Gators & Noles dislike each other, but they hate Canes more

Don't let our recent stretch of relative mediocrity lull anyone to sleep.

It looks we are about to turn the corner under CMR — and when we do, be assured these "respectful" Nole fans I keep hearing about and Gator fans who "don't care about Miami" will disappear like the illusion they are.

I was born and raised in North Florida. Been surrounded by UF and FSU folks nearly my whole life.

Their attention might be elsewhere right now, but I guarantee that will change once the Canes get back to rolling.

All the hatred and negative/false stereotypes of Miami — the stuff the Notre Dames and the Penn States are infamous for — will be in full effect from the original proponents of that crap in Tallahassee and Gainesville.

Gator fans and Nole fans are far more alike than they are different whether they realize it or not.

Just wait and see.

Advertisement
Don't let our recent stretch of relative mediocrity lull anyone to sleep.

It looks we are about to turn the corner under CMR — and when we do, be assured these "respectful" Nole fans I keep hearing about and Gator fans who "don't care about Miami" will disappear like the illusion they are.

I was born and raised in North Florida. Been surrounded by UF and FSU folks nearly my whole life.

Their attention might be elsewhere right now, but I guarantee that will change once the Canes get back to rolling.

All the hatred and negative/false stereotypes of Miami — the stuff the Notre Dames and the Penn States are infamous for — will be in full effect from the original proponents of that crap in Tallahassee and Gainesville.

Gator fans and Nole fans are far more alike than they are different whether they realize it or not.

Just wait and see.

Having spent a significant amount of time in North Florida for business and otherwise, the OP speaks the truth.

There is an absolute hatred of Miami, and everything it stands for, or what these inbreds think it stands for. Of course, the hatred is in huge part due to our success over the last few decades, which still surpasses their success, but it is more than that.

There is also a cultural component to it and it's not insignificant. Part of is a hatred and fear of our multiculturalism, part of it is ignorance about South Florida, and part of it is just plain prejudice.

Let's be honest, a good portion, probably the majority of **** and hole fans are good ole boys. I'm not saying there aren't AA or other groups that are fans, they have those fans too. But I am talking about their base. Well over 50% of their fans fit into the "old south" mode, imo.

Let me just add this.

It will always be home and I do love North Florida (yes, there is good and bad) -- though not much as I love my Hurricanes.

giphy.gif

BUT ... like Original said, there is an absolute hatred of Miami I've seen first-hand for decades from Gators and Noles that is on a whole different level.

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but I think some UM fans may be a little naive about just how negatively a large portion of FSU/UF folks feel about Miami as a city, university, football program and fan base.

I visit family in Webster county near clermont and let me tell you the hate I get when I'm in my um gear all I see is gators and noles up there but I love the hate I see in their eyes

Advertisement
Canes hate Gators more than they hate Noles
Noles hate Gators more than they hate Canes
Gators hate Noles more than they hate Canes

So 2/3 of all fans hate Gators the most and 1/3 of all fans hate Noles the most.

But, zero fans hate Canes the most.

Canes win!

Let me just add this.

It will always be home and I do love North Florida (yes, there is good and bad) -- though not much as I love my Hurricanes.

View attachment 43862

BUT ... like Original said, there is an absolute hatred of Miami I've seen first-hand for decades from Gators and Noles that is on a whole different level.

Not to sound like a know-it-all, but I think some UM fans may be a little naive about just how negatively a large portion of FSU/UF folks feel about Miami as a city, university, football program and fan base.

LOL.

Well that large portion, and any other remaining portions, can lick my *******.

That's how I feel about those folks.

Advertisement
You live in Nort Florida? My condolences.

Oh and I approve this thread.

You live in Nort Florida? My condolences.

Oh and I approve this thread.

I live in NW Florida.

Here we got a boatload damned Gator fans - including my son-in-law, even more FSU fans, a buttload of Alabama fans, and enough of a sprinkling of Auburn fans to chap my butt.

BUT. Everyday, I see a Cane fan. Or two.

We're few, but we're a crowd all by ourselves.

Advertisement
Let me just add this.

View attachment 43862

LOL.

Well that large portion, and any other remaining portions, can lick my *******.

That's how I feel about those folks.
that actually feels good

Let me just add this.

View attachment 43862

You in the Duval area? I'm in St Augustine.

I agree on the hate up to a point. I think there are patches that based on their experiences hate one more than the other. I've met a lot of gator fans who don't hate us more than FSU. I've also met more Noles that hate Gates more than us, but I've seen it go the other way for both fanbases. Now that may be due to relevance, but I think its more about experiences. For example, if someone became a gator fan after our prime was on the downfall, they don't care about us nearly as much as the Noles, but if they watched us back in the day, they might.

It's the same around here. There are some Cane fans who hate Noles more than gates and vice versa. With all that said, we are surrounded by gators here in North Florida, and I can't stand listening to them talk about the Gators and Tebow. These clowns still ride his jock. The best thing I've seen in years is Urban doing them dirty, and their eventual downfall.

They are like herpes, raging wild when we are about to get laid. But worry not, the good ol' Pastor will make good on leading us to salvation.

Advertisement
i suppose it depends upon the age of fans

i'm 26 and i guarantee you fsu and florida hate each other more than either hates us.

when we become relevant again(looks like we already are), that will change

for now we have to be able to win a **** game against fsu before we expect them to fear us.

Honestly I don't think UF fans care in the least about Miami. Except on CIS I don't think Miami fans care very much about UF either. I'm not sure where the anti-UF sentiment on this website comes from.

I do agree that FSU fans will hate Miami more than they hate UF if Richt can bring us back.

Last edited:
I lived in Jax for 10 years.. and LOVE to see us taking top Duval talent!
Turds don't want to play us. freeshoeu will start funding a 'Bring Golden Back' campaign after our next visit to trailerhassee.

Advertisement
Back