Official Gattis Fired!!

2023 - a new heel turn for Inday into……

Season 5 Episode 3 GIF by Living Single
He’s been tasked with generating the clicks that Andrew used to generate via Manny

Advertisement
I thought that too but wasn’t sure. Lashlee had a hand in most of his staff. As well as multiple off field guys.
Obviously there needs to be a limit. Clueless Manny allowed Enos to bring in the worst offensive staff in the history of the program.

Mario is going to hire what he’s familiar with so let’s not waste time speculating.

2018: 34.8 PPG (25th)
2019: 35.4 PPG (16th)

Just waiting on Dmoney to drop Arroyo highlights now to talk us into it.

That will be fine. But UM can never play Utah.

It would be a nightmare to do something foolish - like lose to Utah TWICE -

Advertisement
Not arguing lol I’m just saying at big programs the HC usually choose all assistants
“ Chooses “ or hires? An oc will say “I want my wr coach and some
of my off field guys” . The HC will then hire them especially if they want the OC. I mean why would a defensive coach or a coach like Mario pick a bunch of guys that have nothing in common philosophically to teach said Oc’s scheme? Justice , Likens , Lashlee and multiple qc guys were all on the same page.

And usually the HC aligns people who at least speak similar terminology to ease working.

There must be some form of equal terms there and Gattis had none with the others.
Exactly. When any big OC leaves a school he’ll bring some of his own people or add guys that align with him. Even if it’s a wr coach or some off field guys.

Advertisement
Exactly. When any big OC leaves a school he’ll bring some of his own people or add guys that align with him. Even if it’s a wr coach or some off field guys.

Both sides of the argument may be right. We aren’t a big time program right now… we aren’t plugging and playing like Clemson, Bama and Georgia…

We are plugging and praying lately…

Advertisement
Both sides of the argument may be right. We aren’t a big time program right now… we aren’t plugging and playing like Clemson, Bama and Georgia…

We are plugging and praying lately…
Lashlee was a big OC. At most levels of football you bring multiple guys with you when you’re a coordinator. Even if it’s off field. That’s just how it is in most situations.

And usually the HC aligns people who at least speak similar terminology to ease working.

There must be some form of equal terms there and Gattis had none with the others.
Everything I've heard and read said Gattis was such a douche that nobody in the building really liked him. So it makes me wonder what Gattis' guys would've been like if he had brought in his own people.

Advertisement
Lashlee was a big OC. At most levels of football you bring multiple guys with you when you’re a coordinator. Even if it’s off field. That’s just how it is in most situations.

I’d prefer it. A coach at that level of responsibility turning around a program, I’d like them having a core group they trust to align with.

Everything I've heard and read said Gattis was such a douche that nobody in the building really liked him. So it makes me wonder what Gattis' guys would've been like if he had brought in his own people.
He don’t have people lol. Everywhere he goes he leaves on bad terms or causing drama. He just took it up a couple notches at Miami.

“ Chooses “ or hires? An oc will say “I want my wr coach and some
of my off field guys” . The HC will then hire them especially if they want the OC. I mean why would a defensive coach or a coach like Mario pick a bunch of guys that have nothing in common philosophically to teach said Oc’s scheme? Justice , Likens , Lashlee and multiple qc guys were all on the same page.
Look at uga monken has no ties and doesn’t run the same offense as anybody on the offensive staff. Riley at clemson, yurcich at psu, Wilson at osu even tho he just left, Dillingham, johns at duke. I get what y’all are saying but usually when a staff is already in place there is no room to add others

So glad the Gattis debacle is finally over. Now get us an experienced, aggressive OC who doesn’t need the Eagles OL in order to open up our offense.

Gattis’ performance was criminal. If MSU could drastically turn things around in ‘21 and TCU in ‘22 then no reason why we can’t do the same in ‘23.

But we’re going to need the O to make huge strides because our D will be improved but it won’t be one you can lean on week after week to win games.

Advertisement
Back