Official Gattis Fired!!

Finally done
the lord of the rings GIF

done the lord of the rings GIF

Advertisement
We back! 12-0 baby. Just update the 2023 Miami Hurricanes Football wiki now.

The disrespect Field gets is mind boggling. He’s a great evaluator of talent, one of the best recruiters on this staff. There’s a reason he was the only holdover from Manny’s staff.

People also forget Mario hand picked Field to be Director of Recruiting while in Eugene when he was still working at UL.
Agreed!

Full disclosure, Field is my boy...both of us from the 561 and I know him personally. That said, lol at anyone thinking he's moving off-field. The man can recruit TE's and the kids in his room love playing for him. This stupidity needs to stop around here.

Advertisement
You should invite that Uncle with two wives for a drink. He likely needs it.

@JHallCanes - this may call for high proof
haha. I definitely did not type that sentence out properly.

Man if I invite that uncle anywhere he is paying. They own a house in Belfair just outside Hilton Head, a house on the bay in LBI, NJ and just sold land in the Ford Plantation. Life has been good to him...so he better be buying...a lot.

C note? That’s for Pete’s face to pop up instead. Aim higher…
I'm not going to lie. I bluffed my lingo. It's either $100 or $1000. I can't remember. I was offering 1k. The only reason I never went premium is bc it felt like paying for the verified twitter blue check. I'm a man of the people. I want to poRst with the poors.

On the real, are you not worried about how long it took coupled with what legit options are left?

My only gripe has been we wasted a lot of time on getting the next guy and we can’t afford to miss again.
Why do all of you guys think that Mario hasn’t been talking to some people on the side getting ready for this moment or why don’t you guys all understand that we ourselves have had coaches stay here for four weeks or less including Mario and T Rob so we can do the same thing to others

Advertisement
I get your point… but these coaches are made whole. He’s going to get every dime he agreed to on his contract. Won’t even have to work the next two years if he doesn’t want and more than likely will have another high 6 figure job within the next 30 days so need to feel sorry for any of these coaches who get shown the door. Not many industries where you can be totally inept and come out way better financially (see Willie Taggart)…

So don’t you go feeling all sorry for Josh Gattis.

You're totally missing the point. It's about NOT celebrating a man being fired. It is NOT cool.

The least surprising news over the last year. Anybody that didn’t know this was going to happen was just wallowing in misery - not only did our insiders say so, but even those of us that don’t have access to those sources of information were smart enough to realize that he would not be back for next season.
You also walk a fine line of what you truly know and what you can openly share. I don't talk privately with our insiders, but I do know some folks as well. Our CIS insiders have been pretty darn accurate. They certainly understand the inner workings of the university. Some things are very fluid, and information and decision points can change rapidly. God forbid if information changes. It becomes red meat for the board dolts which we have quite a few unfortunately.

Beg to differ. I am popping champagne tonight to celebrate the fact that UM has finally moved on from J. Gattis as OC and will be upgrading the position to reflect the investment being made in the program. It is NOT the fans fault that Gattis severely underperformed and he needs to move on and find his next career move.

Good for you...and your poor taste, you're orobably popping sparkling water anyways.

Advertisement
Littrell would be great, Ludwig would be great, I’d consider rolling the dice on Joe Brady too. Lots of good options out there…even LaFleur that just left the Jets.
LaFleur is going to the Rams, I believe.

I think originally Mario prob wanted to help Gattis land on his feet. It does UM no good by sheer optics to bring in a Broyles winner from 2021, and turn him into a lepper in 2022, like he went from being on the verge of a HC to now not being able to get another OC gig. Perhaps those in coaching circles know him to NOT be all that, but anyone from the outside looking in, it is not a good look.

Then it appears something happened where HR was involved. Whether he was hooking up with a staff member, student, made off colored remarks, whatever it is HR has a policy it has to go through and procedures/steps it needs to take. So gattis knew he was done, Mario knew, kids knew, greater public had a good idea but were clamoring because no official announcement. I imagine it would be hard to conduct an HR investigation if someone was already fired AND could potentially hurt the school.

Obviously yes we could have missed on some targets if we hired a homerun OC right after the season but Mario's hands may have very well been tied. Just hope we hit a HR now and perhaps get some people to look at us in the post spring portal wave.

Advertisement
Yeah Christmas Eve and then woke up and it’s like what the ****. Our house was over by the zoo and on a huge hill even 4WD it was impossible. My folks lived up that hill that goes from the zoo up towards the Pepsi plant and the highway.

Small world haha
Sounds like Glenwood Park Ave

We were visiting my family for Christmas that year. They live off West 8th. We were supposed to leave to drive back to Michigan on the 26th and decided to pack up Christmas Eve night and left first thing Christmas morning when it started getting bad.

Advertisement
Back