Gattis, alum and former players say he weird

BigJStef

Recruit
Ok I hardly ever post but I had too. Two buddies of mine played for Miami one with the 01 team from 00-03, and the other from 02-05.

First off they love Mario. Just say he’s doing things the right way changing how kids feel honor in playing for um again.

Ok so both are around the program a bit, one for medical and the other real estate.

They met Gattis not sure when, but I talked with them at my 40th a couple weeks back.

They both said most awkward conversation, awkward dude. Also very dismissive.

these are two alums that played (not a ton, but played), and are now very successful outside of football which is great for the university.

On said Gattis tried to squeeze his hand super hard when shaking his hand, like look how strong I am, like trying to intimidate him.

Any who thought I’d share.

Ok back to lurking for me.

Advertisement
Ok I hardly ever post but I had too. Two buddies of mine played for Miami one with the 01 team from 00-03, and the other from 02-05.

First off they love Mario. Just say he’s doing things the right way changing how kids feel honor in playing for um again.

Ok so both are around the program a bit, one for medical and the other real estate.

They met Gattis not sure when, but I talked with them at my 40th a couple weeks back.

these are two alums that played (not a ton, but played), and are now very successful outside of football which is great for the university.

On said Gattis tried to squeeze his hand super hard when shaking his hand, like look how strong I am, like trying to intimidate him.

“Hardly ever post” checks out. Great post, Thanks for sharing!!!

I ain’t gonna get on Gattis for being wierd, **** a lot of good coaches can be wierd. But what I just can’t get is him trying to intimidate an alum (if that what he was trying to do).

Advertisement
I can’t stand Gattis, but that’s some soft as Charmin ****.

Men have firm handshakes. That’s the way our generations were taught. Not like the modern day soy boys.
It sounds like he was trying to go the extra hard squeeze route to show he’s a manly man. Firm is one thing as compared to a dead fish but this sounds like overkill insecure ****.

He could have been playing some weirdo stuff but some people just have vise grip handshakes.

My grandfather was one, and it was clearly passed down genetically. Firearms training and weight training accentuate it as well.

Advertisement
Could be, you never know. But it sounds strange that he would do this to someone that he just met.
I agree but there are weird people. I’ve had that happen but it’s like a random once every 5 years amongst many normal handshakes. Anyhow, I guess we had to be there and experience it first hand ( @WaterburyCane see what I did there?)

Advertisement
OP, can you define “super hard” for me?

Thanks.
Time for a commercial break and a message from our sponsor.

5AF1DD0E-4179-46FD-A637-F77F4CCFE790.gif

Advertisement
I agree but there are weird people. I’ve had that happen but it’s like a random once every 5 years amongst many normal handshakes. Anyhow, I guess we had to be there and experience it first hand ( @WaterburyCane see what I did there?)

You can’t just walk in to the police precinct and say you just murdered someone, then walk out.

Always the after midnight crowd

How about I hand you a citation for that bad joke.

1669013763693.gif

Advertisement
Back