Gattis and Mario gave us only pathway to victory today…

Advertisement
@GoCanes!! sees himself as the ultimate hardo Canes fan.

If you are honest about the team, you aren’t Fan enough.

Mario willed this team to a huge victory today! Offense was perfect! Defense was perfect! Special teams were truly special!
Special teams were actually really good but I get your point!

Advertisement
Gattis called a crap game. Period. The runs up the middle were predictable. I called it with 90% accuracy. Pathetic what Gattis is doing which is stealing money…dude should’ve been fired already.

And grinding out a win.

People should now see TVD is a much better QB than Garcia.

We’re beat up on offense, going on road, with a QB making his first start, a QB who just turned the ball over 5 times in a little over a half costing us vs. Duke.

We could have opened it up more on offense and had over 400 yards maybe scored a little more and lost 31-17 I regulation due to Garcia turning it over. UVA pass defense is probably best asset of their team.

I knew before game they had to be very conservative on offense, try not to turn ball over, let defense handle a very pedestrian UVA offense.

Mario and Gattis gave the team a chance, and it worked.

You cannot be that conservative at home vs. FSU and win though.

Also I would like a new OC next year.
1. I think you’re giving Gattis/Mario too much credit. I don’t think they were conservative strategically - I think this is the offense we run now and we’re going to continue to struggle

2. TVD is better than Jake yes but I refuse to give up on Jake when he’s running an offense created by Gattis. I don’t think some ppl understand how hampered these kids have been by this offensive scheme

Advertisement
There are many pathways to victory and that game plan and play calling wasn't one of them.

They literally made the game far harder than it should've been.

We have them their second best defensive performance of the season. GT was even worse than we were, which should be a crime against humanity.

All in all, we won, but that wasn't the path to anything. It was an fine performance on what not to do more often than not.

There are many pathways to victory and that game plan and play calling wasn't one of them.

They literally made the game far harder than it should've been.

We have them their second best defensive performance of the season. GT was even worse than we were, which should be a crime against humanity.

All in all, we won, but that wasn't the path to anything. It was an fine performance on what not to do more often than not.
Did you see what happened the last time Jake Garcia was on the field playing QB?

Miami attempted the least amount of passes since Bethune game.

It was by design. Had Garcia gone out there and peed down his leg giving them the ball Miami would have lost.

Did you see what happened the last time Jake Garcia was on the field playing QB?

Miami attempted the least amount of passes since Bethune game.

It was by design. Had Garcia gone out there and peed down his leg giving them the ball Miami would have lost.

Sample size of one part of a game? By and large, he's looked competent whenever he's come in. He came in for TVD who wasn't doing crap all game and immediately took us ahead with two quick TD's. Then the wheels fell off, he had a part in that, but he didn't get that started. Our hand was then forced to keep the throttle up with him, wasn't there another Knighton fumble, OL couldn't do crap, a WR ran the wrong route, but Jake didn't help himself either.

It was a cluster **** of events, but that's not been his thing when he's come in. It was a terrible spot to come into.

I stand by what I previously said. I do get what you're trying to say, but they made everything infinitely tougher than it should've been.

Advertisement
Sample size of one part of a game? By and large, he's looked competent whenever he's come in. He came in for TVD who wasn't doing crap all game and immediately took us ahead with two quick TD's. Then the wheels fell off, he had a part in that, but he didn't get that started. Our hand was then forced to keep the throttle up with him, wasn't there another Knighton fumble, OL couldn't do crap, a WR ran the wrong route, but Jake didn't help himself either.

It was a cluster **** of events, but that's not been his thing when he's come in. It was a terrible spot to come into.

I stand by what I previously said. I do get what you're trying to say, but they made everything infinitely tougher than it should've been.
TVD had zero turnovers until the injury hit. Duke was whipping our beat up injured OL.

Jake after taking a lead played the worst half of football from a Miami QB I’ve ever seen.

He turned it over 5 times, 5 times, 5 TIMES in one half, and that was main reason we got beat in that 2nd half.

Now if you are a HC/OC, and you just witnessed that abomination, would you not lean on a running game and defense? UVA pass defense is a strength of their team.

Their offense has struggled, their OL stinks, can’t run the ball, struggle to score.

Now what would be your game plan?

that game set back offensive college football by at least a decade. It was singlehandedly the worst UM win I have seen in 50 years of life. I feel bad I even watched that game.
Decade?! How bout 50yrs. But to be honest, It was pretty **** offensive to watch. As a coach, let me first say that I’ve never seen an ugly win! That **** today was **** close, tho. 😂🤣😂. I would rather score 12 and win then score 50 and lose. But we gotta do something on that side of the ball. That was pitiful.

Nothing is going to get fixed this year. Gonna take a lot of work to get things moving in the right direction for next year

So yeah I don’t really give a **** how we win, I will take it. No sense in being upset about the product on the field when it’s not going to change

We are stuck with this for the rest of the year. Going into every game expecting anything different is the definition of insanity

I think people are getting it twisted that somehow being happy we won, is also being happy with the program

Also people *****ing after a win, are also not happy we are losing

It’s the same thing just two different ways of handling it and I understand both

Advertisement
TVD had zero turnovers until the injury hit. Duke was whipping our beat up injured OL.

Jake after taking a lead played the worst half of football from a Miami QB I’ve ever seen.

He turned it over 5 times, 5 times, 5 TIMES in one half, and that was main reason we got beat in that 2nd half.

Now if you are a HC/OC, and you just witnessed that abomination, would you not lean on a running game and defense? UVA pass defense is a strength of their team.

Their offense has struggled, their OL stinks, can’t run the ball, struggle to score.

Now what would be your game plan?

TVD wasn't doing a thing until he was hurt. Some was on him, largely on Gattis.

Jake came in and passed for two quick TD's.

Duke comes back and scores. We're down again.

We then go for an inexcusable 4th down. We had the first down, ball delivered, but it was dropped.

Duke scores again and were back to 10 down with 14 minutes to play.

Duke then sacks and causes a fumble. The OL doing its thing, beaten like a drum.

Duke scores, 12 minutes and some change left, up 17.

That's a very tough spot to be in. You aren't coming back and winning 90 plus percent of the time there. I don't care who the QB is. We still tried, but failures all over the place made for a bloody 4th quarter. One INT was on our receiver. The sack fumbles, that's on the OL first and ball security secondly. We're forced to throw the ball, can't block, the defense is sitting on routes knowing a pass is coming as there isn't time to run the ball, we're down 17.

Yes, it was a **** performance. Still, our hand was forced, you're fighting an uphill battle. We tried and failed on every level.

I sure as heck wouldn't have counted on our run game to do anything. It hasn't all season. I also wouldn't call half the passing concepts we isex but thats me.

What drives me absolutely insane about this staff is how we look to the sideline to check the call to see if we need to change it and the majority of the time they still make the wrong call. What I mean by that is that's used to make sure you've got the right call made. We typically don't exploit what they're showing us.

Want to know a game plan, watch literally any game they've played and see what everyone else did. Every team they've played has scored more in 4 quarters. GT is the only team they've played that put up less yards, but scored one more field goal in regulation. ODU put up more yards and points. Richmond put up more yards and points.

Thr entire thing was an offensive abortion of a plan. You want to thank someone today, thank UVA's inept offense coupled by a solid defensive performance. We're lucky their guy dropped a surefire TD in our end zone. This offensive staff coached up a loss, but UVA didn't capitalize.

Advertisement
Back