Tears Gator Tears

Seeing what has transpired at FSU and UF over the last week has been glorious.
Reading the tears threads this week has been awesome.
Best offseason EVER! lol
I haven’t even been following FSU so I don’t know what’s happening there besides getting shut out of the playoffs.

Advertisement
He waited to long to land a top class he waited this cycle. Although it was a place holder class, a class that commits early only to lose them later. If he didn’t show a a top class by his second year he was done. Especially when him and Mario got the jobs at the same time there were red flags. Mario bodied him for citizen and that showed he couldn’t beat Mario on the trail. If you HC one of the big three and can’t beat them in recruiting battles you are done. Especially having to deal with uga bama and OSU locally and then OOS. You won’t be a HC for long in the south east if you can’t do that at a football school.

It’s a joke. They don’t get that they’re not a blue blood. They did nothing until Spurrier and then Urban. We’re not a blue blood and we’re a more accomplished football program than them - 5 rings mf’s

Blue Bloods are the most storied programs over many decades - Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan - those schools plus a few others - Who the **** throws the gator in there with that group historically??? Lol UGA isn’t even a traditional Blue Blood.
"Blue bloods" are only 8 programs:
Bama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Nebraska, and Texas. (and in that order, and with a pretty large gap between the top 3 and bottom 5 tbh)

The "New Bloods" are also 8 programs where there is a clear separation:
Miami, FSU, UF, Georgia, PSU, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn. ....(UF imo is clearly 3rd in the Florida 3... but honestly probably still better than the other 5 listed probably)

Now after all their recent success, I could see Clemson being put in that group, but they'd be closer to the Auburn end of the spectrum than either of the Florida 3. Personally I'd leave them out...

So next up in a more muddied 3rd tier are Clemson, Oregon, UCLA, Washington, Texas A&M, and Wisconsin... with Iowa, MSU, VTech, Arkansas, and West Virginia having the next best arguments.

Those are the 25-ish best CFB programs of all time.

and just for the **** of it if we wanted the best 32 to have a full on NFL structure, I'd add Pitt, Stanford, Oklahoma St, Georgia Tech, and TCU.

Last edited:
Don’t you just love how this is going for that arrogant, smug sisterhood???

Since the summer they’ve been ridiculing us as poor, broke, Ruiz stuff, stadium, Blue Chip Big **** Billy this, Mario that…. And now they’re getting tossed like a rag doll and they’re about to endure consecutive pile drivers into concrete.

When ESD wraps up, if it goes how it’s looking, we need to absolutely drag them up until and through game day in 2024.

When I was going back to look at old posts, I was struck by how bipolar the Gator fans are...

Just before they landed 4 bluechips in one day, you had the "Billy is cooked" posts.

When they landed the 4 bluechips in one day, it was all about "Big **** Billy" and "3-star Mario"/"Poverty Miami".

Now it is right back to "Billy is cooked". All in the span of 6 months.

They have no loyalty or logic, no principles upon which to base their opinions. Nope. It's all just "if I'm happy, Billy is the best, and if I'm sad, Billy should be fired". Literally, nothing more than that.

Advertisement
I haven’t even been following FSU so I don’t know what’s happening there besides getting shut out of the playoffs.

That's the primary. But you can mix in a generous scoop of "we need to get out of the ACC ASAP" and a nice slice of "we are undefeated conference champs, why are we losing recruits to other schools?", and it's a smorgasbord of Tears.

When I was going back to look at old posts, I was struck by how bipolar the Gator fans are...

Just before they landed 4 bluechips in one day, you had the "Billy is cooked" posts.

When they landed the 4 bluechips in one day, it was all about "Big **** Billy" and "3-star Mario"/"Poverty Miami".

Now it is right back to "Billy is cooked". All in the span of 6 months.

They have no loyalty or logic, no principles upon which to base their opinions. Nope. It's all just "if I'm happy, Billy is the best, and if I'm sad, Billy should be fired". Literally, nothing more than that.
Look at this. In the old Filsaime thread at the bottom of page 5. Do you think he literally did this over the phone or that’s just hyperbole type of stuff?

IMG_2342.jpeg

That's the primary. But you can mix in a generous scoop of "we need to get out of the ACC ASAP" and a nice slice of "we are undefeated conference champs, why are we losing recruits to other schools?", and it's a smorgasbord of Tears.
I didn’t realize they’re losing recruits - oh they’re not winning the undecided recruits. They’re sitting at like number 3 right now. It’s got to be a **** of a good class

Look at this. In the old Filsaime thread at the bottom of page 5. Do you think he literally did this over the phone or that’s just hyperbole type of stuff?

View attachment 270541

While "over the phone" would be cold, that sounds like some hyperbole. More likely that Slingblade Billy texted them and said "meet in my office tomorrow at 10 am".

But still, for the Collective to be HR shot-callers is wild AND get near-immediate results is wild. Which just shows where Slingblade Billy's thought process and priorities are. He feels he needs the money a LOT more than his absolute best recruiter/position coach.

Advertisement
I didn’t realize they’re losing recruits - oh they’re not winning the undecided recruits. They’re sitting at like number 3 right now. It’s got to be a **** of a good class

Yeah, maybe that's a bit extreme, but I think that they feel like they are in several dogfights that they should not be in, given their success this year.

Remember, they've been talking **** for months about how they have their pick on whoever they want...

While "over the phone" would be cold, that sounds like some hyperbole. More likely that Slingblade Billy texted them and said "meet in my office tomorrow at 10 am".

But still, for the Collective to be HR shot-callers is wild AND get near-immediate results is wild. Which just shows where Slingblade Billy's thought process and priorities are. He feels he needs the money a LOT more than his absolute best recruiter/position coach.
Assuming all that was true but it wouldn’t shock me

Yeah, maybe that's a bit extreme, but I think that they feel like they are in several dogfights that they should not be in, given their success this year.

Remember, they've been talking **** for months about how they have their pick on whoever they want...
I have not been following them so I have no idea what’s been said.

Advertisement
Don’t you just love how this is going for that arrogant, smug sisterhood???

Since the summer they’ve been ridiculing us as poor, broke, Ruiz stuff, stadium, Blue Chip Big **** Billy this, Mario that…. And now they’re getting tossed like a rag doll and they’re about to endure consecutive pile drivers into concrete.

When ESD wraps up, if it goes how it’s looking, we need to absolutely drag them up until and through game day in 2024.
how i met your mother challenge GIF by hoppip

He waited to long to land a top class he waited this cycle. Although it was a place holder class, a class that commits early only to lose them later. If he didn’t show a a top class by his second year he was done. Especially when him and Mario got the jobs at the same time there were red flags. Mario bodied him for citizen and that showed he couldn’t beat Mario on the trail. If you HC one of the big three and can’t beat them in recruiting battles you are done. Especially having to deal with uga bama and OSU locally and then OOS. You won’t be a HC for long in the south east if you can’t do that at a football school.

Ehhh, the NIL was bad at UF for the jump, that’s fixed now which is evident by recruiting. The issue i have with this current class is although we’re in the top 5/6 (for now), even if we hold onto all of our commits, we STILL lack:

1. top end talent on both the OL and DL. Amaris Williams is very good at DE, but we still don’t have an edge rusher nor a quick twitch guy at DT. **** we only have ONE DT commit and that’s only because UGA flipped our other DT and didn’t give our current DT the greenlight

2. No top flight WR. Eugene Wilson is more Kadarius Toney and a gadget player than a true WR. He can develop into one but….who knows.

3. Corner back recruiting….yikes

Advertisement
Ehhh, the NIL was bad at UF for the jump, that’s fixed now which is evident by recruiting. The issue i have with this current class is although we’re in the top 5/6 (for now), even if we hold onto all of our commits, we STILL lack:

1. top end talent on both the OL and DL. Amaris Williams is very good at DE, but we still don’t have an edge rusher nor a quick twitch guy at DT. **** we only have ONE DT commit and that’s only because UGA flipped our other DT and didn’t give our current DT the greenlight

2. No top flight WR. Eugene Wilson is more Kadarius Toney and a gadget player than a true WR. He can develop into one but….who knows.

3. Corner back recruiting….yikes

And I know this can be said about ANY recruiting class at a certain point, but you are a bit top-heavy with no "circle-back" capacity if you lose anyone.

Just off the composite, you have 8 guys in the Top 91 players, then the next highest guy is #200.

Lagway - while I respect his commitment thus far, if he flips, you have NOTHING at QB.
Filsaime - likely to flip, and soon.
Graham - you are keeping him, he's a Gator legacy.
McCray - I honestly believe he goes to Auburn or F$U. NIL.
Hayes - you are in a dogfight with us for Hayes, and he's a Gator legacy. Sad.
Williams/Jackson/Chiles - all out-of-staters who may very well flip.

Overall, you have an impressive haul of 4-stars for now, but if you lose Filsaime and a couple of those Top 100 4-stars, you are dead, you have nowhere to go for replacements. I think you'll lose Filsaime, McCray, and 1 or 2 or 3 out of Hayes/Williams/Jackson/Chiles.

And that's the thing, we could ALL suffer a flip or two from our commit list. But Florida has a very attractive top-end, a TERRIBLE 2023 season, likely to be an EVEN WORSE 2024 season, and plenty of availability by stronger teams to absorb your top 8 recruits. And they've all been committed for so long (except McCray), that I really don't think you've kept relations "warm" with other recruits.

Sorry, just being honest.

Advertisement
Back