Official Gattis Fired!!

Advertisement
The moment Petrino was hired Coley was making calls lol, believe that. We almost landed him last year so I imagine we make another run. No chance he’s the play caller.
If we were to bring him in, any concerns with taking the "All-Star Staff" direction again? Just thinking if Mario brings in a guy he doesn't have any history coaching with, like a Kevin Johns, and he is stuck (for lack of a better term) with Mario's dudes...? Guys like Field, Coley, Mirabal, who have his ear, friendship, experience coaching with him, etc. Not sure if that scared prospective OCs last year but I could see it being a concern for a new guy. I'm not trying to give off the complaining about anything vibe, just a dynamic I think we dealt with last year.

It was awkward as **** when the new OC walked in his office and threw JG’s stuff out the door.

D4EDD153-30EF-4570-A7F0-BB6B67E608AE.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get he is a great recruiter and at WR that is half the battle, but can he actually coach WRs? I’d feel a lot better if Field moved off staff and he was TE coach. It seems like our WR room needs a real technician.
Why would we want to move Field? His recruiting is legit and as much as Mallory is hated here he was by far our most productive receiver last year

Advertisement
Haha. Thanks. I actually live outside Savannah GA now. I couldnt take the cold anymore...although its been in the 30's here the past few mornings. I cant go much further south.
Well **** im in the same boat. I left PA when we got like 10ft of snow over a 3 day period on Christmas a few years back. It’s why im in SC now. I’ll get down to Savannah though as well from time to time

Advertisement
This is a happy day for all of us. The list will stay in the CIS vault. I hope the fellas like @Page305 @stormbrewing @JimmyJohnsonsHair and others who kept it spicy can let their hair down and celebrate with the rest of us. Great day to be a Cane. Hope is in the air.

Lmao oh trust me. Don't let my moping fool you, I'm definitely one of the happiest posters hearing this news.

Guess you haven't been reading any of the threads ... especially the one that is closed on Gattis saga ... which indicated that the termination was FOR CAUSE .... which triggers the cessation of salary payments. There is a reason that the AD department had to take a certain amount of time with this termination process and final documents. Don't want to believe it ... fine.
Not gon lie… a whole lot to keep with and I don’t know all the details. But he’s not here any more and that’s what matters most.

Of course UM wants to get out of paying him $1.8M or whatever the figure is they’ll do it but I’m sure they weren’t agonizing over his buyout. Either way… he’s out and we’re happy. As long as Mario doesn’t fumble the next hire no one should be upset by today’s news

Well **** im in the same boat. I left PA when we got like 10ft of snow over a 3 day period on Christmas a few years back. It’s why im in SC now. I’ll get down to Savannah though as well from time to time

A few, like 20 for me…

Advertisement
Back