Tears Gator Tears

Did anyone ever notice that Slingblade Billy has thumbs that look like toes?

1709334900067.png

Advertisement

I only watched parts of their games but from what I saw he was talked about/got the ball like RB#1.

Wasn’t he their most productive offensive weapon? Was he told specifically by Napier he’d be #2. It’s informative he felt he would be provided a better opportunity to start at a place like UGA than where he was just getting starting reps, if not yet the title.

The hating losing part and being part of a sinking ship made this his easiest/most intelligent decision, thus far, in his life. It doesn’t matter if you have 1000 carries, if you can’t gain a yard. His statement insinuated he is cemented at the #2 spot. Anybody have more insight here?

Advertisement
I only watched parts of their games but from what I saw he was talked about/got the ball like RB#1.

Wasn’t he their most productive offensive weapon? Was he told specifically by Napier he’d be #2. It’s informative he felt he would be provided a better opportunity to start at a place like UGA than where he was just getting starting reps, if not yet the title.

The hating losing part and being part of a sinking ship made this his easiest/most intelligent decision, thus far, in his life. It doesn’t matter if you have 1000 carries, if you can’t gain a yard. His statement insinuated he is cemented at the #2 spot. Anybody have more insight here?

In Hogtown, Etienne was stuck at RB-2 behind Slingblade Billy's favorite, the kid who came over from Louisiana.

In Hogtown, Etienne was stuck at RB-2 behind Slingblade Billy's favorite, the kid who came over from Louisiana.
Even though he had only 20 less touches in fewer games with a better YPC and more TDs. Sling blade already determined he was #2 for sure in the kids eyes.

He made it really clear. Smart coaching and player management.

Advertisement
Even though he had only 20 less touches in fewer games with a better YPC and more TDs. Sling blade already determined he was #2 for sure in the kids eyes.

He made it really clear. Smart coaching and player management.

No disrespect intended, but I don't know what in the **** you are trying to say.

I've said this before, on other threads: enough of the stats-nerd bull****. I don't give a **** about "20 less touches in fewer games with a better YPC and more TDs". That's just **** that people say when they have nothing else to say.

Here's the reality. The coach controls "touches". The player has the most control over YPC. TDs are a mix, as the coach can impact things by calling on one particular guy over another when the team is in the red zone.

Let's allow Trevor Etienne to have his own feelings, which I'm sure are much closer to the truth that our statistical projections are. If Trevor is producing more yardage and TDs...and Montrell Johnson gets the starts...and Montrell Johnson gets more touches in 9 out of 12 games...and Montrell Johnson is put into more third-down and red-zone opportunities...those are the types of things that may not show up in the stats lines. Not to mention the fact that we don't know what Trevor was told, and if those promises were delivered upon.

I'm not sure where this "smart coaching and player management" is coming from, or if it was a poor attempt at sarcasm. Slingblade Billy is a terrible coach, and if Etienne thought that Montrell Johnson was always going to be the RB-1 in Billy's eyes, he's entitled to that viewpoint.

No disrespect intended, but I don't know what in the **** you are trying to say.

I've said this before, on other threads: enough of the stats-nerd bull****. I don't give a **** about "20 less touches in fewer games with a better YPC and more TDs". That's just **** that people say when they have nothing else to say.

Here's the reality. The coach controls "touches". The player has the most control over YPC. TDs are a mix, as the coach can impact things by calling on one particular guy over another when the team is in the red zone.

Let's allow Trevor Etienne to have his own feelings, which I'm sure are much closer to the truth that our statistical projections are. If Trevor is producing more yardage and TDs...and Montrell Johnson gets the starts...and Montrell Johnson gets more touches in 9 out of 12 games...and Montrell Johnson is put into more third-down and red-zone opportunities...those are the types of things that may not show up in the stats lines. Not to mention the fact that we don't know what Trevor was told, and if those promises were delivered upon.

I'm not sure where this "smart coaching and player management" is coming from, or if it was a poor attempt at sarcasm. Slingblade Billy is a terrible coach, and if Etienne thought that Montrell Johnson was always going to be the RB-1 in Billy's eyes, he's entitled to that viewpoint.
I think he was being sarcastic with the smart coaching and player management thing.

Sarcasm. I’m meaning no disrespect either but I clearly

Dude my apologies my message was axed by the ad monster and I didn’t think it was sent.

My point or what I wanted to highlight was; I found it extremely weird that Etienne purposely used #2 when referring to his spot on the depth chart multiple times.

In my post, I stated in the few games I caught glimpses of UF, the announcers mentioned Ettienne like the feature back and Johnson was spelling him.

I looked up his stats because I’ve seen people post here he was UFs most productive offensive weapon. The “nerd stats” proved their assertions.

I was being sarcastic, by also saying “what did Billy do to make this kid believe he had a better chance starting for UGA than his own team?”. With him being their best offensive weapon, I would believe the end of year summary would have included plans to get him more touches/involvement. Clearly **** poor player management and lack of understanding/communication by the coaches.

I just thought that it was wild Etienne felt whole heartedly the coaches wouldn’t give him a true shot at RB #I. The title/extra opportunities was obviously important to him. You would assume with his play he would at LEAST be given a real shot to achieve his goal.

Advertisement

Holy ****, nothing new under the sun. Those ******* mullets and ****-staches. Redneck '87 back in style again? I guess I dont get out enough lately.. lol.

No worries man. I was following along with you. I knew what you meant. It’s pretty odd how Napier put Montrell Williams ahead of Etienne. Bad decision making
Sometimes less is more. I could have just simplified and got straight to my point.

I didn’t see the games enough to see if Montreal did everything (pass blocking/routes) better. But for Etienne feel and say he had a chance to compete for the #1 spot at UGA and imply not at UF is mind-boggling phuckery even for Billy.

Advertisement

I think the best stats for an RB is yards after contact and forced missed tackles.

YPC isn't terrible, but those can be driven higher but a worse tailback being behind a strong OL, or making an RB run draw on 3rd and 28 and he gets 17 yards untouched, which is worthless.

Just my personal reason why I prefer the other two.

I think the best stats for an RB is yards after contact and forced missed tackles.

YPC isn't terrible, but those can be driven higher but a worse tailback being behind a strong OL, or making an RB run draw on 3rd and 28 and he gets 17 yards untouched, which is worthless.

Just my personal reason why I prefer the other two.
It’s tough to use just one specific stat. Guys who get a majority of their teams’ short yardage carries are likely to average fewer yards per carry than third down backs who get a lot of draws against nickel and dime personnel. People also tend to fall in love with the third string guy who does most of his work against inferior teams in blowout games. The reason he’s averaging 6 yards per carry is because half his carries came against an FCS team when it was already 40-0.

Advertisement
Back