Tears Gator Tears

You'd think that selling out their on campus stadium every week would give them plenty of money. I guess selling 50,000 $20 tickets (they have 17,000 free student tickets) isn't enough to cover the bills?

Are the student tickets free? I thought my niece has to pay for them.

Advertisement
I don’t think this is remotely true

“The point is this: Every NIL program is walking a tightrope of existence that depends on the generosity of a few rabid fans.”

Texas is relying on fan donations? Please.

I don’t believe we rely on fan donations either, among others. We have several high rollers.

Sounds like a poor programs problem.

Yes donations are beneficial but I don’t believe that statement is true. He’s just trying to get more UF fans to donate because they don’t have the high roller support. THEY rely on the generosity of fans and he’s making that a blanket statement for all of CFB.
Hasn’t least 2 of their NIL groups had some
Issues with dudes stealing money?

Last edited:
Man listen...it's simple...it's not (always) about bags and who has the deepest bags....it's about winning. His problem, and prior to this past season....YOU ALLLLLLL SAID THIS SO TAKE A BOW, is winning. Don't care how deep your NIL bag is, results STILL DO MATTER.

All we had to do is, oh I don't know, stop a 4th and freaking 17 (Missouri) or have a special team coach (Arkansas) and he would have closed on a top 5 class at the worst, but we dropped the ball and here we are.....fans arguing on Gator Twitter about NIL again lol

I only (slightly) disagree on a couple of points...

First, results matter BUT YOU CAN COMPENSATE FOR LACK OF RESULTS if you have a compelling narrative to sell and a lot of personal charisma and credibility. I believe this is where Mario succeeds while Slingblade Billy fails, even though the first two years of results are very comparable (even if the direction from Y1 to Y2 is different).

Second, I do not necessarily think it was just one play or one corch that ruined this recruiting class for y'all. Slingblade Billy had a lot of momentum in the summertime, but I think it's hard to maintain that same intensity for 6 months when other schools come on strong. Certainly, Slingblade gave his full attention to Lagway, but you can't do that with 20+ recruits. And I warned The Gator fans about what would happen once the recruits started taking other visits.

Now, even IN SPITE of what I just said, I can also acknowledge that all of these factors blend together and interact. So, yes, maybe beating Mizzou starts to help in some other areas. But I don't think that beating Mizzou would have prevented Filsaime from flipping, in and of itself.

Are the student tickets free? I thought my niece has to pay for them.
Only if she bought them from another student. My buddy used to sell his allotted ticket(s) to other students while he was at UF.

Although that was a long time ago. Not sure how they do it now.

Advertisement
Man listen...it's simple...it's not (always) about bags and who has the deepest bags....it's about winning. His problem, and prior to this past season....YOU ALLLLLLL SAID THIS SO TAKE A BOW, is winning. Don't care how deep your NIL bag is, results STILL DO MATTER.

All we had to do is, oh I don't know, stop a 4th and freaking 17 (Missouri) or have a special team coach (Arkansas) and he would have closed on a top 5 class at the worst, but we dropped the ball and here we are.....fans arguing on Gator Twitter about NIL again lol
Nah yall were always losing the 2 to Texas and the edge rusher kid to auburn. Probably 1 other at the very minimum too. Might have been higher than 15 or 16 but wouldn't have been top 5

I only (slightly) disagree on a couple of points...

First, results matter BUT YOU CAN COMPENSATE FOR LACK OF RESULTS if you have a compelling narrative to sell and a lot of personal charisma and credibility. I believe this is where Mario succeeds while Slingblade Billy fails, even though the first two years of results are very comparable (even if the direction from Y1 to Y2 is different).

Second, I do not necessarily think it was just one play or one corch that ruined this recruiting class for y'all. Slingblade Billy had a lot of momentum in the summertime, but I think it's hard to maintain that same intensity for 6 months when other schools come on strong. Certainly, Slingblade gave his full attention to Lagway, but you can't do that with 20+ recruits. And I warned The Gator fans about what would happen once the recruits started taking other visits.

Now, even IN SPITE of what I just said, I can also acknowledge that all of these factors blend together and interact. So, yes, maybe beating Mizzou starts to help in some other areas. But I don't think that beating Mizzou would have prevented Filsaime from flipping, in and of itself.

Nah yall were always losing the 2 to Texas and the edge rusher kid to auburn. Probably 1 other at the very minimum too. Might have been higher than 15 or 16 but wouldn't have been top 5

First of all, thanks for the responses, I appreciate it fellas.

I guess I can't find the right words. While some flips were inevitable, I think losing down the stretch made it EASIER for those flips to occur especially firing both Coach Spencer and Raymond and taking FOREVER to name their replacements. There it is, the domino effect of losing made it easier to pry because remember....all of our in season and ESD flips were DEFENSIVE players (except the WR who went to A&M) so I guess it was actually more so looking completely amateurish defensively ALL SEASON LONG gave those defensive kids cause for pause.

The other unnerving part, is not the flips, it's NOT being able to attract a top flight WR to pair with Lagway whether it was a HS kid or a top WR out the portal. This was a reason why I hated bringing back Billy G when Colbert left for the NFL. He's a solid WR coach but he's an average recruiter. But Billy couldn't convince anyone noteworthy so he had to spin the block on a WR coach that he didn't retain when he took over smh.

I mean why is it that Mario can recruit pretty effectively despite a 12-13 record the last 2 years then?

Advertisement
Did y'all lose 3 straight to end the 2022 season (including an L to Vandy?)

Did y'all lose 5 straight to end the 2023 season?

We lost 4 out of 5.

1705593431401.png

My boy @Dwinstitles will tell you winning is no where near as important as building relationships, and the almighty dollar when it comes to recruiting. Winning helps but it isn’t the end all be all.

First of all, thanks for the responses, I appreciate it fellas.

I guess I can't find the right words. While some flips were inevitable, I think losing down the stretch made it EASIER for those flips to occur especially firing both Coach Spencer and Raymond and taking FOREVER to name their replacements. There it is, the domino effect of losing made it easier to pry because remember....all of our in season and ESD flips were DEFENSIVE players (except the WR who went to A&M) so I guess it was actually more so looking completely amateurish defensively ALL SEASON LONG gave those defensive kids cause for pause.

The other unnerving part, is not the flips, it's NOT being able to attract a top flight WR to pair with Lagway whether it was a HS kid or a top WR out the portal. This was a reason why I hated bringing back Billy G when Colbert left for the NFL. He's a solid WR coach but he's an average recruiter. But Billy couldn't convince anyone noteworthy so he had to spin the block on a WR coach that he didn't retain when he took over smh.

I do agree with you that your situation is far worse on defense than on offense. Fair statement. And if you had lost McCray...

While I could understand the firing of Coach Chaos, I think that Corey Raymond was an unnecesary scapegoat.

As for the brain-dead decision to hire Private Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence to be your DC, well, that's on Slingblade Billy. And don't forget, y'all were pretty happy with Austin after the first 4 games. But, hey, this gem will last forever:

Last edited:
Advertisement

When’s the telethon

My boy @Dwinstitles will tell you winning is no where near as important as building relationships, and the almighty dollar when it comes to recruiting. Winning helps but it isn’t the end all be all.
No matter what happens this season top 3 class. Mario’s been entrenched here for awhile now u will really start seeing classes improve from before.

Advertisement
I do agree with you that your situation is far worse on defense than on offense. Fair statement. And if you had lost McCray...

While I could understand the firing of Coach Chaos, I think that Corey Raymond was an unnecesary scapegoat.

As for the brain-dead decision to hire Private Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence to be your DC, well, that's on Slingblade Billy. And don't forget, y'all were pretty happy with Austin after the first 4 games. But, hey, this gem will last forever:

Oh yea, I was drinking the kool-aid of Bollywood Kirby Smart something heavy after the Tennessee game but I was like "let's see when the meat of the schedule comes to play how the defense looks" aaaaaaaaaaaaand....now we hiring a babysitter for him in Rob Roberts or whatever the **** his name is

It all matters, to varying degrees for different recruits, in the sense of creating a perception about a program.

Outside of being the only Florida school in the SEC and being a great public academic institution, there isn’t much to work with right now.

Bad football product, Gainesville is often seen as undesirable, and you can’t compensate for it with good (enough) NIL, not to mention UF’s history of empty NIL promises.

The bigger picture is still small, so while you have a certain floor, the picture that’s currently painted isn’t pretty enough overall to attract the elites in mass.

Advertisement
Back