Gators & Noles dislike each other, but they hate Canes more

My parents live north of Tampa, with my wife's mom in Tampa.

We come back to visit and are currently living here to be closer to them.

Anyway, people are nice. Until they hear I went to UM. Or lived in Miami and Broward for many years.

Then their expressions totally change, and they don't want anything to do with me. Or they warn me about Miami like I'd better carry a gun. Or work on my spanish. It happens so much I avoid mentioning it anymore.

Official bagman of the WEZ

Advertisement
I am 29 and was not around for the flop, but had heard about it from my dad. My hatred of all things **** comes from the fact that they claim to be some powerhouse but took us off the schedule. I will say I hate the holes too but at least they didn't cower and hide from us, they at least took their beatings like a man.

I am 29 and was not around for the flop, but had heard about it from my dad. My hatred of all things **** comes from the fact that they claim to be some powerhouse but took us off the schedule. I will say I hate the holes too but at least they didn't cower and hide from us, they at least took their beatings like a man.

UF's cowardice is reason enough for UM fans to hate the Turds (there are thousands more, too, but I digress).

BUT I wouldn't be so quick to give the Holes ANY credit for keeping us on the schedule.

If the SEC came calling and FSU jumped ship, how long do you think our home-and-home series would continue?

At that point, we'd all find out just how brave the Seminoles really are.

Then their expressions totally change, and they don't want anything to do with me. Or they warn me about Miami like I'd better carry a gun. Or work on my spanish. It happens so much I avoid mentioning it anymore.

Yup, when I lived in Orlando it was the same. They think that all of south Florida is some kind of warzone and nobody speaks English.

Advertisement
Back