Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Flagg has been one of the most consistent players since Cristobal came in. He been making plays. People formed an early opinion and refuse to reevaluate. He was a key member one defense for Guidry. Not some athletic freak but he knows ball and knows where to be. I wouldnt be shocked if he made some team after college. Prolly a decent coach as well

Flagg has been one of the most consistent players since Cristobal came in. He been making plays. People formed an early opinion and refuse to reevaluate. He was a key member one defense for Guidry. Not some athletic freak but he knows ball and knows where to be. I wouldnt be shocked if he made some team after college. Prolly a decent coach as well
Bookmarked.

Advertisement
Disagree. He was solid as a reserve/part time player. He was really productive this year
Ive got no problem with Flagg having been a Cane. My problem stems from the fact that he was the best we had to trot out as a starter. He’s a good locker room guy from all accounts and a good depth piece to have as a 2nd or 3rd team contributor.

Nah last year was a disaster, that MTSU play is seared in my mind.. This year he played his role really well, I was quick to call flagg out as a guy who shouldnt be a LB at a school like miami if we have standards but THIS season he did his job. I think there was maybe one or 2 games where he was a flat out liability, prior season was every game. Someone made a comment and I agree, he was thrown out there wayyy too early and he got judged by that and it wasnt his fault, we just had no one else, which shows you how bad it was, we had walkons getting real live reps..

With this staff he would have never received an offer it’s just facts. Nothing against him he’s a good dude and played his heart out. They look for a different breed
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
We need to lose some of our lower level dudes and replace them with upgrades. I think we have a good number more commits than the gator as well.

Agreed. I'm not super-worried right now. I knew we were making the MASSIVE effort on flip candidates, I just needed to see a "proof of concept" flip before I started to express my confidence publicly. These kids are so hard to predict, they are telling a LOT of coaches what those coaches want to hear.

3 weeks to go...

Nah last year was a disaster, that MTSU play is seared in my mind.. This year he played his role really well, I was quick to call flagg out as a guy who shouldnt be a LB at a school like miami if we have standards but THIS season he did his job. I think there was maybe one or 2 games where he was a flat out liability, prior season was every game. Someone made a comment and I agree, he was thrown out there wayyy too early and he got judged by that and it wasnt his fault, we just had no one else, which shows you how bad it was, we had walkons getting real live reps..
He made bad plays like all players on a bad team. But i still think he was over analyzed, over criticized and blamed too much. Just me though.

Disagree. He was solid as a reserve/part time player. He was really productive this year
If you truly want to compete with Georgias, you cannot have Flagg on your team…definitely not in your two deep. Only way he would be a take is if that secures us getting his five star high school teammate.

Advertisement
I’ve got 4. Confident 2 of them will go which is good enough for me.

Sliding scale. If we're really talking Top 5 Class in terms of talent per player, I've got 6-7. But only the bottom 2 on my list (1 OL and 1 DL) don't seem good enough to me to be Canes.

p.s. Thought this was a Gators Tears thread, not a Flagg or Russell thread? ... if so, fvck the Gators.

Advertisement
Agreed. I'm not super-worried right now. I knew we were making the MASSIVE effort on flip candidates, I just needed to see a "proof of concept" flip before I started to express my confidence publicly. These kids are so hard to predict, they are telling a LOT of coaches what those coaches want to hear.

3 weeks to go...

We need to lose some of our lower level dudes and replace them with upgrades. I think we have a good number more commits than the gator as well.

I don’t know if anyone can answer this, but keeping in mind roster size, possible portal additions, and imposed NCAA limits on recruiting numbers, how many highschoolers can we sign this recruiting year?

If you truly want to compete with Georgias, you cannot have Flagg on your team…definitely not in your two deep. Only way he would be a take is if that secures us getting his five star high school teammate.
Flagg isn’t why Georgia would blow us out. Having an average backup inside linebacker is waaaaay down on the list of reasons Miami isn’t as good as Georgia. Besides, let’s concern ourselves with beating the average ACC teams that beat us every year before we decide we should be beating the #1 program in the country.

With this staff he would have never received an offer it’s just facts. Nothing against him he’s a good dude and played his heart out. They look for a different breed
You see some of the offers we have out there right now?

Advertisement
Back