Gators CB Brian Edwards arrested on assaulting girlfriend

Umfuture

Banned
Banned
"For the second time in the past month, a Florida Gators football player is facing trouble off the field. Backup cornerback Brian Edwards was arrested Monday night on a battery complaint, according to the Alachua County jail records.
Edwards allegedly got into an argument with his girlfriend where he grabbed her neck, according to multiple reports.
The 20-year-old from Hollywood allegedly left marks on his girlfriend’s neck and a scratch on her shoulder, according to the Orlando Sentinel."

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article230118484.html

Advertisement
Typical. Watch Mullen do nothing to set the example for the rest of the team. The administration given potential backlash may, but nothing has really changed there in Gainesville from the times of Ubie

Advertisement
Agree...I look for him to "quietly" leave the school to a JUCO or much lower college that will take his type
even if the woman does not press charges for whatever reason including "institutional" coercion. I wonder what other issues have "been resolved" without police action we never heard about?

Advertisement
Typical. Watch Mullen do nothing to set the example for the rest of the team. The administration given potential backlash may, but nothing has really changed there in Gainesville from the times of Ubie

True, but it goes back way further than Urban. Being trailer trash is in UF's DNA. Schnellenberger is our Godfather and JJ is our GOAT. Their greatest was the scumbag Urban who helped turn Hernandez into a murderer and who covered up for a wife beater, and their godfather is Spurrier, who certainly was entertaining and had some great quotes in his day, but also was no moral bedrock when it came to the crimes committed by his players.

True, but it goes back way further than Urban. Being trailer trash is in UF's DNA. Schnellenberger is our Godfather and JJ is our GOAT. Their greatest was the scumbag Urban who helped turn Hernandez into a murderer and who covered up for a wife beater, and their godfather is Spurrier, who certainly was entertaining and had some great quotes in his day, but also was no moral bedrock when it came to the crimes committed by his players.

****, I have no problem with 2-3 chances in the NFL, though times have changed and ownership wont tolerate that ****...and shouldn't

JJ even gave Lawrence Phillips a run with the Dolphins basically saying the same thing...what do we have to lose, only Phillips loses if he screws up again.

UM

Advertisement
It's UF, bro. They swept Aaron Hernandez under the rug.

I would agree but 2006-2008 is a long time ago in todays #metoo culture and how the media hates domestic violence...

Steal, fraud, rampant drug usage, even bags being dropped can all be turned away as kids just trying to "make it out of the streeets"

Anything that involves women will get blown up like a murder case

Was not he the one that wanted to play corner and into safety here? His testing numbers were "fair" at best. Never an a 40 at any camp or combine. But at Miramar High had a rather slow 24.17--200 meters. His short shuttle in Nike testing was 4.78 and vertical 28.3 f0r a tall slender guy not very good.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/204864/brian-edwards

He chose them over us so that he could work with a coach. The day after signing day that coach announced that he had already been hired to an NFL team. No love lost for the rope a dope they pulled on him and the other recruits. I think also we wanted him only as a safety and they were saying he could play corner there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back