Official Gattis Fired!!

Advertisement
Lake predicts Coley will be on staff in some capacity. Not sure if OC or Co-OC/WR coach. Don’t shoot the messenger
shotgun-suicide.gif

I get your point… but these coaches are made whole. He’s going to get every dime he agreed to on his contract. Won’t even have to work the next two years if he doesn’t want and more than likely will have another high 6 figure job within the next 30 days so need to feel sorry for any of these coaches who get shown the door. Not many industries where you can be totally inept and come out way better financially (see Willie Taggart)…

So don’t you go feeling all sorry for Josh Gattis.
If he was FIRED FOR CAUSE as has been intimated ... his salary ceases immediately and he is not paid the second year of his contract ... that's why it is an important clause in the employment agreement.

OK. We just HAD the Broyles Cup/Award/Selection winner - and he really sucked.

Maybe we should hire the Broyles Cup/Award/Selection - LAST PLACE guy!

Advertisement
Lake predicts Coley will be on staff in some capacity. Not sure if OC or Co-OC/WR coach. Don’t shoot the messenger
I think Coley is a pretty good WR coach, no? Definitely isnt coming here to do anything OC related at all. But recruiting is absolutely something Coley is **** good at.

That said, lets do this right this time..bring in the OC, and let him decide who to hire and fire excluding Mirabel. Mario shouldnt intrude but if the OC is smart..he will keep Stephen Field on as TE coach at least. I know posters like Kevin Smith but Im not tied to him. If the OC has his own guy that is just as good or better.. I wouldnt be mad.

If he was FIRED FOR CAUSE as has been intimated ... his salary ceases immediately and he is not paid the second year of his contract ... that's why it is an important clause in the employment agreement.

Right.

And to be honest, I don't really care. The money is not the sole or primary issue. Nobody denies that "for cause" creates a saving of money. But that's not why this was done this way.

what post did i miss homie? Help me out!
Indy passively mentioned some NFL guys (Roman, Chud etc)

I’m hoping that with more time this year Mario can get a better fit. I’m not trying to make excuses but he came in and saved our recruiting class last year and we know how he focuses on that, so the coaches, the portal, his mom etc that was a lot of stuff for a guy just coming in

No excuses but with more time to plan I hope to see a better process

Advertisement
I love Coley. He is an assassin on the trail. Yall capping. All them south fl boys FSU got under Jimbo, he had a big role in it. I dont prefer him as an OC but would i jump off a cliff, no. He had a true FR Brad Kaaya ready to play after coming in the summer.

I wonder if today was the day that they pulled the trigger because Cristobal is close to naming the replacement
I’m guessing they announced it today to try to limit the coverage of it in the national media. Not a great look for the Broyles Award winner (even if bogus) to be fired after only one season, particularly with the perception that’s already other there with Mario and offense. The Friday before the AFC/NFC Championship games and NDD is a good day for a news dump—pretty smart on the PR front.

Advertisement
I love Coley. He is an assassin on the trail. Yall capping. All them south fl boys FSU got under Jimbo, he had a big role in it. I dont prefer him as an OC but would i jump off a cliff, no. He had a true FR Brad Kaaya ready to play after coming in the summer.
Ummm..No..jump off the cliff if hes the OC. lol..at that point I would lose all faith that Mario knows what hes doing. Coley should be nothing more than a WR Coach/Assistant OC or something along those lines.

Advertisement
What cause… looking at kiddie **** on a school issued computer or for beating his wife? Surely the cause couldn’t be him not being able to offensively coordinate an 8U co-ed flag football team as he showed us this past season? Tell me he didn’t agree to that in his contract because then he’s not just a horrible OC but not too bright either

Ummm..No..jump off the cliff if hes the OC. lol..at that point I would lose all faith that Mario knows what hes doing. Coley should be nothing more than a WR Coach/Assistant OC or something along those lines.
Yeah thats your opinion. I doubt he will be the OC but he did ok here with Golden. All these people yall think are guaranteed, 3 weeks in man typing from their couch to.fire him.

Advertisement
Back