Official Gattis Fired!!

Advertisement
christmas vacation GIF
That's what the link says, but who knows how good the intel is?

Edit: He also says he was in Coral Gables and "could have interviewed for the OC position."

Advertisement
I'd give my left nut for Kingsbury at Miami as the OC.
With LaVell Edwards and Mike Leach in the football heavens, Kingsbury might be least aligned (philosophically) person walking planet Earth to what Mario wants to do offensively.

While I don’t hate the idea of him calling plays… KK is just about opposite of the identity he says he wants

Mullen does a good job coaching QB's. So he'd be an upgrade there. Our staff is not great recruiters. Mario and DVD are the best two, but insiders have said that the other leave something to be desired. I personally think Kevin Smith does a good job.
Smith and Field are legit I think but I’m with you yes Mario is elite but we still have to keep upgrading at recruiting for sure

Advertisement
The ties to Mario. Not trying push anything. Relax.
Maybe it’s naive of me but if there was this huge connection with Mario and Arroyo like this board is making it out to be I think Arroyo would have been the choice last year. He was kinda in the same position as Candle IIRC.

Mario bringing some familiarity with him to a new school. Yes I realize he was UNLVs coach but if Mario was dead set on him I think it would have been last year. They would have figured it out.

I could be totally wrong of course but I don’t see Arroyo coming here now

Advertisement
Is me questioning whether it was “for cause” really contributing to misery?

Is discussing whether or not we still owe this guy $1 million a bad thing in the “gattis fired” thread?

Didn’t complain about timing or any negative Stance on it, just clarified to a poster that it was likely not “for cause” based on the reports (and what that means in terms of his pay) and that’s what you choose to highlight out of everything posted on here? Lmao
Good to see you’re still gonna die on this hill like the idiot that we all know you are

Maybe it’s naive of me but if there was this huge connection with Mario and Arroyo like this board is making it out to be I think Arroyo would have been the choice last year. He was kinda in the same position as Candle IIRC.

Mario bringing some familiarity with him to a new school. Yes I realize he was UNLVs coach but if Mario was dead set on him I think it would have been last year. They would have figured it out.

I could be totally wrong of course but I don’t see Arroyo coming here now

He’s available and people have low expectations based on Mario’s hiring from last year being close to a complete failure or so the results make it seem…

Everyone is hoping for a home run hire, but cautious pessimism leads to these lists…

Advertisement
Well that sucked. Thought about working in a Gattis got fired too but held off (not really).

Gattis got fired. Yay. Come on home, Weirdo Dan.

Smith and Field are legit I think but I’m with you yes Mario is elite but we still have to keep upgrading at recruiting for sure
Isn’t everyone on offense right now a good recruiter? Mirabal, Smith, Field. If we add Coley at WR, I feel like we’d be fine with a smart X&O OC who’s less recruiting inclined?

He’s available and people have low expectations based on Mario’s hiring from last year being close to a complete failure or so the results make it seem…

Everyone is hoping for a home run hire, but cautious pessimism leads to these lists…
I feel that. I definitely understand it too.

I’m pushing more towards the optimistic route. Yes Mario is in charge but he’s got guys like Rad/Zo etc around him. He’s got the money. He’s had more time to prepare for this than last year.

I feel good about this.

Advertisement
Back