Gators CB Brian Edwards arrested on assaulting girlfriend

Advertisement
****, I have no problem with 2-3 chances in the NFL, though times have changed and ownership wont tolerate that ****...and shouldn't

JJ even gave Lawrence Phillips a run with the Dolphins basically saying the same thing...what do we have to lose, only Phillips loses if he screws up again.

UM

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Spurrier's quote at all, when it pertains to the NFL.

Why should anyone in the general public get a say in how many "chances" an individual gets to earn a living in their chosen profession? Once someone has paid their debt to society, why should social pressures determine where they can or can't earn a paycheck? We're talking about professional football, basically, modern day Roman Gladiators who perform and sacrifice their bodies for nothing more than the entertainment and amusement of spectators and gamblers.

There's no reason these guys should be deprived of their ability to work on any different basis than anyone in any other field of work.

People take sports and athletes and entertainers way too ******* seriously. I certainly don't condone beating a woman or committing violent crimes, and I reserve the right to not like or support players who beat women/children or torture dogs, but I don't understand why people feel it is ok for an entire league, that is statutorily exempt from anti-trust laws to blackball individuals because of either ALLEGED criminal behavior, for crimes that they have served their punishment for, or for making statements or taking stances that are controversial or unpopular. Goodell's NFL flies in the face of the principles of fairness, freedom, and presumption of innocence that our society relies upon to function.

... But anyway.... my point was simply that UF's history of covering up and ignoring the crimes of their football players didn't begin with Urban.

Was not he the one that wanted to play corner and into safety here? His testing numbers were "fair" at best. Never an a 40 at any camp or combine. But at Miramar High had a rather slow 24.17--200 meters. His short shuttle in Nike testing was 4.78 and vertical 28.3 f0r a tall slender guy not very good.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/204864/brian-edwards
he was a must get to many on this board though and Rumph is trash.......remember?

Advertisement
Wasn't he part of the infamous little recruiting video that claimed that playing in the SEC is "different."??? So is traveling all that way to catch a DV charge.

Should any of us really be judging crimes kids committed?

What I mean is, if he isn’t in jail or convicted in court, it sounds like you should be ****ed at the court, right?

Definitely not making excuses for POS human beings, but get mad the the court system first.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Should any of us really be judging crimes kids committed?

What I mean is, if he isn’t in jail or convicted in court, it sounds like you should be ****ed at the court, right?

Definitely not making excuses for POS human beings, but get mad the the court system first.

huh?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back