Official Gattis Fired!!

Heres the thing I keep reading about Coley and Arroyo:

Recruits were told "drastic schematic changes". Drastic changes do not include hiring these two because these two don't bring drastic schemaic changes.
I want to hang my hat on this but IIRC, we heard similar reports last year of recruits being excited about the "innovative" offense that Mario was selling them. Maybe it was true at the time and the guys Mario had in mind fell through but nothing about that **** show we saw on offense last year was innovative.

Advertisement
78zlle.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I want to hang my hat on this but IIRC, we heard similar reports last year of recruits being excited about the "innovative" offense that Mario was selling them. Maybe it was true at the time and the guys Mario had in mind fell through but nothing about that **** show we saw on offense last year was innovative.
To be fair, Gattis fooled just about everyone. The Candle hire would have been dramatic compared to Mario’s previous OC’s. Gattis (on paper) was a late stab and also a blend of physicality and innovative, intricate play design.

Of course, we now know that isn’t the case, and it was really the other OC that was more hands on in the gamescript.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back