Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
It’s tough to use just one specific stat. Guys who get a majority of their teams’ short yardage carries are likely to average fewer yards per carry than third down backs who get a lot of draws against nickel and dime personnel. People also tend to fall in love with the third string guy who does most of his work against inferior teams in blowout games. The reason he’s averaging 6 yards per carry is because half his carries came against an FCS team when it was already 40-0.
Yeah agreed.

I'd probably put a disclaimer saying minimum of 75 carries or something.

But that's why yards after contact is more helpful especially in a blowout, if a guy from Béthune Cookman, can shoestring you with a wide open hole, the LB from Clemson is gonna take you down. A better back will break the former.
But I still agree, there's a few things you have to look at.

Beyond 1 or 2, there’s a major difference in the OL he has at UGA vs the gator OL.
Plus, he probably realized the Gates are going to be down big in so many games next year they’re going to be forced to let Murda Mertz fling the ball all over the field. It’s hard to stay committed to the run game when you’re constantly down by 3+ TD’s.

Advertisement
Sarcasm. I’m meaning no disrespect either but I clearly

Dude my apologies my message was axed by the ad monster and I didn’t think it was sent.

My point or what I wanted to highlight was; I found it extremely weird that Etienne purposely used #2 when referring to his spot on the depth chart multiple times.

In my post, I stated in the few games I caught glimpses of UF, the announcers mentioned Ettienne like the feature back and Johnson was spelling him.

I looked up his stats because I’ve seen people post here he was UFs most productive offensive weapon. The “nerd stats” proved their assertions.

I was being sarcastic, by also saying “what did Billy do to make this kid believe he had a better chance starting for UGA than his own team?”. With him being their best offensive weapon, I would believe the end of year summary would have included plans to get him more touches/involvement. Clearly **** poor player management and lack of understanding/communication by the coaches.

I just thought that it was wild Etienne felt whole heartedly the coaches wouldn’t give him a true shot at RB #I. The title/extra opportunities was obviously important to him. You would assume with his play he would at LEAST be given a real shot to achieve his goal.

It's all good. We 've spent thousands of pages ripping on all of the bad decisions the Gators make, so your post was a bit confusing.

The larger point is the important one. Slingblade Billy imported a ton of corches from Louisiana, and several players too. And whether favoritism is real or imagined, it has an impact on the team. The OL that Billy brought from Louisiana played pretty well. And while one can argue that Montrell Johnson has been good too, he certainly hasn't been "so good" that he has clearly beaten out Etienne.

Your point about Etienne's stats is a good one as it relates to showing that both players were pretty decent and comparable. For Slingblade Billy to favor Montrell Johnson with more starts and touches...well, it's something that Etienne felt was never going to change.

Anyhow, all's well that ends well. I think that Slingblade Billy has lost a ton of his own recruits over the past 2 years, and that's not good sign for 2024.

It's all good. We 've spent thousands of pages ripping on all of the bad decisions the Gators make, so your post was a bit confusing.

The larger point is the important one. Slingblade Billy imported a ton of corches from Louisiana, and several players too. And whether favoritism is real or imagined, it has an impact on the team. The OL that Billy brought from Louisiana played pretty well. And while one can argue that Montrell Johnson has been good too, he certainly hasn't been "so good" that he has clearly beaten out Etienne.

Your point about Etienne's stats is a good one as it relates to showing that both players were pretty decent and comparable. For Slingblade Billy to favor Montrell Johnson with more starts and touches...well, it's something that Etienne felt was never going to change.

Anyhow, all's well that ends well. I think that Slingblade Billy has lost a ton of his own recruits over the past 2 years, and that's not good sign for 2024.
Yeah I was just confused and being lazy/not wanting to go really Gator deep diving.

I just remembered the last game I watched some of theirs, the announcers had been pumping up Etienne like he was the primary back. He received a lot of reps early, produced well, but still got a large spell from Johnson. Gators were down which makes sense now with the pass pro talk.

The trajectory for their program is set for an epic meltdown!

Lol this dude challenged you to a fisticuffs duel?

Gets better!!

CD4458A8-C578-44CC-9C5B-06F377B19FC9.jpeg59D39847-74B1-43F3-A364-5E86CE3AFE40.png

Advertisement
Enos is projected to be the next head coach...
I'd chip in to assist that hire.
Gaytors, I believe The Original Cane gave you the obvious power move. Show us you have what it takes to go to another level. We at CIS are pulling for you with this shock and awe strategy. Don't ever say we don't care.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This thread is comedy gold. Ah man, the Taggert comment, the “no hope” attitude with all 25 recruits, and all the Co-???? position coaches on that team make me laugh so hard. IMO this thread was a little cringe when Mullen had them in the SEC Championship Game, but man has it delivered in the past year. Big **** Billy (LOL) is likely worse than all the coaches FSU, UF, and Miami have ever had. Bwahahaha

Another nobody coach given a high paying, on field position at UF. Billy may suck as a coach but he sure does know how to get his friends paid.

I want to say this is their “Al Golden” hire but Golden at least looked like he was making progress for a bit before the wheels fell off. This guy has been *** juice from day one.

Advertisement
Back