.
It’s the easy hire for sure. Mario doesn’t necessarily strike me as that type of guy. As evident by how he hired the current staff.

1674856431013.gif

Advertisement
Ever since Arroyo got fired at UNLV I have always had him connected to the next OC job. Its just to many connections. He was Mario's OC at Oregon and he just happens to be still available right now. Not my choice but I do think this is who Mario wants as his OC.
Then we are f*cked for at least another decade..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back