Tears Gator Tears

Gimme until after spring and I get to see what mid we bring in from the portal and then i'll give an estimate on when the banner is going to be flown in the fall lol
I feel bad for what's going to happen to you next season. It's not too late, come on over and join us. It will be years before UF will have even a glimmer of success and won't it be nice to see your team win the first game of the season?

Advertisement
First of all, thanks for the responses, I appreciate it fellas.

I guess I can't find the right words. While some flips were inevitable, I think losing down the stretch made it EASIER for those flips to occur especially firing both Coach Spencer and Raymond and taking FOREVER to name their replacements. There it is, the domino effect of losing made it easier to pry because remember....all of our in season and ESD flips were DEFENSIVE players (except the WR who went to A&M) so I guess it was actually more so looking completely amateurish defensively ALL SEASON LONG gave those defensive kids cause for pause.

The other unnerving part, is not the flips, it's NOT being able to attract a top flight WR to pair with Lagway whether it was a HS kid or a top WR out the portal. This was a reason why I hated bringing back Billy G when Colbert left for the NFL. He's a solid WR coach but he's an average recruiter. But Billy couldn't convince anyone noteworthy so he had to spin the block on a WR coach that he didn't retain when he took over smh.
The way I see it is that not all coaches have to win to recruit. But when you are someone like napier who is not really known as a recruiter, and you’re also not known as a good coach, you absolutely HAVE to win to fend off the real recruiters. And unfortunately for him, he does not win and the recruits won’t buy in because of it

The way I see it is that not all coaches have to win to recruit. But when you are someone like napier who is not really known as a recruiter, and you’re also not known as a good coach, you absolutely HAVE to win to fend off the real recruiters. And unfortunately for him, he does not win and the recruits won’t buy in because of it
He was hired cause of his recruiting acumen but hes surrounded by schools that have better recruiters. It’s a tough job the big three especially when there was a UGA Bama and OSU around. It ain’t easy he’s screwed

Worst Offseason.jpg

Advertisement
Amazingly, when you dig deeper about his time at bama, it just becomes more apparent how much he rode Mario’s coattails
Smart and Mario held their own and it shows as they are doing it as HCs on the trail. A lot of fake coaches road Sabans tail some were elite recruiters and some elite x and o guys.

Amazingly, when you dig deeper about his time at bama, it just becomes more apparent how much he rode Mario’s coattails

Completely true. I've been saying it for the past 2 years.

And then go back to Clemson too. Dabo was the super-recruiter on that staff, not Slingblade Billy.

Advertisement
I do agree with you that your situation is far worse on defense than on offense. Fair statement. And if you had lost McCray...

While I could understand the firing of Coach Chaos, I think that Corey Raymond was an unnecesary scapegoat.

As for the brain-dead decision to hire Private Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence to be your DC, well, that's on Slingblade Billy. And don't forget, y'all were pretty happy with Austin after the first 4 games. But, hey, this gem will last forever:

So these are the results you get when you hire young Jonah Hill to be your defensive coordinator

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3269.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I do agree with you that your situation is far worse on defense than on offense. Fair statement. And if you had lost McCray...

While I could understand the firing of Coach Chaos, I think that Corey Raymond was an unnecesary scapegoat.

As for the brain-dead decision to hire Private Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence to be your DC, well, that's on Slingblade Billy. And don't forget, y'all were pretty happy with Austin after the first 4 games. But, hey, this gem will last forever:

This doughboys use of the term "You know what i'm sayin" is just as irritable as saban's use of the term "awwight" I wish someone would punch him right in the face and then say "You know what I'm sayin??"

Advertisement
Back